Do you let your friends drive your Ferrari? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Do you let your friends drive your Ferrari?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Sep 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I used to let other people drive my cars, but since I have two friends with Ferrari's that have been damaged in a wreck, I do not. Both of the repaired cars suffer so much "Diminished" value, that I think my Buddies will have them for quite a while. Both cars were damaged while being driven by the owners, but, letting someone else drive increases the odds of damage.

2. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Happy to give rides, but I'm the only one that drives my cars. It isn't an insurance issue for me, it's just that I won't go there. Honestly, people don't even ask me to drive them.

3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I was one of the first members on 6speedonline and it was very tragic when Ben died.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Big difference from a friend that will take advantage of the situation and put himself, the car and possibly the passenger at risk vs. a good guy that will take the car for a careful cruise. One would think it's pretty easy to know which friends would fall into each category. I see zero issue with the later ;)

5. Maadalfa

Maadalfa Karting

Aug 19, 2014
    Never ever, no way!

6. on1wheel

on1wheel Rookie

Apr 20, 2016
    I do. I'm with them in the car when they do. What's the point of having friends with money? Life is only good if you can share what you have. Just my .02

100badboy100 and Dave rocks like this.
  7. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I have let plenty of people drive my cars, including by themselves on a track. Very few people get the chance to drive these cars. Why not share the experience?

100badboy100, Imak and Dave rocks like this.
  8. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I let good friends and my father in law drive my cars. My experience is that these people baby them TOO much. I guess that’s why I trust them to drive them....

Imak likes this.
  9. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A good friend would never ask.....................If they are asking the answer should be no. I have let people drive my cars but I was the one that said "Hey, jump in the drivers seat"

10. GRZEPAPA

GRZEPAPA Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    only if I know he can AFFORD to buy me a new one no questions asked!

11. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I used to let any of my friends drive with me in the seat beside them. Most were so nervous coupled with the fact it was a manual shift transmission that they didn't really enjoy the drive.

Now I just take them for a drive if they want. I would let my brother drive it or a really really close friend but that's it.

12. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    :D

13. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I only let my close friends (competent drivers) drive my nice cars. My father of course will always be able to drive any of them. The material possession is not worth more to me then the joy I can give to my dad.

14. Imak

Imak Rookie

May 25, 2014
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Mark S
    Considering I haven't had the pleasure to drive one or ride in one , who wants to let me ride in their Ferrari in Houston :p

15. F355GTB

F355GTB Karting

Jul 9, 2012
    Never, I let nobody driver my F cars. :D:D:D

16. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Depends on who is asking. Case by case basis

17. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    Friends? No. They're too young to be covered under my ins. policy.

Wife? No. She's too young to be covered under my ins. policy.

That leaves my dad, he said he didn't want to. My brother in-law who used to race cars drove it - said it was the best ever.

The dealership drives it onto the lift and off the lift :)

18. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    I let my qualified friends drive my car. As an avid track guy, "qualified" means other track drivers who I know are good (on track) and who's judgement I trust. Fortunately, I have more than a few friends who meet that criteria.

19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I have no problem if it’s another Ferrari owner wanting to check out my rig as they may be interested in the experience vs. their car.

100badboy100 likes this.