Bugatti Chiron | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Chiron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Aerolithe57, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aerolithe57

Aerolithe57 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
  2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Another one video. I hope it's not a re-post.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That thing looks really nice in dark colors and dark wheels...very sinister. I'm virtually always opposed to black wheels as I think they don't look as nice as silver, but I think it suits this cars stance well. The car otherwise looks soft in light colors like champagne and silver wheels.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I saw one today in the wild in LA. About 11 in the morning in West LA. I think it was going to the dealer repair facility. There's a Lambo/ Bentley dealer service center just down the street from where I work.

Mostly dark blue with a light metallic blue highlight in the "circular area" on the sides.

From the back it didn't look anything special. The tail lights are nice but I really couldn't tell what it was until it turned the corner and I saw the side profile.

It looks smaller than it appears in photos.

5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Were you able to tell if it was wearing those bumper plates?

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Funny you asked that but I really could not tell. It was dark blue and a few cars in front of me. To me it did not have the US bumpers. It may have been a demo car for the dealer or more likely a press car. I have no idea. It did not have CA plates. In fact it had no plates at all.

But for sure it was a Chiron. There was no question about that. You can't miss those tail lights and that new circular cut out in the sides.

7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    thanks for sharing

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Crazy collection of the newest hypercars and because of that recently put together. Any idea if they plan on adding more supercars from older generations?

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    http://koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-agera-rs-completes-0-400-0-kmh-run-in-36-44-seconds/

Beat the Chiron by over 5 seconds. Also if you watch the video in the link a few things jump out.

1 is that Ksegg gearchanges are violent and relatively slow. Their cars could really benefit from a dual clutch even if there is a weight penalty.

2 The acceleration curve is hilarious. From 0-300 kph it's basically a straight line. 200-300 kph take about 6 seconds. And Ksegg claims the surface was poor (which is did appear so).

They're the straight line kings. Have been for a while. This is another example.

11. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    LMAO, it'll never end! I'd still take a Chiron.

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would as well. I'm in the minority but Ksegg and Pagani do nothing for me. I do think Ksegg's top end acceleration is impressive, however.

13. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    for sure
    the ksegg I sat in last year felt like a kit car. i was supposed to drive it but it had an issue. 2bad.
    still a monumental achievement

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I had a friend who flew to Italy to test drive a Pagani and said the same thing. Felt like a kit car albeit with expensive materials.

Lone Wolf likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow! I'm wondering now if their "transmission-less" Regera can get to 400 in 20s as claimed. I'm thinking yes as that thing did it in like 26.

I prefer the Koenigsegg over them all due to their technology and that they're made by the guy the car company is named after. I'm not a fan of Pagani outsourcing their engine.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Remember, This agera had 1360 hp and is 150 kg lighter than the regera.

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    It does weigh less, but I believe the Regera makes more power (not the peak electric + ICE, but still 1,500). Plus, without the gearing in a standard transmission and the use of electric motors, it should be quicker at the lower end and shouldn't experience loss of momentum during a gear change other cars would have.

Edit: That Agera RS is basically the One:1 with the power upgrade so it's about the same as the Regera per their times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_Regera#Comparison_with_other_Koenigsegg_models

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I expect Regera to do approx 25-30 seconds to 400 kph depending on how they dial in the low end. That's very quick.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah, insanely quick...I really wonder when we'll see a limit reached and then focus placed on how many Gs they can pull on a corner. Straight line acceleration is impressive, but so would cornering ability imo. I think that's where the AMG Project One and Valkyrie w ill shine.

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Imho we are already there. I've experienced being a passenger in a 918 and have driven a 720S and they both fast enough to make you feel uncomfortable. I think the 458 is the perfect Max amount of acceleration for public roads. Enough to be really fun but also not so much that you can't keep your foot down for more than 5-10 seconds.

I find these crazy acceleration numbers are fun to read but less fun in practice.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The quickest car I've ever been in is an F40 and I thought that was more than enough...felt like a go-kart on steroids with a closed cockpit.

22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Aerolithe57, TheMayor and vinuneuro like this.
  23. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    That is really cool.

24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008