360 spider jobs to do while roof out | FerrariChat

360 spider jobs to do while roof out

Discussion in '360/430' started by knocker, Sep 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Hi folks my 2001 360 spider has gone to the shop to fix fuel smell ,roof will come out ,mechanic smoked tanks seems to be coming from under lhd pump area so rollover valve replace more than likely ,I suggested fuel pump replace either side so that's done who knows lifespan of these items in a 17 year old car,Also replace belts while he's in there can anyone suggest Anything else worth doing while the tops off save me time and money later on cheers

2. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Clean all the linkages and replace with fresh grease (white lithium). Also take a look at the 2000 + micro switches to ensure those too are clean and the contacts are lined up to do their thing. Flush the fluid and ensure the rams are clean (none leaking). If wetness found around any of them I would replace now. Personally, if I was in that far I would have the rams rebuilt (there's a company that does that). Just saying!

3. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Cheers for the feed back hessank

4. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Thanks for info Hessank the rams were replaced not 7000klm ago so should be ok rest of ideas I will mention to my mechanic I do appreciate the reply any advice is great for a new guy cheers from OZ

5. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The elastics are probably on its way out for a 2001.

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Depends, if an early car you may want to consider the clutch. The early cars you had to remove the top to get to one of the bolts. Are the plenum covers weeping? Easy to do the gasket with the top out.

7. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Got a point cheers Mello we can have a look I've also got a frayed upper stretch cable probably easier to replace while top out Much to do but feel much more relaxed in the car when all done

8. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Seriously The roof comes out for the clutch wow never saw that well it's at 65% at the mo but I'll have to wear it when it looms I can't not drive the car on my days off it's way too much fun

9. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Not on all car. Only on very early Spiders.

11. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    hope your right skidkid will have to dig around for info build number upgrades ect cheers