Malibu Tranas Meet--how can they weed out "uinworthy cars?" | FerrariChat

Malibu Tranas Meet--how can they weed out "uinworthy cars?"

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bitzman, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't want to be an elitist but I drive a 120-mile round trip to go there and then, for the third time I see two Karmann-Ghias (nice cars but...I'm not driving that far to see ordinary cars that I can see anywhere.I realize the event is on public property (actually owned by the shopping center, Trancas Country Mart) so I don't know how much the organizer can do to turn ordinary cars away on this once a month event (or at least direct them to a remote lot). As I was leaving, driving South on PCH I saw three Ferraris still heading to the meet, their drivers unaware that, once they arrived, there will be no place to park in what I call the "Premium" section. I think for this to be considered a Ferrari gathering something has to be done to have 10-15 slots saved just for Ferrari....it was embarrassing I think for the Trancas event that over on Topanga canyon at Supercar Sunday there were more Ferraris and that's just a shopping center parking lot.

2. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Is it meant to be a Ferrari gathering?

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Not billed as Ferrari gathering.
    In fact the Transcas event is not "billed" at all. The Trancas event is not advertised at all, not like the one down by the baseball diamond on the seaward side of PCH, which is supported by the city of Malibu, and advertised.
    However, the Trancas event was started by Andy Cohen, founder of Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories, a Ferrari collector, and among the cognoscenti/tifosi quietly promoted to be a gathering of the most elite cars, such as 275GTB, Dino, Daytona, Enzo, Ford GT40, various SL Mercedes, Porsche 356, etc. so I am just advocating that some means be devised to have non-classic cars park in one of the lots further away, which are accessible at the next street past the center. Now that I recall, even the now discontinued Irvine show that was semi-secretly supported by Ford had a "parking director" who would direct you to park in the ordinary car lot if you didn't have something people would drive a long way to see. By the way I did buy coffee and a roll from the Trancas market when I was there so think I am therefore justified to park my non-classic commuter car in the market part of the lot as a paying customer.

4. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don't understand this thread so I will move along

tomc and Rory J like this.
  5. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    Yes, Trancas should definitely cater to your unique tastes and no one elses.

6. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    Here's an idea. Don't go.

7. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Maybe those Ferrari owners should have gotten up as early as the Ghia driver.

8. Dbone

Dbone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2005
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Trancas is for locals only - just like the surf points and that's why it's not advertised.

9. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I will have to agree with the posters here. I have now seen two posts by you whining about Trancas.

1. Wake up earlier.
    2. Go to another show.
    3. Don’t go
    4. You sound like a snob
    5. Stop whining.

GHG likes this.
  10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, you're excused, you haven't been here that long.

11. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Do you mean he has more threads whining?

12. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  13. Dbone

Dbone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2005
    Malibu
    Full Name:
    Dave
    They don't advertise. If you looked at your facebook link- you will see that is the Malibu Buffs.