512M , 43,000 miles | FerrariChat

512M , 43,000 miles

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Sep 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

To me the M example is totally forgettable and aestheticly ugly... I know harsh but they are rare and will sell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I also don´t like the 512 M, from the technic it is more than ok, but as it is written here alraedy: aesthetictly uply.
    with the testarossa they changed the rear light design so much that going back to the round ones on a TR shape is simply ugly. only me thinking?

3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I think they're dreaming on that price with that mileage. JMO

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I have seen "M's" with TR fronts for that reason ...

5. DoninDEN

DoninDEN Rookie

Jul 9, 2012
    I love the roof line slope. I agree, the price seems exorbitant. There is a 50,000 mile Grigio Titanio 575 on eBay for $79,998 with make an offer...

6. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    A 2300 mile ex-Marshal Goldman Platinum winning car just sold for $480K.

7. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Can't see any reason (other than rarity) to buy an M over a 94 512TR or an earlier one with the diff upgraded. The engine is marginally better with lighter conrods etc but why pay a massive premium to buy something which looks a lot worse? As for investment value, I would question whether rarity without desirability is a long term valuable.

Agree the pricing is way off, but as they say, asking ain't getting.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm actually an "M" fan. I know the TR is more aestheticly designed, But I think the fact that the "M" is more rare, and a bit more HP, attracts me. Plus, I do like the front end.

jjmalez likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The testarossa to get is the 512 TR - earlier testarossa have technical flaws (including small wheels and brakes) and the F512M is ugly (although I understand it's a subjective judgment) - to anybody complaining about the shift from Pininfarina to in-house styling, the F512M is the evidence that Pininfarina styling did not provide any guarantee...
    Regarding this F512M, this asked price is ludicrous - does not mean no one will pay it though, hoping for a profit based on rarity a speculator may buy it after all.

ross and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

+1

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    And this dealership doesn't exactly have a stellar reputation. But that was awhile ago. Things may have improved since then.

Joe

12. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    I love the car except for the wheels. Dreaming about the price. I guess you can ask any amount, it's what the market will dictate the final price

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I love the M, including the wheels. This one is the same exterior colour as mine, albeit with those annoying federalised side repeaters and mouse belts. It looks in good condition for its mileage. I don't know enough about the prices for the 75 official US imports, complete with plaque, to comment on the pricing, but there have been US cars that have sold for more.

M owners could say that the value of their 501 rare, highly developed, highly tuned and beautifully suspended machines, with the greatest flat V12 engine ever made, are devalued by the 9,457 Testarossas and TRs with pop up lights that preceded them...but we are too polite.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Dont get us wrong; its a great car and i think its value reflects that. Every taste is in nature but the general consensus seem to be that there are not the best design ever for a ferrari, specially in the tr history. Only speaking about aesthetics here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I like the M as well. Prefer it over the earlier 2 iterations.

16. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have never liked the M.
    it just always strikes me as a bastardization of the pureness of the 512tr shape.
    the testa had numerous flaws that were all put right in the 512tr.
    the M was just an over gilding of the lily to be able to jack up the price and get rid of the last 500 bodies, and in the process they ruined it. many of the differences look out of place; the naca ducts, the round tail lights.... the covered headlights are ok, and the wheels are ok. but neither of these is a life changing improvement over the 512tr's.
    to me it is a gimmick car. just as the 550 barchetta (i like this one tho), and the 575 superamerica are gimmicks too. the low build numbers have driven the values up, but aesthetically or engineering wise, they are not advancements or improvements. they are gimmick cars to make money out of leftovers at the end of a model run.

none of this is meant as a personal insult to the guys who have the M's. beauty and purpose are always in the eye of the beholder and divide opinion.

MM355 and turbo-joe like this.