Espada thread | Page 188 | FerrariChat

Espada thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by lambomiura, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This is Jack Riddell's old Espada. He didn't do the the engine transplant. That all happened after he sold it. But he's said many times it's very well done. But visually, that engine just doesn't fit. Perhaps turning that hump into a removable,clear window that's and treat it like the oddity that it is instead of trying to pass off Barbra Streisand as some great beauty ... It's a hot rod now. The original engine was wound a bit too high and badly blow up.

There's another Espada up for sale, a VIP model with a huge humped nose as well and I think a big hemi in it that's located in PA. I'm told it's a complete mess and they're asking a lot. This is a much better deal.

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    The block was here in Connecticut along with some other parts from the car. I was a little shocked when I saw it on a pallet. There was other parts other than that motor. I bought some of the stuff.

At of all the suggestions over the years, the one I have not heard of is the one to convert it back to the 4liter sidedraft. That would solve the horrendous hood situation.

3. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Whenever I see Gullwing I cringe

How much does the VIP edition add to value?

4. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Not nearly enough ...

From what I've heard the Barbra Streisand edition really moves and was well done ... but oh that nose ... A double bagger fur sure! ;)

5. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    Boomhauer likes this.
  6. Candide

Candide Formula 3

Apr 6, 2017
    Monaco
    Muchas Gracias !

400GT4doors likes this.
  7. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    #4683 jippiejake, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2017
  8. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  9. tautaudu02

tautaudu02 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  10. Luis A.

Luis A. Karting

Jul 14, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Seeing this on my first day driving >200 miles with my rebuilt Espada seems ominous... hate it.

11. tautaudu02

tautaudu02 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Ahah, sorry about that !

12. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
  13. tautaudu02

tautaudu02 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    You are welcome !
    Here is the translation of the text :
    "A Lamborghini crash valued 44 million.

You don't see four Lamborghini lined up everyday. The inhabitants of Zurich were quite surprised to glimpse four fast cars (valued 110.000 F or 11 million old francs each) in the city that day because of the mist. But their surprise changed into astonishment when these very thoroughbred beasts reappeared, towed by semi trailers like oxen heading towards a slaughterhouse : 44 million old francs, whose fate would be between the hands of a coachbuilder. The four drivers were driving to the set of the new James Bond movie (On Her Majesty's Secret Service) when a Beetle, who turned left, caused a massive pileup. "I didn't get scared", confessed the Volkswagen's owner; "but now I am scared... of my insurance broker." "

Maser likes this.
  14. nima mojiz

nima mojiz Karting

Mar 3, 2013
    Tehran, Iran
    Full Name:
    Nima Mojtahedzadeh
    Espada #8346 was auctioned on 21 May 2017 and sold for €82,800. As it was delivered to an Iranian dealer (Sartippour) on 09.04.71 and the article says that "The previous owner gave this Espada to the current owner around 26 years ago.", the car must have been exported out of Iran in late 80's. Do you have any additional info on this car's previous owners?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP likes this.
  15. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    It has definitely a swiss number plate exchanger, but not originally to switzerland.
    If you have the swiss Registration papers you can ask the federal bureau of Transportation about the owner history in Switzerland.

nima mojiz likes this.
  16. The car belonged for many years to Rolf Erb who declared bankruptcy in 2003. Since then the car was kept in custody. You can imagine that it wasn't the best for the car to stay around for 14 years. As far as I can remember Rolf Erb also got it repainted into that blue.

17. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    ah, it's the Erb car, can remember Pictures at Eugensberg where it was still silver, at least now identified.

18. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Was there ever a four door Espada built as a prototype? I found a rather dark
    picture of one but can't tell if it's a Bertone press release (not the usual label) and can't tell if it matches Gandini's drawing style.
    Looks like it would have been easier ingress/egress but I know four door exotics are hard to pull off gracefully. Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    http://www.lambocars.com/prototypes/frua_faena.html

20. jefbuel

jefbuel Karting

Nov 1, 2007
    Belgium
  21. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  22. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    i thought i might share this PM with you which i hope will clear up any confusion with buying our special deal on the sets of XWX on the French web site https://www.longstonetires.fr/pneu-voiture-collection/lamborghini/espada.html

Hopefully it will clear up some interpretation issues

on the french site...
    what is .....
    ht $ price
    tcc $ price
    shipping costs to calif?

Hi

HT $ "price" is the standard price, pre tax.

TTC $ "price" is the price including British VAT (Value Added Tax (or as i like to call it Vodka And Tonic)) which is only applied when the tyres are shipped withing the EU

Shipping to California is free.

If you follow through the buying on line process, you will notice that the VAT is taken off when you put a country outside the EU in the country box and there is no shipping. So if you buy these online it will cost you the HT price straight.

They will take about a week to get to your address

Dougal.

23. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Forgive me if this has been posted at some point in this or another Lamborghini thread. This commercial used to play in Detroit all the time in the 80s........for those that haven't seen it, I thought you'd enjoy.

jippiejake, Maser and CK7684 like this.
  24. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Is this F-Chat member still around?