330 GTC No more...... | FerrariChat

330 GTC No more......

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by tritone, Jul 16, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  2. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    car looks really beautifully made but i will never understand why this is done. it will never give the same feeling to the owner as the real thing does.

3. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    One can only assume that the donor was a badly damaged one, and the result is not a replica, nor does it pretend to be any such thing. I think it's a really cool car, it should be a lot lighter than the GTC it once was too, so it should be really fast.

I like it!

4. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    The history does mention damage by fire so this probably initiated this rebuild

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Not a Ferrari. Might have some decent Ferrari parts left in it, so it has to be worth something.

I'd offer value of Ferrari parts less anticipated labor to remove them from this hulk.

Who built it? Interesting that the ad does not say, no?

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Offered both by Sheehan and Fantasy Junction?

7. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    They have co-listed some cars before; did so with my 550.

8. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Right. Even if a precious 330 GTC was burned, it should be possible to restore it. Now this car is just nothing. Just a V12 with some original parts left.

9. F1Austin

F1Austin Karting

Apr 29, 2012
    Near Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Pat Welch
    chose that body should have studied up on a Ferrari book for another hour or two.I could see a GTO 64 but ,,Vignale?,who cares,of course its for sale,a six carb 330 motor is only good from 110mph to 155mph,total laffer

10. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Eh, its an interesting exercise, probably a blast to drive and certainly unique-I'd hardly call it "nothing". I would have left the Ferrari badge off of the nose and fabbed up the shop logo into a badge of some sort though.

11. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    I'm very familiar with this car. It was done done by McCabe Automotive in Mundelien, Illinois. The orginal 330 GTC was destroyed in a fire. Locally, this recreation was know as the "char car."

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Agree.

13. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Fires don't usually leave much of a car ,wonder if it was in a fire or a motor fire? Would the nice to see pics of the burned GTC to just how bad it was..