Nart 365 Gt Spyder [ wow ] | FerrariChat

Nart 365 Gt Spyder [ wow ]

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Wheels1, Jul 30, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #1 Wheels1, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Coys have/ had listed this car, wow it's ugly [just my impression]
    Info from their web-site below

1969 Ferrari 365 GT Nart Spyder
    Chassis Number: 12605
    Engine number: 245

Offered here is one of the only two cars to have ever been produced, built by Carrozzeria Autosport of Bachelli & Villa in Bastiglia near Modena to a design of Luigi Chinetti Junior.

Nart stands for North American Racing Team, and was created by Luigi Chinetti to promote the Ferrari marque in America through success in Gran Turismo (endurance) motorsport.

It was created in 1958 when Chinetti received backing from wealthy racers George Arents and Jan de Vroom. Ferrari already had a close relationship with Chinetti due to his success in selling the maker's road cars in the important American markets, and thus NART received a continuous line of excellent Ferrari racers.

This is a very original car, with great condition leather seats and interior, given that it is such a low mileage car, at only 3,800km.
    Powered by Ferraris 340hp, 4,390cc twin overhead cam all-alloy V12 with triple Weber downdraft twin choke carburetors, five-speed manual gearbox, four-wheel independent suspension and four-wheel disc brakes.
    This car has been in Germany for a number of years, and now takes a prominent place in our showroom in Richmond.

This car is in original condition and would make a great investment, given the rarity of this car.

Due to the rare nature of this car, and the importance of it in Ferraris timeline, the car has been hand crafted in model form, in 1/43 scale.

This car has been used at the 10th Modena Motorsport track day. This car would make a very important addition to an existing collection, or could also be used as a frequent driver as it runs and drives absolutely beautifully.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui_eOEifAoQ]Auto Motor und Sport - Ferrari 365 GT NART Spyder - YouTube[/ame]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I thought that car was red last time around? Or are there two of those?

3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    That's what it says in the video.

4. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
  5. Flinch

Flinch Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2009
    Holland and Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter El Cheapo
    Wasn't this car up for auction at the german TechnoClassica in 2013? I must have some pictures of it...

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Three.

7. 275gt

275gt Rookie

Dec 26, 2005
    The video says only two were ever built - I'm not surprised, It is unbelievably ugly!
    Is there some confusion in the video? There were 10 of the ORIGINAL 275GTB/4 NART, which were built by Scaglietti in Italy on his production line at the request of Luigi Chinetti (senior). This 365 was converted in Italy according to the advert but, perhaps, America according to the video. The video claims a 4.5 litre engine but the advert more correctly puts it at 4390cc. Or am I just being picky because I don't like it.