Octane magazine P4 replica. | FerrariChat

Octane magazine P4 replica.

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by gt4me, Apr 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    #1 gt4me, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    I saw the teaser in this months edition and wondered who built it/where it is.

3. Vincent Vangool

Vincent Vangool Formula 3

Oct 6, 2007
    Zanskar, Kargil district, Ladakh, India
    Full Name:
    Vincent Vangool
    Does it have details on the motor?

Who built it?

Thanks.

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    RM Wilson Engineering there was another piece on them on Petrolicious (same photographer I think) This Garage You've Never Heard of Works on the Rarest Cars | Petrolicious

Octane article is slightly confusing on the engine, says it is a 365 engine but also says it's 4.8 litres implying it could be 400 based?

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Iirc price is $1.1m

6. Vincent Vangool

Oct 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Vincent Vangool
    How is this different then a Norwood?

Seems like a similar beast.

7. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    This car is very very accurate apart from the engine & gearbox. The main difference is that the build quality is better than original. I've seen it in progress from the mid 80's onwards. Even the special tubular radiator was originally replicated though I'm not sure if that's what it's running now. The engine is a modified 400.

8. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Not even close to the same thing. This particular car is a very very faithful and accurate reproduction of a P4 in every way. I've seen numerous detail photographs and as noted above, excepting that the craftsmanship of the parts is actually better than the originals it is truly a "tool room" recreation that is as faithful to the P4 as possible.

A Norwood is a car that sorta looks like a P4, but when looked at with any care at all fails miserably at being a decent representation of a P4. Look at the doors of a Norwood and the way the air inlets flow up into the cowl, totally wrong on every Norwood I've seen. The center bodywork is too low, it looks like someone sat an elephant in middle of it. The chassis of the Norwoods that I have seen is in no way related to a P4 or any P car for that matter. I could go on and on, but Norwoods aren't recreations of anything, they are simply a newly built car that sorta looks like a P4.

Folks here will pick apart every GTO replica as being not even close to being what a real GTO looks like, but the Norwood cars are even worse and I frankly just don't get it.

JMHO but I would be embarrassed to own a Norwood, to me at least they are almost as bad as a 240Z GTO replica.

9. Vincent Vangool

Oct 6, 2007
    Full Name:
    Vincent Vangool
    Thanks for the explanation. Would love to see some detailed pics of this car if possible.

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    This repro is gorgeous. Really really gorgeous. Not to compare it to a Norwood which is more of a kit car IMO. Too bad this one cost $1M+..

11. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    It does look beautiful in the photos.