Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Rocky Mountain - Sponsored by Ferrari of Denver

Reply
 
Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Karting
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 58
Boise 430's Anyone out there

Out in boise from NYC for a while and brought my F430. Any meets or any other ferrari guys out here?
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Stackhouse's Avatar
F1 Rookie
Consultant
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IN YOUR TRUNK
Full Name: CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
Posts: 4,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Ivey View Post
Out in boise from NYC for a while and brought my F430. Any meets or any other ferrari guys out here?
Im sure there are a few owners out that way, not sure if they get together though.

If you make it to Salt Lake give us a holla!

Cheers!

__________________
Give Me A Break... I Told You, I Tripped and Landed In A Lifeboat !!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Idaho
Full Name: Andrew
Posts: 2,515
Don't think anyone from Boise regularly posts on here, aside from myself and Boiseferrari, but we aren't owners.

We used to have an Italian Car Show around this time each year but to my knowledge one hasn't happened for two or three years.

If you are interested in getting together and watching F1 or talking Ferrari let me know. There are also some great places for spirited drives in this area.

Last edited by Gran Drewismo; 10-24-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
S Brake's Avatar
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portlandia
Full Name: Dave
Posts: 16,196
I occasionally work in Boise, the only Ferrari I've seen there is a 360.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Karting
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caplax40 View Post
Don't think anyone from Boise regularly posts on here, aside from myself and Boiseferrari, but we aren't owners.

We used to have an Italian Car Show around this time each year but to my knowledge one hasn't happened for two or three years.

If you are interested in getting together and watching F1 or talking Ferrari let me know. There are also some great places for spirited drives in this area.
huge f1 fan even though we always seemed to get trashed. And i was with my father above the road a ways passed idaho city and that was epic that was like an f1 course in its self. would love to hear about any other great drives with a low cop presence. or if you guys want to check out the car let me know 2005 430 coupe f1 black on black scuderia rims lower to scuderia hight. Scuderia stereo and have all the scuderia body front bumper sides skirts rear bumper just waiting to get painted and fitted. so then she will be looking pretty cool. hit me up any time. Bored out of my mind here coming from nyc

Last edited by Phil Ivey; 10-26-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Idaho
Full Name: Andrew
Posts: 2,515
Phil,

What brings you out this way?

One drive that us locals do is called "The Lowman Loop"

If you went up near Idaho City you hit part of it.

From Boise, you go in the order of Idaho City, Lowman, Crouch, Banks, Horseshoe Bend, and then back to Boise. Round trip takes about two hours and is some awesome road and scenery. Police and state trooper presence is usually extremely low. Those towns are tiny and have small police departments. Plus, a large portion of the drive offers long stretches with excellent visibility so you can check if the coast is clear.

Sounds like a great car, would love to check it out sometime!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Karting
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caplax40 View Post
Phil,

What brings you out this way?

One drive that us locals do is called "The Lowman Loop"

If you went up near Idaho City you hit part of it.

From Boise, you go in the order of Idaho City, Lowman, Crouch, Banks, Horseshoe Bend, and then back to Boise. Round trip takes about two hours and is some awesome road and scenery. Police and state trooper presence is usually extremely low. Those towns are tiny and have small police departments. Plus, a large portion of the drive offers long stretches with excellent visibility so you can check if the coast is clear.

Sounds like a great car, would love to check it out sometime!
lost my job out in nyc. so i figured to come see my parents for a while.might move to vegas or oc in cali where i grew up. who knows at this point. at least the unemployment covers my car payment))))) very happy about that. any time you want to see the car let me know. i dont do anything around here so always available . me and my father are going to take that route you suggested this coming week.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-20-2011, 12:12 AM
jlonmark's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Full Name: Jay
Posts: 1,879
Phil

Phil Ivey the poker player? If so you cost my dad the tournament win and therefore I only have a 360 and not a 430! Lol. I come to Boise to see some buddies, but I've never seen a F car there
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 02-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boise, Id.
Full Name: Kriss
Posts: 1,029
There aren't very many Ferrari's in Boise. When I first moved here in '05 I saw a Azzuro California 550 but the owner wasn't very friendly. There was a 430 Scuderia in Idaho Falls but I believe that is sold. Surprisingly there are 4 Bentley Continentals. 2 coupes, 1 CGT and a Flying Spur.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-20-2012, 04:56 PM
S Brake's Avatar
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portlandia
Full Name: Dave
Posts: 16,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseferrari View Post
There aren't very many Ferrari's in Boise. When I first moved here in '05 I saw a Azzuro California 550 but the owner wasn't very friendly. There was a 430 Scuderia in Idaho Falls but I believe that is sold. Surprisingly there are 4 Bentley Continentals. 2 coupes, 1 CGT and a Flying Spur.
I believe I saw that same Scuderia at Miller Motorsports Park. He was there with a ZR1 as well.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utah, USA
Full Name: Travis
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Brake View Post
I believe I saw that same Scuderia at Miller Motorsports Park. He was there with a ZR1 as well.
I think you're right.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boise, Id.
Full Name: Kriss
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Brake View Post
I believe I saw that same Scuderia at Miller Motorsports Park. He was there with a ZR1 as well.
It would be interesting to know who owns(ed) it. I lived in Idaho Falls for 18 years and the only native Ferrari I ever saw there was the Testarossa that the gentleman who owned Farr's candy company had. That was 20 years ago and he was in his upper 70's then.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington State
Full Name: Brown M. Maloney
Posts: 63
Arriving in Boise in about 10 days with our F-car. Looking for storage for about one month. Any ideas, please let me know.

More than happy to pay the going rate. Even a recommendation at a "storage facility" where you lock and go would be fine.

Car is presently at Steve Harris Imports (SLC) for a service. Working our way back to the Pacific Northwest.

PM me with any ideas - or - maloney@olypen.com

Thank you !

Last edited by Northwest 550; 05-07-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Idaho
Full Name: Andrew
Posts: 2,515
PM'd
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.