Utah Spotters Thread | FerrariChat

Utah Spotters Thread

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by dysko, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I figured it would be good to give Utah a thread on this as well. Since, the other thread is Colorado-centric.

Now to start it off...

Last night I saw a nice Blue Lambo Countache at the Gateway shopping center. It was just being picked up from the valet.

2. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Logan-

This is within the past few weeks.

Driving on cliffside I noticed a red Maserati Grandsport in a garage.
    Driving down Logan Mainstreet and saw a blue Maserati Grandsport.
    Red 550 Maranello driving down Main street.

Funny thing is, I've seen more exotic cars in Logan than I have seen in Salt Lake or the rest of Utah combined. The Miller Motorsports park had a hell of a showing including a porsche carrera gt.

In Logan within the Past year and a half I've seen-

Enzo
    F50
    F40
    F430
    GTO
    Stradale
    Rolls Royce Phantom
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Bentley Gt
    Aston Martin Vanquish

3. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Leaving Steve Harris, went east on I-80 heading towards Park City, Utah plates.

Also, a Grey 612 Scaglietti on 700 East heading south at 7200 South.

4. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley

Was the enzo that you saw Black? If it was, I saw the owner's grey 430 spyder yesterday in Park City.

5. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    How many enzo's does Utah have?

There is one in each

1. Provo
    2. Park City
    3. Logan (Which has one of the greatest ferrari collections in America)

What about F50's?

I know there is one in Logan.

I've personally seen the Enzo in Logan, and the MM Enzo at valet parking leaving a jazz game a couple of months ago.

6. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    I must not be driving around Logan at the right times, because I've never seen that many exotics! Sometimes I drive up Cliffside on a Saturday or Sunday evening to see if I can spot anything.

In Logan I've seen the Rolls (14th north), Maserati (twice on Main), and a red Modena (Cliffside). I thought it was a regular 360, but maybe it was the same CS you saw Dave? I also saw a Diablo a few years ago up Cliffside.

7. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Yes, that was the one.

8. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    That belongs to Richard Losee. He lives in Utah County. This is not a secret as his car has been in Road and Track, and they used it for a few road trips as a "long term test" car. And there are about 4 to 5 Enzo's in Utah. When you have no vices you can afford the better things.

9. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Yoda,

The best chance to see an exotic would be on airport road. Or you could try the quailbluff area. That is where 4 separate exotic car owners live. The Murcie, Aston, Rolls, and Bentley were/are owned by the same person.

This same "person" gave rides out to 5 lucky USU business students in his ferrari's. I wish I could take a picture of his garage, it would beat anything I've ever seen on the F-chat or the rest of the net. I would have to say the F50 or Phantom had the biggest impact on me.

One of the Logan ferrari owners lost his ferrari by going way over the speed limit. No questions asked, the police had it towed away.

Yoda, do your family members who own exotics live in Cache Valley?

10. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Saw an Elise (blue) on I-80 on my way to the airport this morning at 5:30.

Utah has 4 Enzos... there are two red ones (Logan, Utah County), a black one (Park City) and a Silver one (Park City). There was rumored to be a 5th one, but no one can really confirm it, so odds are it was just passing through.

11. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Dang, when I was a USU business student I never got a ride. I'm pretty sure we're thinking of the same person. I know a few of the managers who work for him but I have never seen his collection. No family with exotics in UT, but I do have some family out-of-state with some.

Not bad for Utah!

12. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    There is usually one of these parked at about 1500 So State in Salt Lake.

13. Skiutah

Skiutah Karting

Jan 31, 2006
    Park City / DC
    Full Name:
    Matthew Ainsley
    Are you sure that the silver one is in Park City? I know the black one is here, but I thought the silver one lived in Provo.

14. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    There was a red Enzo at Steve Harris not too long ago.

I saw a yellow F430 in the Avenues not too long ago.

A red 308 in Draper.

A friend of mine north of here owns a 308GTB and a Dino 308GT/4 2+2.

A yellow 348 Challenge at Prestige Imports.

Does anybody on this board in Utah own a Ferrari, or know the people who own them? If so, send me a PM. I started the Italian Motor Club of Utah with a friend, we want you to join us! And, I'm doing a car show in August, we want you to join us there too! The Alfa and Fiat turnout will be great, but I'm worried about the Ferrari and Maserati turnout. Any help is greatly appreciated! Can anybody get me in touch with Richard Losee, etc?

15. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave

Yes,

When I spoke with the owner of the silver one. He said he brought it to his house in PC to drive the Utah Mountain Roads and track it at Miller Motorsports Park.

Only a red one in Provo.

16. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    Does anybody know the guy in Logan with all the Ferraris? I've heard about him from people at Steve Harris.

17. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    I know of him and know some of the managers that work for him. He's pretty private (and busy) and I don't think I've ever seen any of his cars at any shows or events before. Losee gets his cars out and about, how many miles on his Enzo now?

18. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    I was talking to somebody at Steve Harris, they said somebody in Utah has an Enzo with 50,000 or something, so maybe it's Losee? Does anybody here know him? I'd love to see the Enzo at the show.

19. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave

That Enzo will most likely be in California at the time your show is happening.

However, that is Losse's enzo and it "only" has 31,000 miles on it.

20. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    I saw a red Enzo at Steve Harris. It had a personalised plate (which I won't post here) and some race decals (the number 12) on the doors.

21. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave

you mean "MM Enzo" was in today. That plate was in a Car & Driver article or two... referenced by the owner.

As far as knowing the guy in Logan... I do have access to him. Are you wanting to see if he will send a car or two to your show?

22. 105Alfa

105Alfa Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Full Name:
    Ronan
    Yeah, MM ENZO. Does MM stand for Mille Miglia?

Here's a picture I took of it-

[​IMG]

And, yes, I'd like to see if he's interested in the car show. Thanks.

23. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    He drove the California Mille Miglia. And it was in Road & Track not C/D. But yes that is Richard's and he won't be in town. That is when the Pebble Beach Concours is on, so he'll be there. Bummer.

24. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
  25. DaveJ13

DaveJ13 Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    My brother saw a porsche carrera gt in St. George.