The Utah Eatery Thread | FerrariChat

The Utah Eatery Thread

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by S Brake, Mar 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm always looking for new places to try so I figured we could have this thread as sort of a spotters thread for restaurants. I'm hoping that some of you guys know of a good place to get wings, I got hooked on Wing Stop in Texas and nothing I've had in Utah can compete.

Some of my favorite places to eat:
    Zupas - Ultimate grilled cheese and Tomato basil soup
    Chipotle
    Five Guys
    Ripples
    Magleby's Fresh
    India Palace

2. desotodave

desotodave Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bruges, downtown next to Granatos for Real Belgium Waffles
    Pats Barbeque, for unreal RIBS 155 W. Commonwealth ave, slc
    Cafe Trang
    Chefs Table (Provo)
    Alpine Country Club (their chefs table presentation is out of this world)
    Maddox (Brigham City) Steak and chicken

3. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Sonora Grill in Ogden, won best Mexican restaurant in UT 2010.

4. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I like Sonora Grill, but I'd rather go to El Matador in Ogden. :) La Cantina in Park City is good, too. Also, for good homestyle food, try Karen's on 25th & Lincoln. Best pizza anywhere is at Brewski's. S Brake, my buddy loves the wings at Brewski's, but I haven't tried them yet. Has anybody tried Wing Nuts?

Desotodave, did Cafe Trang move? I haven't been there since it was next to Steve Harris Imports.

Burger wise, my wife and I love a good Crown Burger. :) We don't get out to any really nice places on account of our schedules, but it would be nice to some day.

5. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I had wing nuts on Friday and wasn't impressed. They were skimpy on the buffalo sauce and the chicken was dry. This is probably because they bake their wings.

6. x19er

x19er Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Pleasant View, UT
    Full Name:
    John Lagerquist
    I like Zucca Trattoria for pizza ( http://www.myzucca.com/ ). It's probably the closest to what I have had in Milan.

Jasoh downtown Ogden has a good filet mignon with killer garlic mashed potatoes.

I have yet to find good wings in Utah.

7. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Zucca Trattoria is nearly in walking distance to me, yet I've never heard of it. :) My wife has, so we're going to try it out this week.

8. desotodave

desotodave Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah, they are now just one block south of the Delta Center on 3rd West and 2nd south. They also have a location in Draper 1442 Draper Pkwy. Although the new location is much nicer, I miss going next door and browsing while waiting for the food!!!

9. desotodave

desotodave Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    For authentic Italian Pizza go to Sette Bello http://settebello.net/
    I think they are only one of just a few restaurants in the US that are certified Italian pizza places. It is cool to watch them bake the pizza, it only takes about 60 seconds!

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Can't forget L&Ls for authentic hawaiian food.

11. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    Moochies Meatballs is on 8th south east of State. Joanna Rendi is from Philly and so she does cheesesteaks, but also a Reuben-ish thing on a nice big white bread roll. Italian sandwiches and such. Good sloppy stuff.

12. desotodave

desotodave Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I also forgot Les Parisiens on 5th south and about 2nd east for out of this world French Pastries. Try their specialty it is called the Kouming Aman (spelling). They limit you to only 4 or 6 a day unless you order 3 days in advance. It really is that good!!!

13. Hexnut72

Hexnut72 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2006
    #13 Hexnut72, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    Aristos for Greek food. It is just down the hill from the U. 224 South 1300 East, Salt Lake City
    Bombay House in Provo for Indian (I am sure the one in SLC is just as good) 463 N University Ave, Provo or 2731 E Parley's Way, Salt Lake City
    The Pie for pizza. I love the Greek Pizza there (I guess I have a thing for Greek food) There is one on 200 south in SLC just down from the U, one on Ft. Union, and one on Redwood and 104000 S.

Good BBQ and Wings are hard to find in Utah. I don't think we (as a state) get what real BBQ is about. That and there are no hardwood trees to use for fuel...

Q4U is my favorite BBQ place. 3951 West 5400 South, Kearns

If you are in American Fork there is a Wing place on 5th east behind Parkers Drive In. I have not been there, but they have been there a while so they may be good.

14. x19er

x19er Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Pleasant View, UT
    Full Name:
    John Lagerquist
    I am going to try this one, thanks!

15. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Rocky Mountain Wingshak. I went there last week and while they were the best wings I've had in Utah, they still weren't all that great.

16. Hexnut72

Hexnut72 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2006
    #16 Hexnut72, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    So this thread made me hungry. I went to Q4U on Saturday and it sucked. I don't know what happened. It has been several years since I have been there and it is not what I remembered. Last time I went they were in a different location and I loved it. This time it was less than mediocre BBQ. I don't mind going to a hole in the wall if the food is amazing but this time it was just a hole in the wall with bad food. I am taking them off my list.

Rocky Mountain - that is what I was thinking of S Brake. Thanks for the report.

17. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    Any time I'm back in town (Ogden) I have to stop at Andy's...:D (Greek)

18. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    Andy's is awesome!

19. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Dave,

I tried to find this place this weekend, but couldn't. Is it near the SLC Lib?

Cheers,
    GREG

20. rovingardener

rovingardener Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D
    #20 rovingardener, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  21. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Greg
    CRAP I saw that place, but..........wrong name.

Next time!

Thanks,
    GREG

22. desotodave

desotodave Karting

Feb 25, 2008
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sorry Greg!!! I have been twice, but was more concerned witht he pastries than the name! Hope you were down for something fun!

23. joshish

joshish Rookie

Mar 24, 2010
    A couple of my favorites.

Chanon Thai (278 East 900 South SLC) - best Thai in town, but usually a wait.

Tasty Thia - (1302 South 500 East) as they named it, tasty thai: good prices, and no wait... though it has been getting busier recently.

O'Falafel Etc (2100 S. 790 East) - the best Falafel in town and other tasty middle eastern food.

Pago (9th & 9th) - great local food, sensibly priced brunch. a nice place for a nice meal.

Tin Angel (365 West 400 South) - Nice ambiance, eclectic menu and surroundings.

Carluccis Bakery (3rd S & 3rd W, next to Caputos) - Great sandwiches for lunch if you are in the mood for something lighter then Caputos sometime's overdone sandwiches.

Still on the search for a great burrito in SLC. One that you can pick up and eat like a burrito is suppose to be eaten.

24. x19er

x19er Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Pleasant View, UT
    Full Name:
    John Lagerquist
    joshish,

Thanks, I have been searching for good Thai!

John

25. 2Low4

2Low4 Rookie

Jun 17, 2009
    If you're heading out to the track or just doing a nice scenic drive south on 36 from Tooele.

Sostanzas in Tooele is nice and has cocktails.

Stockton Miners Cafe in Stockton has great steaks.