Boise 430's Anyone out there | FerrariChat

Boise 430's Anyone out there

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Phil Ivey, Oct 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phil Ivey

Phil Ivey Karting
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2010
    Out in boise from NYC for a while and brought my F430. Any meets or any other ferrari guys out here?

2. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Im sure there are a few owners out that way, not sure if they get together though.

If you make it to Salt Lake give us a holla!

Cheers!

:)

3. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #3 Gran Drewismo, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
    Don't think anyone from Boise regularly posts on here, aside from myself and Boiseferrari, but we aren't owners.

We used to have an Italian Car Show around this time each year but to my knowledge one hasn't happened for two or three years.

If you are interested in getting together and watching F1 or talking Ferrari let me know. There are also some great places for spirited drives in this area.

4. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I occasionally work in Boise, the only Ferrari I've seen there is a 360.

5. Phil Ivey

Phil Ivey Karting
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2010
    #5 Phil Ivey, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    huge f1 fan even though we always seemed to get trashed. And i was with my father above the road a ways passed idaho city and that was epic that was like an f1 course in its self. would love to hear about any other great drives with a low cop presence. or if you guys want to check out the car let me know 2005 430 coupe f1 black on black scuderia rims lower to scuderia hight. Scuderia stereo and have all the scuderia body front bumper sides skirts rear bumper just waiting to get painted and fitted. so then she will be looking pretty cool. hit me up any time. Bored out of my mind here coming from nyc

6. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Phil,

What brings you out this way?

One drive that us locals do is called "The Lowman Loop"

If you went up near Idaho City you hit part of it.

From Boise, you go in the order of Idaho City, Lowman, Crouch, Banks, Horseshoe Bend, and then back to Boise. Round trip takes about two hours and is some awesome road and scenery. Police and state trooper presence is usually extremely low. Those towns are tiny and have small police departments. Plus, a large portion of the drive offers long stretches with excellent visibility so you can check if the coast is clear.

Sounds like a great car, would love to check it out sometime!

7. Phil Ivey

Phil Ivey Karting
    BANNED

Oct 19, 2010
    lost my job out in nyc. so i figured to come see my parents for a while.might move to vegas or oc in cali where i grew up. who knows at this point. at least the unemployment covers my car payment))))) very happy about that. any time you want to see the car let me know. i dont do anything around here so always available . me and my father are going to take that route you suggested this coming week.

8. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Phil Ivey the poker player? If so you cost my dad the tournament win and therefore I only have a 360 and not a 430! Lol. I come to Boise to see some buddies, but I've never seen a F car there

9. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    There aren't very many Ferrari's in Boise. When I first moved here in '05 I saw a Azzuro California 550 but the owner wasn't very friendly. There was a 430 Scuderia in Idaho Falls but I believe that is sold. Surprisingly there are 4 Bentley Continentals. 2 coupes, 1 CGT and a Flying Spur.

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I believe I saw that same Scuderia at Miller Motorsports Park. He was there with a ZR1 as well.

11. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    I think you're right.

12. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    It would be interesting to know who owns(ed) it. I lived in Idaho Falls for 18 years and the only native Ferrari I ever saw there was the Testarossa that the gentleman who owned Farr's candy company had. That was 20 years ago and he was in his upper 70's then.

13. Northwest 550

Northwest 550 Karting

May 20, 2009
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Brown M. Maloney
    #13 Northwest 550, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    Arriving in Boise in about 10 days with our F-car. Looking for storage for about one month. Any ideas, please let me know.

More than happy to pay the going rate. Even a recommendation at a "storage facility" where you lock and go would be fine.

Car is presently at Steve Harris Imports (SLC) for a service. Working our way back to the Pacific Northwest.

PM me with any ideas - or - [email protected]

Thank you !

14. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew