Denver / Englewood hotel advice | FerrariChat

Denver / Englewood hotel advice

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Jedi, Sep 21, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Colorado folks,

I am flying down to Englewood for a concert at The Gothic Theater on October 17th.
    Of course, I'm flying into Denver. I'm looking for advice on where to stay in the area.
    I'd like to be in a decent hotel close to Englewood, but I'm not seeing much in Englewood
    on Hotels.com - also need to know if parking a rental car near the Gothic Theater is
    a wise idea LOL or if taking a cab a few miles from the hotel would be better...

Concert is October 17th at 8:30 PM

Thanks for any advice... any F-Chatters want to meet up the afternoon of the 17th? I
    get in to DEN at about 1:00 with nothing going on until the concert....

Jedi

2. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I have stayed at the Marriott in Cherry Creek and it was fine. Very friendly staff.

3. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No locals to comment? Surely someone in the Englewood area can chime in?

Thanks!

Jedi

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    If no one else responds and you stay in Cherry Creek, does that mean I get a finders fee? :)

5. Ag N Au

Ag N Au Rookie

Feb 11, 2009
    CHV, CO
    Nothing really in the area, unless you are fine with some rather questionable establishments. I would consider something downtown, basically north of the Gothic (6 miles). My choice would be the Four Seasons.

6. AlanWard

AlanWard Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2010
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alan Ward
    Hotel Monaco in downtown Denver. Small chain (Kimpton), good service.

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You regularly pay $500 to $700 for a hotel room to see a $39 concert?

:D:D

But thanks for the suggestion :)

And to the others.

Jedi

8. Matt550

Matt550 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Littleton Colorado
    Full Name:
    Matt M.
    Nothing really close to that area. I believe there is a Marriott about 6-10 miles south. On Hampden and Wadsworth. There are a few hotels in that area. Nothing special. There is a bunch of hotels off of I25 and Belleview, not to far from the Gothic. 10-15 minutes

9. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    You're going to see Tricky? Thanks, now I've got the baseline from Christiansands stuck in my head! :)

10. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #10 PhilNotHill, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    We stay at Hyatt Place in south Denver (Lone Tree) 303 662-8500 near FoD and walking distance from Park Meadows mega shopping mall. not expensive and good breakfast. many good places to eat at the mall and around the area.

Assume you are renting a car.

You are from Seattle. Great seafood. Think you would be disappointed in downtown Denver.

If you want something mountainy stay at the Comfort Suites 303 526-2000 in Evergreen right off of I-70. about 30 minutes to Englewood. You will be at 8000 ft and will have a mountain experience. El Rancho restaurant is next door. Get a room in back facing away from I-70 so you don't hear the trucks all night. the rooms are suites and not expensive. I lived in Evergreen for a few years. It may snow. rent a 4wd just in case.

It could snow in Dever as well. be prepared. I grew up there. remember it snowing on Labor Day when I was in Jr. High.

11. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Well, think about it, if we're local, we're staying in our own nice, warm beds, not hotels, right? :)

Before we moved here, stayed at the Element in Lone Tree and really liked it.

Also, I found your comment about the hotel cost vs. ticket price funny, as, you are paying presumably several hundred to fly to a $39 concert. ;)

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alan, you have a PM. Sorry for the WOB.