Auto Transport | FerrariChat

Auto Transport

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by THE RED MENACE, Nov 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Does anyone know of a single car enclosed transport company in Colorado. I live in Nebraska and my 550 coolant hoses failed and the car is sitting lifeless in my garage. I need to send it to Dave in Boulder. Because of where the car is located, somewhat long driveway and the location of the garage the big trucks can't get to it because they can't get turned around. I can't drive the car, so I need a smaller trailer to come and get it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Try Gary Straight. 970-227-0237 I believe Gary has a variety of different haulers. He has moved many very special cars for us with good service and no problems.

3. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Call Ferrari of Denver. I've received great service and prices from them for years. Jody is awesome with shipping and knows how to ship cars. Jody is their driver.

4. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I have heard good things about Ferrari of Denver, and for most things not hesitate at all sending the car there, but since my coolant hoses failed I would like to have them replaced with the hoses that Dave Helms sells and installs. The people who I have talked with have said that once you have replaced them with his stuff, you never have to worry about them again. I'm not sure, but I doubt Ferrari of Denver would real excited if I asked them to use products from Dave, or I doubt they would pickup my car and deliver it to Dave:)

5. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    i've seen western auto transport right by my work has a single car enclosed trailer. not sure if they are good or not.

6. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I called them today and they told me that they only had 6 car trucks. Maybe I will call them back because I have really hit a wall. I have not found anyone who has a single carrier.

7. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Bought my hoses from Dave as well and replaced them all as well. If Dave is too booked you can always buy the hoses from him and have FoD install them.

Just giving you suggestions :) They have transport if you need it and at least you can be confident they know how to ship a Ferrari and not just wrecked Toyotas. Good Luck!

8. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    what a bunch of liars! they have a single car trailer, i see it everyday. it has a F430 painted on the rear

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I did get in touch with someone else today, and yes they do have a single enclosed trailer, we are working on a schedule. Thank you for bringing it to my attention or I would never have contacted them again.

10. MichaelB145

MichaelB145 Karting

Apr 22, 2010
    at the Man Cave
    Full Name:
    Michael Bergren
    Try giving Leroy Koop with Custom Car Carriage a call at 303-880-3838. He has been in the transport business for 30plus years and deals with exotics all the time. He is located in Lakewood and does all the transport for both Man Cave Detail locations.

Michael Bergren

11. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    +1 Very good reputation

12. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dave worked at FoD for a long time and they maintain a great relationship. FoD can obtain and install SI's hoses, connector kits etc.

Talk to Marc Lancaster in service. I will be there tomorrow dropping of toys for the Toy Drive so let me know if I can help.

Cheers

13. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    One other note - Ricambi actually distributes SRI's hoses as well so FoD can simply order them from Ricambi and install them. Dave gets the money, FoD gets dealer pricing from Ricambi and off you go - Cheers :)