Tow Truck for lowered sports car | FerrariChat

Tow Truck for lowered sports car

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by 550orm5, Sep 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550orm5

550orm5 Rookie

May 15, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hey guys,

I need a local tow truck to move my hot rod out of a body shop its at. Its a long story but its at a body shop outside of Denver in Thornton, Colorado. It has a really low front end so I need a flat bed, but also someone who is very careful and knows how to load a sports car. Its a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am "pro-touring" on lowered suspension. Makes 980 rwhp and runs and drives no problem. This body shop was doing a wide-body kit for me and has basically done next to nothing over the past 2 years! I am beyond frustrated....not to mention I have paid him $15,000 already with nothing to show for it. Lawyers will be involved after I get my car back.

Thanks in advance.

-Peter

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The trick to getting a car with a low front lip on a flat bed is to have the front wheels of the car "climb" a timber before the front lip reaches the inclined ramp of the truck, thereby angling the front of the car up enough so that the lip will not scrape the flat bed surface. Most tow truck drivers are familiar with this technique, but ask beforehand. The critical factor is having a timber thick enough to raise the lip enough to avoid striking the inclined ramp.

3. IAmNotCasey

IAmNotCasey Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2014
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Casey Duncan
    He's been mentioned before here by others, I would highly recommend Jody of JETS. He has an enclosed trailer and transports exotics all over. Generally he does longer distance hauls but he's worth a call regardless imo (806) 220-3039

4. 550orm5

550orm5 Rookie

May 15, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #4 550orm5, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Energy88 and IAmNotCasey...thank you both! It has been awhile since I needed to tow this car...once you own a modified car long enough you will have to decide whether to tow it or drive it. In this case towing it was safer than driving it home. Appreciate it.
    Here is the engine in it:)

Makes me forget about the body shop hassles I have had.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login