Ferrari's and front range property, 1st world problems and woes of minor proportions | FerrariChat

Ferrari's and front range property, 1st world problems and woes of minor proportions

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by JaguarXJ6, May 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Hi fellow Coloradans, I'm here to ask for a bit of advice on two related topics.

Topic #1
    ----------

The real estate threads are very old and I am scouring MLS for a front range primary home.

Does anyone have an agent they can recommend with experience skewed towards Coal Creek, Pinecliffe, Nederland, Rollinsville, Black Hawk?

I'm targeting primarily log home or at least predominately wood inside, as would be found in a rustic, front range kind of contemporary blend.

I'n not looking for a big house as I'm resolutely single and find filling up more than 2,000sq ft becomes completely wasteful (and challenging for one of simple priorities). Anything in the 500K price range is more than sufficient for my needs.

Topic #2
    ----------

To add to this problem I am completely and utterly dumbfounded in the mind and heart between the F355 and F430. I know many of the pro's and con's of both over research the last year and it's a 6spd vs F1 respectively at my budget.

Front range back roads and frequent car shows will add up to 2,000-2,500mi a year. The first year I will count on 5K miles for certain.

This is all about pure sensory overload, how they make me feel and handle my favorite roads. The 72, 46, 6 + tunnels, 119, Squaw pass, 73, 285, etc.

I have no first hand experience with the F430 beyond seeing one at idle or ripping out of a car show. I haven't seen Ronnie's up close, but I've heard it digitally reproduced. :D My separation from F-chat for years left a gap in my experience.

Is it honestly too refined? That is a question that being a passenger will definitely answer where I can relate to it in it's element and not a showroom. I would be extremely grateful if someone is willing to take a moment out to educate me in person. If a dealer test drive option is the better path, I will gladly walk it.

I would treat you to Capital Grille at the very least, but here's where my lack of experience shows, I don't even know if that is truly the best steakhouse.

Consider that I sold my GT-R (too refined) for a heavily modified RX-7 (brutally raw). Will I miss shifting that much and denying myself the experience of the gate especially for my 1st Ferrari? Will the maintenance nightmares drive me to the more rational F430? Will the altitude neuter the F355 performance wise too greatly?

I value your opinions.

Thanks!
    Sunny

2. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    #2 JasonMiller, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Sunny Sorry I just saw this thread, with little much going on with Fchat Colorado I rarely check fchat! Contact Mike Carter 719 510 4998 Best Colorado Realtor by far and honest to the core.

As far as your other question> I will let someone with more experience asnwer...

3. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    I have someone that is very savvy in the mtns near Denver. He helped us find our home in Ken Caryl. PM me and I can give you his details

4. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A friend of mine is all tied up outside of Golden regarding not having water rights after closing escrow. $900k property. Neighbor with well says if other four lots purchased friend will get water. Yes, someone screwed up.

Fwiw

5. skierlawyer

skierlawyer Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2010
    Golden, CO
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I live in Golden and drive Golden Gate Canyon as well as other back roads all the time. I have a gated F355 Spider as well as a 458 Italia. I'd be happy to share the experience with you.

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Thanks all for the replies.

I found a referral through the office and they have been extremely helpful thus far.

Mean time to sell for new property listings is 4 days so the hunt is on ahead full.

I decided the F355 is better for negotiating canyons than the F430 due to the mechanical and handling limits being more enjoyable in the slower, gated F355.

Looking forward to the next several weeks as plans take shape!

7. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    I too live in Golden and GGC is my playground...chose my house to specifically be near it!

8. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    Sunny,
    While I haven't owned a 355, I have had my F430 for 2 years and it has been amazing. Bulletproof, exhaust note is awesome on mountain drives and I can't say enough positive things about it. The one thing I would note is I'm trying to sell it to get an FF and a little surprised on the depreciation over the last two years, but that might be a good buying opportunity for you as the quotes I'm getting seem low to me. Good Luck!