Harly Wax | FerrariChat

Harly Wax

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by AndyE, Jun 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndyE

AndyE Karting

Jul 5, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    On page 178 of July's Classic and Sports Car there is a small article that starts "If you want to use pure Carnuba wax, Harly Wax is now available in the UK......". The accompanying web address for the product is given as www.woodsrestoration.co.uk which leads nowhere, I did however find the store on ebay: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WOODS-AUTOMOTIVE_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

Have a look, it claims to be 100% pure no 1 yellow carnuba wax for £20, if this is so then why did the bloke at last years concourse on the Zymol/Swissol/whatever stand boast that the jar of 100% Carnuba was worth tens of tousands of pounds?

Are we all being taken for a ride by the mistique of the ultra rare carnuba wax? Or does it really just cost £20 for a tin of 100% stuff? I think I'll order some and see if it's any good.

2. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I was reading the Zymol site and there are apparently 2 types - yellow and white.

The white would appear to be the rare stuff.

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    RAY360M - comments please...... (Andy, it was Ray that won the FOC conkers, and IIRC Zymol gave him the wax for free?) Ray, please correct me if I am wrong.

4. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    #4 RAY430RED, Jun 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You know my views on Zymol . Matey that started this thread does not know if it is Zymol or Swissoil I rest my case I KNOW its the best Want me to proove it again this year???? £20 quid should get some Fairy and Pledge hahahahahahahahahah

RAY360M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    thats a bit dull ray post pictures of your best car the shinny 348 that has won everything i love the 348 i can see why its part of the family and cant see you ever parting with it

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I used one grand blitz wax which is 100% carnauba and was even less than that. Nice job but not zymol.

7. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    #7 RAY430RED, Jun 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes your right Steve .Selling this car would be like selling my faithfull Springer Dino ,hard to do . I am only a builder but you being a hard car dealer would understand everthing has a price . Do you really want to purchase Dino ,the ba---rd bites ,not builders ,car salesmen

RAY360M hahahahahahah (you wait)

8. AndyE

AndyE Karting

Jul 5, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Just got my large tin of Harly Wax and done the front of my car - it looks pretty good although I think I have reached the limit of shinyness on my 26 year old paint. My next purchase will be a tin of Zymol stuff (which one Ray?) just to see if it is actually better

The polishes I have used so far are:

Finish First (from US) - very good, used 'Finish Prep' first
    Zainos #5 - on most of my car at the moment - the best yet, did it with Zainos clay first.
    Zymol (cheep one from Halfords, "Cleaner Wax") - reasonably good - a bit smeary.
    Harly Wax - the shine is as good as the Zainos, but I've had a few beers so I'll check in the morning!

9. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Vintage is the one i use Andy ,but Royale is supposed to be even more pure so better ..Best get an estimate before you order ..

RAY360M

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    vintage ray is that an age thing easier to rub off for older people

11. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Yes i expect so Steve .Sharp as a razer as ever mate RAY360M

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    you are up early cant you sleep after the big mistake this week selling the 348 get some sleeping pills at your age pescriptions are free ha ha ha