78K Mile Testarossa on eBay | FerrariChat

78K Mile Testarossa on eBay

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Driven1413, Feb 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
  2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Looks like a total rag.

3. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dealer website shows that they are asking $47,500....way overpriced for me.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Not just you; it's way overpriced for anyone with an IQ over 9.

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Was that a seat option or is it a custom job?

6. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Custom.

7. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I've seen far rougher TR's sell in the 40's.

I think I have seen rougher sell in the 50's.

High 90 point TR's are not changing hands, at least actual running ones around here. If they were around lots of them would be getting scooped up because I get calls almost every week looking for them and I don't sell cars. The questions are often being asked by those that do.

8. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    this is the car i inquired about in the rocky mountain section. more info there.

john

9. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    I have always thought that these double high mirrors look wrong. That is aftermarket too isn't it?

10. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    If it passes a PPI....

11. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    But isn't that exactly the problem ?
    When most people see a higher milage Ferrari we get the shrivers...

Sometimes we see 328's for sale with 20 or 30000 miles....
    Yeah sure.... who tells me that they didn't take the odometer sensor off for 2 months in the summer a few years in a row ? Nobody can see that and all servicerecords fit.

For example, my Audi A4 quattro is 2,5 years old now and looks like new, inside and outside.
    I did 92.000 miles by now.

I might be wrong..

12. Benzino

Benzino Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil
    My 348 has done 65000 miles and is lovely!Ferrari's IMO are as reliable as the next car if you USE it!!!

13. GabyTR

GabyTR Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2005
    Spain
    My testa have 84.000km and all is perfect.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have a customer who has well over 200,000km on his 881/2 TR. He drives it everyday, rain, sleet, snow, hail, whatever. Yes he has many other cars to drive includeing 2 brand new Benz's and an H2.
    He bought the car with 57,000km and I did the timing belts before he took delivery of the car. The car has now gone over 150,000km on the same timing belts and oil changes are few and far between. It has seen lots of hard street driving and lots of hard track driving. I have instlled ONE rebuilt clutch in it 2 years ago..hes' had the car for 5 years. He blew out the diff and that cost him, some down time. But he made up for it.

You guys are crying about 78,000miles on a TR?? Its a 1985 car..21 years old..to me that is LOW milage. I just might put an offer in on the car and get a friendly competion going with my customer, to see who can rack up the most miles between oil changes. 47,500 is too much for it??? How so and why is he out to lunch? What would you pay for this car and why??

15. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Rather than being upset by the high price, I would have thought TR owners would be pleased, that only ups the price of cleaner ones. Looks like a nice car to me and for $47K you get a 12 cylinder ferrari.

16. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I see your point.

17. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My opinion is that this car is overpriced at $47,500.00 and it is not only because of the high miles. If you read the description the car will need to have some body repairs due to a 10" crease in the right rear lower fender. It is also in need of a major service ASAP. The interior doesn't look the best and may need some work, but I won't include this because it could just be a bad picture. $47,500 plus body work plus 30k service your going to be at close to 60k. This is just my opinion and without seeing it in person hard to saw, but I don't think that I would give over 40k.

18. LW RedTR

LW RedTR Karting

Jan 12, 2006
    California
    If he is in it clean at $60,000 with the 30K done, and the body work done, and in good shape, that will still be considerably less than I just paid for an 88. I don't see why someone can't start with a lower priced car so long as they build the price of getting it sorted out by a good mechanic into their thinking process. What if it came out at $70,000 when all was done, but it was completely gone through, in great running shape, with all kinds of new stuff on it? Would it be a bad deal?

19. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark

I hope that someone does buy it and fix it up. The TR is a great car and should not have creases in the body. For me the price is to high for the work that it will need and the mileage that it has. Your car is an 88 TR this one is an 85 TR so I hope that it is less then you paid. It is hard to say how much this car will cost to repair, but you know it will be in the neighborhood of 60k and yes for this car that is to high for me.

20. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    $60k to repair what? A crease in the rear, new leather seats, a 30k service. You guys are over the top with your repair prices. Assuming, that is, the car passes a PPI with a leakdown, someone please add up the $60k in repairs for me.

EDIT: I see you included the price of the car. Sorry, I just couldn't add up that $60k in repairs.

21. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The car doesn't look bad to me.
    BT

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I guess that I should add that I've seen the car in person and the miles are hte very least of my concerns. In all fairness, it was not detailed but I would not buy it for even $32k. Also, two Fchatters here drove the car when it was for sale previous and both said that it needed tons of work: there was very excessive amounts of smoke coming from the exhaust, there was evidence a poor repaint and possible crash damage in the rear (and given Ferrari's poor factory paint jobs at that time, that is really saying something), and numerous other issues. I never drove the car, only looked at it.

It's obviously what someone is looking for but given the prices of Testarossa maintenance and parts in general, why wouldn't someone just spend just a few bucks more and get a really nice driver? I don't think that you can make this car right and still be in line with the market values.

23. GrandSportC3

GrandSportC3 Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    When I was looking for a TR, I actually e-mailed with the owner of that car to get some information.. I decided to stay away from it due to the high miles. I could've picked it up for less than 40K... I'm glad that I decided to get my '91 instead :D

24. Vertigo

Vertigo Rookie

Feb 16, 2006
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    So I understand the 30,000 mile service is the big $10,000 plus one? How about the 15000 miles service. What does that include and run in $$?

I have been scoping out an 88 with 13000 miles. Have not gone far enough down the road to ask them about the service. But I am pretty interested in it.

Thanks all!!

25. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004