steve f permabanned | Page 2 | FerrariChat

steve f permabanned

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by wax, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade
    Anyone got a spare orange suit , prayer mat and a passport to Cuba for Steve?

2. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Arrogance is the word that comes to mind Wax M8. That is you - not steveF - in case you are confused.

Summary justice. I don't hold a candle for Steve - but this is NOT the way it should be done and frankly I object to someone outside the UK doing this.

It grates.

3. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade
    Wax, when will you Americans stop misjudging us Brits so badly, we are not all called "Blair"...this will go on for a long time unless YOU sort it.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Oh, if you only knew how true my heart was, is and always will be to The Isles. Which is precisely why I assist the local talent to begin with, and why the exorcism was performed.
    __

"Troll and Troll by is he that setteth naught by no man, nor no man by him. This is he that would bear rule in a place and hath no authority nor thanks, and at last is thrust out of the door like a knave."

Thomas Awdeley - Fraternity of Vagabonds - 1561 - he also was the first to use the word "rogue" in print.

5. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Very fine and eloquent words Wax.

But it still doesn't answer the question WHY?

Not saying the punishment wasn't deserved but summary justice doesn't go down well.

Seems a bit like the lynching tree.

I hold no brief for SteveF but at the same time I don't like to see permanent bans dished out summarily for actions that are no different to what he has been doing for a long time.

That would apply for anyone.

STINKS is the word!

PLEASE EXPLAIN!

6. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    mate , the world doesn't revolve around one country . the sooner poeple realise this , the better for all .

7. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Correct. The world revolves around the Sun. Not around steve f.

8. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    So Wax you have just banned him because you felt like it on that particular day?

All we are asking for is a reason.

9. Fractiousgit

Fractiousgit Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Ade

It is nothing to do with the country the world revolves around, we all think it is our respective countries anyway.

Steve F`s permanant ban has been imposed with no valid reason being forthcoming as to why. That is the problem here, if he has done something to be banned for then let us know. If it is because Wax got out of the wrong side of the bed ,then that is wrong, if Steve has gone OTT somewhere then fair enough. Not being forthcoming with the facts is not helping the situation.

10. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Short sharp and the thoughts of Millions!.

I VERY rarely post on this forum due to the fact it is rife with "look at what i've got" people, having said that there are a lot of genuine points raised here and some worth a read.

Steve was a man with what appeared to be a chip on his shoulder for some reason and got under a lot of noses here, however he did have a sense of humour which although dark at times was typically British and probably only acceptable over here!

In the case of his quest on a certain ex moderator here whom was hounded out largely thanks to Steve, let me tell you through personal experience that it wasn't without good grounding.

In summation, WAX you are a big man behind the keyboard!
    but you really ought to eat a piece of what we call the humble.
    yours, Oh so sincerely,
    G.P.

11. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    we down under understand

12. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    Wax, I agree with your decision and don't be bullied into changing it.

I'm not a regular poster on here because of people like Steve who use every opportunity to hijack posts to make themselves look big. Personally I think his posts bring no value to Fcar ownership and possibly stop a lot of users posting due to a fear of being ridiculed. Steve has also openly admitted hacking someone’s account on here and threatened to post personal information. Not big or clever but people seem to forget these things or actually support him in his blackmail attempts.

If the decision with Steve stands I will actually sign up for full membership as the site will surely become a more inviting and active place.

13. Bronco Jr

Bronco Jr Guest

This is just an observation...

I've been on many sites both car related and other subjects as well. Often they are a good source of advice, often a good social forum both cyber social and face to face.

Occasionally they become almost governmental. Rules, regulators, law makers and breakers. Typically its been my experience that the greater the control then the greater the mischievous element. in such sites banning and the associated repercussions regarding reasons, justice, right and wrong, tend to attract more posts than the subject matter.

I tend to believe that good sites become so because of the posters not the regulation. Doesn’t really bother me if SteveF is banned or not, I just like a good interesting and entertaining surf. If its crap then I leave...

This site is only a virtual meeting place, nothing more. It has no impact of our lives beyond that which we choose to allow it. There have been so many ban him/them threads followed immediately by why were him/them banned threads.

Move on people - its not that important!

Just my humble opinion of course

14. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Steve can be a pain in the arse sometimes and a wind up merchant in a most funny way too. I think he is actaully a funny guy even though i have never met him, but as on all forums, antics give Mods lots of grief. If you only knew how much bother, too-ing and fro-ing etc in the moderators section about every little bicker and bad comment, its enough to make you never want to be a Mod.
    Steve brightens up the UK section, as generally its as boring as hell.
    Anyway, rules are rules and to be honest, i dont see why everyone is up in arms about it. He'll be back in one form or another, and if he isnt, it proves that there is life after F-chat and he's having a jolly good time in his car, which like many on here including myself havent yet managed to aquire.
    Have a nice X-mas Steve.

15. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I used to greatly enjoy Stevef's banter in the good old days. But without a decent foil his recent posts were getting a bit boring and not adding anything to the forum.

However, his dismissal does seem quite arbitrary?

But then, the UK has a bit of a record for banning under totting up points, so perhaps Stevef had gone over his 12?

16. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    As I said much earlier - I don't hold any brief for SteveF - though I do admit that although sometimes he has been a bit repetitive I still found his posts worthwhile.

For those that commented that the world is not UK centric I might point out that this IS the UK section, so yes, I feel that what happens on here should be based on UK sensibilities. The rest of you are guests here.

My only grouse is that Wax has not found it in his capability to explain to us exactly why Steve has been banned, not just a temporary ban - a permanent ban. I personally cannot see that Steve has done anything different in the last few days to anything he has done in the last few years, but I could be persuaded differently if it was explained to me.

I have to say I find Wax's attitude to a perfectly reasonable request for an explanation to be at the least condescending and at the worst just plain rude and arrogant - and I have emailed Rob Laye telling him that (no reply so far).

I am not a trouble maker. But I don't take kindly to being treated like a doormat.

Wake up Wax. We had the same situation just over a year ago and look what happened then. A little bit of humility never goes amiss in a mod - and I know - I mod other sites!

17. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I apologize to those who felt concise replies were borne of anything but mutual respect.

I kept notification and replies answers short and sweet, not out of arrogance, rather, humbly, so as to give somewhere between :: (not) enough > ~ < ample time :: for one and all who are in the loop to read beneath, between and behind the lines, consider, form and state opinions, wield torches and pitchforks and if need be, garrote the messenger.

steve f bears the remarkable distinction of having been banned by more individual Moderators than any other F-Chatter in the history of this worldwide site, and for that, he can be proud. I've raised my glass his way many times.

steve f had very recently been warned about thread-jacking and consequences. Nevertheless, he persisted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_that_broke_the_camel's_back
    The idiom the straw that broke the camel's back is from an Arab proverb about loading up a camel beyond its capacity to move. This is a reference to any process by which cataclysmic failure (a broken back) is achieved by a seemingly inconsequential addition (a single straw). This also gives rise to the phrase "the last straw", used when something is deemed to be the last in a line of unacceptable occurrences. A variation of this idiom is "the straw that broke the donkey's back".

One of the earliest usages of this phrase was in Charles Dickens' Dombey and Son where he says "As the last straw breaks the laden camel's back", meaning that there is a limit to everyone's endurance, or everyone has his breaking point. Dickens was writing in the nineteenth century and he may have received his inspiration from an earlier proverb, recorded by Thomas Fuller in his 'Gnomologia' as 'Tis the last feather that breaks the horse's back.'

* French equivalent : la goutte d'eau qui fait d&#233;border le vase, meaning the drop of water that makes the glass overflow.
    * German equivalent : Der Tropfen, der das Fass zum &#220;berlaufen bringt, meaning the drop that makes the barrel overflow.
    * Spanish equivalent : La gota que derram&#243; el vaso. meaning "The drop that spills over the glass"
    * Italian equivalent : La goccia che fa traboccare il vaso, meaning the drop of water that makes the glass overflow.

So, it was anticlimactic.

Now, in the wake of he who once was, one might wonder what the limits are. Personally, I find F-Chat to be analogic to a pub or a bar that's not too seedy, trendy, nor too ritzy - it's just... right. It exudes warmth. We've all known a place like that, at least I hope so - and unfortunately, we've all known a Drama Queen who time and again just couldn't contain themselves from ruining an otherwise fine day, because it has never dawned on them that just as the world is oh, so small, life is too damn short.

So, have a good time, relax, and remember that usually, the only buttons that need pushing are on our keyboards.

18. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Well Wax

Thank you for your EXTREMELY long reply. You obviously had fun writing it :)

Not sure you actually answered my question though

Are you saying that you had given SteveF private final warnings before banning him?

if so fair enough.

Would just like to know.

Wouldn't want to be suddenly banned myself with no warning.

And why couldn't you just have told us that to begin with?

best

Francis

19. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul

Francis can we employ you as The UK Fchat Peace Ambassodor? :D

20. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Well Inky

Maybe

I just get the feeling that we've been pissed on and I don't like the feeling. If you knew me better you'd know that I'm a mild mannered 56 year old guy that never gets into fights.

I am a mod on a couple of oither sites so I do know what goes with the territory, but I think we are being slightly short changed here.

Maybe Steve deserves his ban - in fact it is more than likely. But I just don't like the way it's been done. And I'm not the only one that feels that way.

As they say. It's not what you do, it's the way you do it.

Steve this time. Maybe you or me next time.

Happy Christmas

21. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nah mate, I've got pictures of Wax at his christmas party he'd never put me out in the cold.....I'll send you a copy so your safe!!! lol :D

I know what your saying Francis you are a generally understanding and decent attitude fella, which is the best way to be I'd say on emotionless state mediums like the internet, however Stevef has no place here in my view, not considering what he's admitted on other sites and also how much drivel he posts. I like a laugh but I'm getting to the point if he was here I know this place would just implode, and TBH mate, I think thats his goal. No thats soley my view and take it as you will, but I see no real value in his posts ANYMORE. He most likely was a different person a few years back but I'd say the goalposts have changed and he has a motive.

Take this for instance, I post my wifes new car and he decends the thread into a negative thread which really goes to the point where he is desparate for people to argue about registration dates etc etc. That was not the point of the thread. If he wanted to discuss that debate then maybe he should have consturctively started a new thread.

Thats just my own experience of his -ve value add here fella.

Your a nice guy mate and thats the only reason I've done this post, as you've taken the courtesy to PM me in the past about things like this.

Thing is this really I guess, I have no axe to grind with him, he's made a few comments which I didn't like and in my view has done a few things that I learned by, but you do something and get banned, you learn by it and reform, but he never does, and just keeps going about messing it all up.

My bottom line is this Francis - If he was here then I'd rather go somewhere else.

22. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yes, he had been warned, amply so.

Yes, it was fair through and through.

People don't need to act like Star Belly Sneeches to get along, and they don't need to act like the Get-Along-Gang, yet on the flip side, no need to act like the Gang of Four, or the Four Horsemen of the Apocaplypse, or Pack A Lip to get a thread going. steve f, while a character in his own right, just doesn't need to be emulated to a "t" to easily offend, even while maintaining appearances. We're easily amused, and I mean that in a good way. So, just as there's no need to crunch packaging in a movie theatre, as it's irritating, there's no need to walk on eggshells around this joint, either. It's kind of like a religion we'd all agree upon for Saturday Nights - having enough self-control to get yer ya-ya's out, drive yourself home & not hurt anybody. But, have a blast, nonetheless, at no one's expense without the need to fingerpoint at another, let alone oneself the day after.

Rather than overwhelm the reader at the outset and create a larger "argument," the common denominators could be addressed as folks other than myself needed to vent their spleens about anything their hearts desired. By keeping my own replies basic, somewhat cryptic and mercifully short, this allowed each successive voice to take center stage, echo refrains if one felt like it while adding twists of one's own, and rightfully so. It's a beautiful thing, really.

______

Edit: I mod other sites as well. Each has it's own flavour, and to rephrase Paul: ****'s soup was being spoiled by too much salt. Even as one carried their own soup, he'd add more and more... until the soup was rancid. It made going to the soup kitchen a questionable idea, at best for too many, for too long. Oh, if you only knew how many PM's I and other Mods have received echoing this sentiment.

23. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    No argument Paul

Just didn't appreciate the way Wax did it.

No courtesy.

F

24. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Whatever you say Wax

One moment you are cryptic, next you write such long missives it's hard to read through it all. Are you training to be a literary writer? if so you need to decide on a consistent writing style.

So you say you gave Steve final warnings leading up to his ban? Yes? Yes???? You don't actually say that.

If so why didn't you just say so to begin with then we could all have gone to bed happy days ago.

25. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think you'll find that it was someone else that started the debate about the registration date on your wife's car, Steve merely joined in the debate, after all that is what forums are all about aren't they, healthy debate and discussion, Oh sorry I forgot you don't like it when it doesn't go your way ;)

Yes we all know about Steve's history of wind ups, mickey taking etc but forums are suppose to be like a community and community's have charactors, and stevef is a charactor and this community will be a poorer place without him.

You say Steve posts endless drivel, lets see how long it is before the good people here tire of reading endless threads bragging about tax bills,test drives, watches, what I'm buying ,bought, where I've been,going too etc.