Cars & Coffee Pics - 3/10/07 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee Pics - 3/10/07

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by nocturne1, Mar 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  2. m3jedi77

m3jedi77 Rookie

Oct 16, 2006
    Wow, those cops were incredibly gay. hope they die. My C&c days are over if they are there next week doing the same ****ing thing. That was just absurd.

3. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Frankly, I've all but written off C&C at this point (crowds, bad location, over run with common cars, etc.) and now a Cop thing.

Can you further explain the Cop issue?

4. SpyderCP

SpyderCP Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Spyder
    Awesome pics. I was just looking through the Ortega run as well, those pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

5. m3jedi77

m3jedi77 Rookie

Oct 16, 2006
    K there were 5 or so cops today at the show exit. Followed some cars in, followed a bunch out. I saw them give 3 warnings (2 to my friends) and then I saw them give some tickets after. I know that they did a lot more from just the sample that I saw, but thats just ****ing stupid. What the hell is their problem going to a car show and pulling that ****. My car is extremely illegal in California so Im lucky I got away before they knew what was coming but if I were to get caught next week? Its completely not worth it. I want to go out, buy a junkyard car, and ghostride it into a cop car next week. Even that wouldnt vent my anger though.

6. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    I know just the place. Just bring 300 bucks. JJ

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It appears that Irvine PD are out to get modded cars. As stated there were several there and when I arrived they had a modified BMW pulled over, lights flashing and all. I think it was two cop cars. 3 cop cars were later parked in the empty lot across the street, chatting and looking like they were getting ready to pull cars over. I also noticed a motorcycle cop too hovering around.

8. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    I want a list of " Common Cars" What defines a common car? Just curious. I havnt seen to many of those at C&C. I do still see the idiot with the parking noodles for sale. Didnt it say No Solisiting on the C&C. Isnt that one of the factors that shut down Crystal Cove. Why hasnt anyone had the B**ls to go and tell that guy to leave. I have tried but everytime I approach his car he is not there. JJ

9. Mike the eagle eye

Mike the eagle eye Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Those were nice pictures...=)

10. jonsibal

jonsibal Karting

May 27, 2004
  11. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Seems like 95% of the cars are BMW's.

12. Mike the eagle eye

Mike the eagle eye Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That F430 Spider was orange right????

13. bmorrell

bmorrell Rookie

Mar 4, 2006
    What's the deal with these cops? I'm asking because I haven't been yet but am (was) looking forward to going once or twice next month...while my car is legal, some of my driving isn't. My thoughts might be changed if the 5-0 is tooling around up there every Saturday and pulling over every car they see...

14. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    its one thing if they were there to keep things mellow and target the idiots that go ripping out of the parking lot to show off, but you are saying they were there getting people for illegal mods? that is LAME!!! I got popped a couple weeks back on my way home and got hit for 6 tickets at once, the cop said he would keep writing but he was out of room....what an ******, especially since I was the only one on the freeway at that moment that wasnt speeding!!!

but what do you consider common cars? I personally love the huge mix of cars. The older classics definitely have a place there as do the exotics, and so do many of the new cars (as long as they have something done to it to show off), but I do think that at C&C it has gotten a little bit out of hand with many stock new cars showing up, and the occasional cheap DD parked in the middle of things as if they didnt notice it was a show. If you are looking for a new place to go the Cbad show is growing nicely and we could use more exotics. I guarantee you that there is nothing common about the "less expensive" vehicles that show up.

15. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeah, I can't stand those common cars either-all those Enzos,MC12s,concept cars,Gt40s, Dinos, Hemi Cudas, CGTs,BMW Mcars, Callaways, V12 benders, Vipers, Daytonas, Shelbys,etc get so tiring after a while. In a perfect world, we would have a parking lot full of 360s and 430s and everyone would be wearing matching Ferrari pit crew shirts.

BTW, you are right about the "vendors", they need to go away.

16. jsnazzy

jsnazzy Karting

Oct 16, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    So I take it cops went out and started giving people tickets for mods

Sucks to hear

17. Aerosim

Aerosim Rookie

May 2, 2005
    There was a cop on the other side of the road when I got off the exit from the 5 South and he made a U-turn so he could follow me. My car is totally legal except for no front plate, but he pulled over a Nissan Z that was a couple of cars back. Then when I left, they had a Supra and an Eclipse pulled over on Alton with both hoods open pointing at stuff. My guess is that someone's getting some nasty tickets for that and maybe a date with the ref. Time to move again???

18. futureowner310

futureowner310 Karting

Dec 25, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Time for a new spot....the cops there are not welcoming.

What happened to meeting at Balboa? any other suggestions?

Cops should know that theres going to be modded cars at car gatherings. If they are not doing anything stupid, then they should leave them alone.

19. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    but then what would the cops do????? fight real crimes?

20. bmorrell

bmorrell Rookie

Mar 4, 2006
    If they keep showing up and pulling everybody over this show will be ruined before it even really gets going.

I look forward to the Carlsbad meet every month, and the fuzz ain't there. If they start showing up I might just give up.

21. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

A show like this is easy pickings. I remember when they first talked about C & C there was talk about Irvine PD coming and ruining things. You'd think Ford would have some clout and be able to tell them to back off providing there is no wreckless driving etc. The show seems to be policing itself with the "no burnouts" signs that are all over. It seems that the smaller gatherings are turning out to be the way to go.

22. fondueski

fondueski Karting

Feb 18, 2007
    AZ
    6 tickets!!! WTF!!! That is soooo beyond reasonable. Were they really 6 completely independent infractions from his perspective (if you don't mind me asking)?

23. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    It's terrible to hear what the cops did. Most likely they will continue to do the same every week. As long as no one does burn outs when they leave or do any illegal move, there's no need for this. I hope Ford could talk some sense into them.

24. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Cool F430, I like it.