the aussie video game thread | Page 8 | FerrariChat

the aussie video game thread

Discussion in 'Technology' started by ashsimmonds, Dec 4, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    does anyone remember the original ads for Gran Turismo? at least i think it was GT, it was about '97-98 and there was this ad with a guy that got picked up by the cops after turning himself in saying he'd just been driving this car and that car and another car etc.... i can't find it on youtube, would be interested to see it again in todays light...

2. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
    I always thought the ads for that F1 game where people would trace the circuits while listing the corners were fantastic :)

3. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
  4. VMax

VMax F1 Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Perth, W.Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike Sharpe
  5. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    impressive list! beats the usual 97 versions of Skyline in Gran Turismo.

how... immersive is Forza? when GT first came out i was enthralled for many months, luckily i was also unemployed. :) GT2 was just more candy... by the time GT3 came out it was a matter of BTDT, some better graphics and slightly better physics didn't make the game any better. I liked GT4 a bit better, but then i was also off werk for a few weeks with a broken neck at the time.

played Forza (original) for the first time a month or so ago on gf's brother's system, seemed a bit of fun, i should pick up an xbox 360 i reckons, stupid Wii never gets used. :(

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  7. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    any1 got a new ps3 and is waitin for the new grand turismo........its a pain waiting......

8. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    i'm not getting ps3 *until* GT5 comes out... i say it will be released on Dec 17 2008.

9. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    dam i cant play fear and metal storm that long ..................

10. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Thats when I will buy a PS3......for $199! :p:p

11. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    nah they'll have a package deal for $499

12. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    #187 kongman, Apr 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Rainey

Rainey Karting

May 29, 2006
    Tasmania, Australia
    "I either one wrote the many cracks which the smoke and others do the Asian human examination, directly or him you think with that web sight which these Internet translation web sights has been played directly. That many pleasures, occasionally should try that, is. When it is very funny, there is a result."

That was my response, translated to Japanese and then back to english. Here is the original: :D

"I think that asian guy who wrote the review on that website has been smoking too much crack, either that or he has been playing with these internet translation websites. It is a lot of fun, you should try it sometime. The results can be incredibly amusing."

14. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    picked up God of War 2 tonight, stunning visuals and sound, and very stylish fighting right up there with Devil May Cry, but i'm getting a bit frustrated in that despite so many great reviews in the end it seems not much more than a button-mash fest. that, and i'm only about half an hour into the game and it's already very difficult in some places, forcing you to redo it several times until you get it right/lucky, by then you're pretty bored of it.

15. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I checked out my mates X360 the other nite, not bad. His Wii now sits in the corner collecting dust.

16. Rainey

Rainey Karting

May 29, 2006
    Tasmania, Australia
    Forza 2 is coming out for the xbox360 on the 14th, supposed to be pretty good!

17. Janus_au

Janus_au Karting

Sep 15, 2006
    Adelaide, Australia
    Already have it and can say that it is good.

18. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    every1 seen the new promo for starcraft 2.............awsome..

19. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    just finished GTA: Vice City Stories, and when the credits finished the bloody thing locked up :mad: so now if i want to do any of the general stuff i have to re-do the last mission (not to mention the rampage and some quad-bike tracks that i found :( )

anyhoo, was mildly entertaining, never really boring but never really much fun either.

oh a few weeks back i finished God of War II, now that was an awesome game! loved nearly every minute of it.

20. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

I wish I had time to play video games.......:eek::eek:
    I bought Guitar Heros 2 at Xmas time and havent played it since Xmas time. :D:D I dont own a Playstation 2 either, I had to borrow my sister-in laws to play the bloody game. :(:(

21. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    #196 ashsimmonds, Jun 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

.......:eek::eek::eek:

23. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    just picked up Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

couple weeks back when i'd finished God of War II i reflected on how great a game it really was, but in the end i wanted more adventuring and less pointless (but fun!) slaying. then i remembered good ol' Lara Croft and the times we'd had together nearly ten years ago.

well, just wandering around EB 15 mins ago i saw this new Tomb Raider.. $60 bucks, may as well. up at the counter one of the dudes makes an affirmative gesture indicating i've made the right choice (welcome to the club or something :p ), so i mention i dabbled in the later versions but never really played it much since the original, to which he said that this is more-or-less a remake of the original...

so this should be interesting, time to crack a beer and warm up the PS2...

(this is what my saturday nights have become, exciting times!!!)

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    A good friend told me to tonite that I "GOTTA BUY" a Nintendo Wii!!!! :eek::eek: Have you played one yet? Are they really that much fun? He loves it and plays it with his mates every chance he gets. I was just at another mates wedding and this guy was just arguing with his cook because he wants to go play boxing now with 6 other friends. :D:D

25. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah back before xmas last year...

if you have mates over getting drunk every week then yeah get it, if it's just the two of you, it'll be fun for a week or two. mine hasn't been used for a few months now, there's no good single player games so i'm still buying PS2 stuff until i bother to get an xbox or ps3 (when GT5 comes out).