The official replica/re-creation thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

The official replica/re-creation thread

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by WILLIAM H, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #976 P4Replica, Feb 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Um, lets see, Fran .... I don't need to go to Rockwall, TX to get (nut and bolt detail) photos of Norwood P4's ....
    .... or all the way to Boksburg, ZA to get similar photos of the Bailey P4's being constructed. I must be missing something. :confused:

Here's one of the very first (BMW V12-powered) Bailey P4 replica under construction - before the car even appeared on their website:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    I also want to say that there is a lot of work that goes into these cars. Kudos for both guys building them and with building comes compromises time vs money ect.

3. Fran

Fran Karting

Apr 22, 2005
    Paul,
    nice to see you are as playful as always....the reason there are no pics is because the owners dont want their cars picked over whilst in the build process....sorry.
    Hence my invitation for you to see them in the flesh....without a camera of course....

Privacy and respect are somethings that are lacking in our world today.....

4. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    +1 Agreed - whole-heartedly ! :)

5. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Same old story, Fran. :rolleyes:

6. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Then 'with respect', Fran .... perhaps it would be better if you hadn't even inferred their existence. ;)

7. Fran

Fran Karting

Apr 22, 2005
    Thanks for the Kudos...
    We all (manufacturers that is...Bailey, RCR, Norwood et al)work very hard to give our customers what they want and their hard earned should not be belittled or subjected to others critique unless they choose to...
    I am a manufacturer and being able to offer my services is what being in business is all about....making my levels of competence known is not giving anything away...
    Enough said.

8. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Indeed, Fran. ;)

Please accept my sincere apologies for even mentioning your product in this thread. This thread is about the Bailey P4 replicas after all.

I think this is the most current thread about your RCR P4: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69193&page=3

9. Fran

Fran Karting

Apr 22, 2005
    Thank you Paul,
    apology accepted...seems you post about my products more than I do...

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    I would if I had any real news (or photos) to post, Fran. ;)

My sole intention, in mentioning your product in my post #29, was purely to make a more sensible comparison (see my post title) ....
    - i.e. one currently-manufactured fibreglass-bodied P4 replica with another, rather than with the hand-made ally-bodied Norwood P4's.

11. Fran

Fran Karting

Apr 22, 2005
    Thank you all the same

12. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #987 P4Replica, Feb 22, 2008
    Thought I'd attempt to get this thread 'back on topic'. :rolleyes:
    Here's a few more nice photos of Ferdi's Bailey P4, also taken at Zwartkops on 02/02/2008, which just arrived in my inbox ....
    .... courtesey of, and copyright local amateur photographer, Peter 'Sarge' Sargeant ©:

13. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Why does this car sit so high?, and also the front wheels are too far in ... surely easy fixes (and would improve handling/grip).

All these replicas seem to have angled up roofs ... even Pipers #7 (not sure if that car is #0900 or another replica he runs?) ... is that correct?, or a modification to aid tall drivers. Don't recall #0854 having this 'look'.

Anybody that finishes any project gets a clap from me ... still prefer when they use either really modern Ferrari engines or non-Ferrari. Somebody out there wants that 400 2+2 as a complete car ... :(
    Pete

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Here are some photos of #0854 in it's original form (from Jim's thread about returning it to a coupe):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thus that green car cannot be Pipers #0900 ... sorry I must be confused, it must be the replica with Pipers numbers.
    Pete

15. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    As I wrote at the bottom of my post #10 on the first page, Pete:

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Very interesting point about the 400i....if its the 400i I was thinking of it was beyond economic repair, was only really good as a parts car to begin with....but I larely agree that good economically restoreable cars shouldnt be used.

17. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #992 P4Replica, Feb 23, 2008
    More of Sarge's photos from the recent Zwartkops Springbok historic meeting, including further images of the Bailey P4 replicas here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sarge427/Zwartkops2008

(Repeated for Pete PSk's benenefit):

18. boerseun

boerseun Rookie

Jan 15, 2008
    the car was at the meeting, and ran on the saterday, but was withdrawn on the sunday due to heavy rain

19. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Er .... I don't think so. ;)

20. ferdz

ferdz Rookie

Feb 26, 2008
    mmmmm..... Paul (P4replica) I think boerseun would know ?

21. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #996 P4Replica, Feb 26, 2008
    Hello, Ferdi. Welcome to FerrariChat. :D
    I think 'boerseun' and I are talking at crossed purposes. :confused: Suggest you go back to my post #16 and read exactly what I wrote: ;)
    Perhaps I should spell it out a little clearer ....
    What I was saying that Max's P4 (the car shown on the Killarney 2008 poster and on their home page) wasn't there this year.
    I do know - thanks to Jacques' post #18 and included photo link, that the red Bailey P4 carrying race N° 35 was actually there.
    Hope that clears up any misunderstanding. :)

22. boerseun

boerseun Rookie

Jan 15, 2008
    the point is both Mike Nel and Ferdi van Niekerk , is out there living there dream, of racing in a car, that looks like there heros car, sounds like it, well constructed, we all know they are replicas, so what, the point is the crowds are enjoying seeing the cars on the track, and the sound is great.

so come to the race track and enjoy seeing all the Bailey Edwars car in action ie 917 GT40 and P4's

23. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Boerseun. You have a PM. ;)

(see: Private Messages , in the top right-hand corner of your screen).

24. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Has anyone picked up a copy of this-month's Cigar Afficionado magazine, regarding the Fake Ferrari article? The magazine printed some interesting shots of what appeared to be a Fiberglass P4 Replica (with a terrible engine, no slant against the coachwork at all)??? Was wondering if this was of the same coachbuilder....

25. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Can anybody please supply scans of those photos from the Cigar Aficionado article ? Michael ? Anybody ?

.... and I'll do my best to try to identify it. ;)