How about the largest Italian car show ever in Ontario? | Page 27 | FerrariChat

How about the largest Italian car show ever in Ontario?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by thedoc, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Bernie, 2 of us did with our 40 and 41 yr old cars last year from Ottawa... :)

2. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Bernie did you see the post by Esteban a couple of years back??

Toronto to the east coast with his 308.

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Bless you!! My wife and I have probably covered 100 000 kms in long distance driving during the last 16 years. A couple of hours one way is my limit.

I'm in awe every time I see a thread about road trips on F-chat.

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You guys crack me up !!

What a bunch if sick animals :D

Carm, Bernie, Denis if you can make it down, it would truly be fantastic getting together.

I will gladly meet you guys half way up for lunch to come into T.O.

We have time from now until August, just think about it , and see if you can work around your work time to come up...we would love to have you guys over for sure....the stories and memories would last a while for sure :D

5. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    #655 thedoc, Jan 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    340 mexico ! one of three made plus one spyder . the only mexico to finish the race it was built for the carrera panamericana

Gary
    espada
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Someone just remind Bernie to get CAA. You remember what happened last time :D

But seriously, this meet would be fun if Bernie shows :)

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I'm betting a cold beer you will NOT :D

8. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    You guy's are all doing such a fantastic job of making this event hard to pass up on, you know that means high expectations are being built up right? :)

Most of my friends will be in Tremblant that weekend and they will probably be pissed at me if I don't join them at Le Circuit. But you guys tell a compelling story and so far my Wife and I are leaning towards the Italian car show over our traditional event in Tremblant.
    Thank you for the very warm welcome.

Rocco, Helena and I will most likely visit Toronto late Feb or early March at the latest.
    I hope the Espresso will be ready when we pop over to visit you at the shop :)

9. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Dear Italian Car Day Participants, Sponsors and Volunteers;

Ciao … and YES the Italian Car Day (ICD) 2012 event is in the planning stages.
    As for where ? ……..well, where else would you host the largest Italian car event in Canada and see, hear, smell and taste the Italian culture……..WOODBRIDGE where else !!!
    Our mission is to provide a relaxed artful environment for Italian car enthusiasts to exhibit their Belle Macchine.
    Based on the overwhelming positive feedback from last year ……..the event focus will continue to be on the participants and their cars, any Italian make or model in any shape, old or new and most important .......a friendly relaxed “fun” casual atmosphere.
    Italian Car Day Inc. is a Not-for-Profit organization. Last year, thanks to you, we raised $ 20,000 for Safehaven Project for Community Living. For 2012, it is our privilege to continue working with Safehaven in support of the Local Community.
    If you are interested in sharing your passion on event day or throughout the whole year with other Italian Car nuts…pm me for more information.
    Stay posted to the Italian Car Day 2012 thread for further updates. Last year’s participants will receive updates on their already provided e-mail.

CANDREAM

10. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    f dudes
    9 of the 12 members of the original Italian car day including me left to form Concorso Canadese so one of the remaining members Candream noted above( one of the more Bitter ones ) has decided to
    steal my thread and crash this Party . I don't think any of the friends we have made on this thread want to listen any back and forth . I for one don't want to engage with any of the the 3 remaining members or get into reasons we we all left to form a new show other than to say we needed to improve on what worked and leave behind what didn't . I would wish them well in their new endeavour. Imitation is for certain the sincerest form of flattery.
    Sadi Good luck to you and your on your new endevour.

Vasco please do us all a favor and ensure protocal is adhered to here re future posts from thread stealers.

Gary

11. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Gary, the same thing happened here in Ottawa back in 2003. So I know where you are coming from. Until you posted the clarification I wasn't sure which event to follow so thanks for posting what I am sure was not easy for you to write.

Helena and I will be attending the Concorso Canadese.

12. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    thanks so much for your support!

Gary
    Espada

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    OK, this is all news to me.

Gary's show = Concorso Canadese

Sadi's show = I C D

Good luck with the hard work and planning guys...2 shows are better than 1 !

14. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    You have my support Gary. I will be attending Concourse Canadese.

15. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #665 marioz, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    Gary IS the man when it comes to Italian makes car show. Newer and brighter vision brings in some Canadian flavour and a NEW name:

Concorso Canadese (2012)

and as Gary said the majority of last years members responsible for it's success are now involved in Concorso Canadese.

I am proud to offer my support to Gary's team.

Sadi thank you very much!!! The success of last year was in large part due to Gary.

Any other shows are just that. In any case save this date:

August 25th 2012

16. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    My support as well! No one has more Italian car passion running through their veins then you my friend.
    Rocco

17. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    a few messages ago i mentioned the one permanent take away from this hobby . And in spite of the occasional warts , its truly the friends you meet along the way.

Mario Zania ( Steve Mcqueen to those who know him) your the Shizzle!!

Gary
    Espada

18. Lucia Di Iorio

Jan 28, 2012
    Caledon
    Full Name:
    Maserati RULES
    another Woodbridge car show is held at the Paloma every Thursday evening during the summer months.

its really fun to read what you guys say to each other, only confirming the FACT, that you are all behaving like teenage girls wanting a certain GUY.

keep up the "soap", I can hardly wait for the next episode!

I am looking forward to Concorso Canadese.

Last year's show, Gary, was the ultimate. I know you'll outshine the pretenders!!

19. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    that's Zaina

Gary was never a good speller

20. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Gentlemen,

No one is stealing any threads. this thread started as a chat and became the Italian car Day thread.

Also for clarification, this is not my event.....we are a large group of volunteers....which you probably have met most during the event. the majorirty of that team is still behind
    that event.

Gary was part of the Italian Car day team, but has decided to move on. We wish him all the best.

For obvious reasons, and for the benefit of our passion, we welcome all interested in the Original - Italian Car Day to follow the communcation on the other thread.

Thanks

21. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #671 marioz, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Now Sadi let's be truthful--

Majority means most

see photo of Gary on stage with 7 of the Concorso Canadese crew.

I count that as a majority.

Sadi I wish you guys success with what you are doing--let's just keep the facts straight.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. red3555gtb

red3555gtb Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 15, 2006
    Woodbridge/Ontario
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Gary was not just a "part" of the team, he was the creator and head of the entire event, and his evolvement should not be diminished to a level of a regular board member. Let's not forget if it was't for Gary that event would of never happened.

23. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Glad you boys are here discussing this. I am going to catch this now before the mud slinging begins. From I was told on the phone and PM, there will now be two events. I guess for us enthusiasts it can only be a win win! :)

Now, I will not get into the details nor do I even know them or care. I am just doing my part here in our section to keep things cool and have no interest nor favourites here. As some have messaged me, there should be two seperate threads and that is what I am going to do. I want the respective organizers to now open a new thread with the name of the event and keep them clean. I will NOT stickie them because too many stuck threads have annoyed many people in the past. Perhaps i'll do it leading up to said events. Besides, there will be alot of posting so the thread will always be bumped.

Now, I also want you guys to understand one very important thing. Since these events involve companys, sponsorships, some profit, charities and so on that we are technically not allowed to be posted unless you're event is a site sponsor. NOT just subscribed, I mean a sponsor. Many people thing it's the same. I asked Rob last year to allow us to promote Italian Car day and he did. Free. I told him that there is a big need to get these types of events started in Canada since there is a big lack of it so he allowed us. So we need to thank, respect and support him and his site. As you all involved know very well...Fchat is probably your number one way of attracting people to your events.

I thank you guys in advance for the cooperation. I wish both parties the best of luck and success. I wish both obey the rules and so forth. I personally would suggest not competing with each other and simply keep everything seperate and different. Even pick completly different date. California and many states have 10 times the shows and they work together.

In the end we are all car guys looking for some good clean fun :)

NOTE: I will keep this thread open for a bit for us to discuss. Again, I ask that the other two partied start a thread with the name of the event only. The momment things turn ugly I will close both. Fair enough?

Cheers,

24. CANDREAM

CANDREAM Canada

Nov 13, 2009
    Burlington, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sadi
    Fully agree and respect your decision.

What can we ask for more....2 events, double the fun.

See you all on the Italian Car Day thread

Ciao.

25. thedoc

thedoc Formula 3

May 27, 2009
    good call Vasco!

Gary
    Espada