Bentley GT vs. Aston Vantage N400 | FerrariChat

Bentley GT vs. Aston Vantage N400

Discussion in 'British' started by raptorduck, Jan 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    I own both and have a pretty good idea of which is faster, handles better etc. But I always would love to race myself in my cars to see real world results. Of course, I can't do that, but I can "race" other identical cars from my collection if the opportunity and conditions present themselves.

Now I know my Bentley is faster than my Aston as the Bentley has 10hp/lb vs the Aston's 8.5hp/lb (i.e 552 hp vs 400hp). But I would expect my Aston to be far more nimble and maneuverable as it is nearly 2,000 lbs lighter than the Bentley. However, I would not be so sure in the wet as the Bentley has AWD. Yesterday, this proved to be true when I got into it (in a friendly manner of course) with a Bentley identical to mine on a wet early morning cold very twisty road. He decided to punch it and I responded. In the dry, I would have had him, but in the wet, I was loosing traction all over the place as he was pulling away.

Always fun to see theories proven. Such has been the case comparing my R8 to my 360, where, based on several "opportunities" the R8 is clearly faster in the dry and no contest in the wet.

2. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    Interesting you had the chance to fulfill one more item on your bucket list. I have had the Bentley on the track at Pocono Pensylvania at a little over 185 MPH and still had room to go faster. If you would really like to put your cars to the test, ship them over to Pocono the last week of june and you can put them on the track. They will provide you with instructors that will show you the lines,braking and the corners and when they are satisfied you are capable, they will step out of the car and turn you loose on your own. You can go to "monte patterson pocono" on you-tube and see one of my hot laps with a client inside filming. Have fun with your cars and I hope you can spend the time and money to come to this event.

3. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    I can hardly make time to get on a plane and drive somebody else's cars on the track, let alone ship my own and fly 3,000+ miles! No, my next track adventure will be to take the R8 driving school again. I just love that car! It is my performance king of all time.

4. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Are you the same Monte that worked or works at a certain car dealership in Orlando? If so I have to commend you as you were a complete gentleman to me and my wife when we stopped by to visit. It was probably about 5-6 years ago and we weren't quite in the market yet for a car but Monte at Lambo/Bentley of Orlando spent all kinds of time showing us around. A really great experience.

Sorry to highjack thread!