1000 Hot Rods, 2 Ferraris and one Pantera | FerrariChat

1000 Hot Rods, 2 Ferraris and one Pantera

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Spasso, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #1 Spasso, Jun 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was suppose to rain and instead turned out to be in the 80's. Pleasant surprise. A spectacle to be sure.

The following pictures are of the more unique entries.
    The show covered 15 city blocks of Greenwood ave. north.

Note the picture of the black Rolls(Bentley) and the following picture of the passengers in the back seat.

The drag bike shown is electric and quite fast.

There are comparison shots of the venue in the morning and one of from the afternoon. The camera can't begin to capture the scope of the crowd. 'As far as the eye could see.'

Right across the street from us was an Orleans jazz, ragtime band that kept us entertained all day. Much better than the crap band at the bar up the street.

I am seriously considering a trade for the 'Pimp Mobile':p

The last few shots were taken at 6:00 a.m. at the rest stop while waiting for Robert.

Absolutely beautiful day and HOT!. Got a great sunburn! We even saw Gary Reed and his lady wandering through!

See you all at the Historics next weekend!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    The weather reports never get it right. Been driving the 360 around during the week with fingerprints (and other prints) from the BC show. Finally washed it yesterday and drove around. Probably need to clean it again (maybe not).

Looked like a lot of fun, DJ. Interesting that you guys parked in front of a auto repair shop. :)

I've seen some of the cars from other car shows before. I've seen that Zimmer (aka pimpmobile) on I-405 a couple of times.

Did you use a new camera?

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    We were directed to our parking places by the 'Nurse Ratchet' of car show parking attendants. It was a good locale, no fallout from the trees like last year.

Same camera; Fujifilm 1.2 meg point-and-shoot. One of these days Ill pick up something bigger with a long lense so I can control depth of field and composition. The saving grace is my Photosuite III edit program. Basic and limited but easy to use and quick.

I had a few smudges on my car yesterday but nothing interesting. Mostly the crowd was pretty good.

Robert was aproached by a 9 or 10 year old boy that knew as much about Roberts TR as I did. He and his brother got to sit in both of our cars for photo op's. I managed to find a thick cushion for the kids to sit on so they were in the proper position for the shots. After they walked away the boy's mother came back to say thanks and to relate the boy's comments ,AAWWWSSSUUUUUMMMMMMMM!!!!!, Just like Roberts plate.

Nice to find intelligent, articulate and appreciative young kids these days!

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    It's amazing what some young kids know.

I inspected my car yesterday before I washed it. It had some hand-dragging smudges on the rear flanks and new scratchs. There are the usual hand prints on the side windows and something that looked like a nose print. Ah, the things I find on a black car...:)

Time to put on a new coat of wax.

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Roberts TR took a hit by a Kamakazi bird in the front bonnet. It wasn't noticed for an hour or so, time to bake in....................nothing a little wax won't fix.

6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hey, I recognize that neighborhood! I lived on Greenwood, at 132nd.

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    DJ,

Nice seeing you and Robert yesterday and good job representing Ferrari at the show!

To bad you couldn't join all the Fiats and Pantera for an "Italian" area.

Sue and I had a nice time wandering aound looking at the unique rides. A real mixed soup of marques including some "good, bad and ugly" ones.

Maybe next year I'll bring a car to to the event.

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Good to see you and Sue yesterday.
    I really enjoy talking to 'car people' in general so in some ways marque isn't too important BUT I would prefer to go in with an Italian group giving spectators a variety of Italian marques to compare. Driving to the gate as a group is the way to go in and get parked together. It's a REAL EARLY get up though. I was up at 4:20!

It was fun seeing people walk up with a smile on their face, with a look of wonderment in their eyes, not sure exactly what they were looking at but knowing it was a Ferrari and it was cool!

It's also fun answering some of the questions and explaining the differences between a Testarossa and an Oldslow308.

The kids were the best!

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Small world!

Next year you should fly out and join the fun!

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Nice pics. When I worked in Bellevue, I went over to Gorditos for dinner a lot!

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    LOL! Gorditos! I ate there all the time (when I felt like not pooping for 2-4 days afterwards). Some of my buddies even ate the double burrito and survived to tell about it.

I even knew people that lived in the slum above that place. It was rancid.

In Bellevue, did you ever "meet The Man?" Gene was classic.

DJ - My wife and I have been talking about Seattle lately as it's been a while since we've been back (she grew up in Kent/Covington and Gig Harbor); we might consider it for a law job. When I get up there I'll definitely give a shout to the NW Fchat crew. I gotta get a ride in Steve's F40!

12. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Glad to see I am not the only one who ate there. Food was good, lots of portion, and cheap, and hey it was fun. :)

Didn't meat the man, but met many that thought they were the man. :D

Kent, eww. But seriously, don't move to Seattle Ryan. Great place to visit, but so much rain and dirty cars everywhere, depressing after a while. So cal baby. :D

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thats right,
    rain all of the time.
    Gloomy, dark, depressing, dreary. Highest suicide rate in the country..........blah blah blah..................................
    Tell all of your friends to stay away, far far away..........................

(private joke among the natives).

14. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Wasn't it a fantastic weekend weather-wise? Even up here was glorious.

That is one unusual and really nice colour for that Pantera. I like it... Looks like you guys had a great time.

Willis, did you check your car for prints left by that blonde? ;)

My car needs a good cleaning too after the Father's Day show. Not from finger prints, but the dust from the tree I was parked under.

Today while driving, car ahead of me threw up a stone and I watched it dance all over my hood... Arrgghhh! After stopping and checking, thankfully it didn't leave any marks. Oh well, what can you do when that happens? Better than sitting in the garage on a day like this (although I really need to do that tune-up).

15. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I do know the private joke. My ex fiance and all her family was from Seattle. So not only did I spend the better part of 4 years there, I worked up there for a while.

Its a great place don't get me wrong, and it doesn't rain all the time. THe summers are beautiful, stuff is cheap relatively, and its a good state. Its lush and green.

The women are ugly and the weather is not that nice in the summer. My friend had a huge house on Lake Washington, and boating was fun, but nothing like a blue ocean and beautiful sandy beach. Also I like women that are less than 165lbs at 5'5" and ugly brown hair. ;)

16. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    BWUHAHAHAH!! That was funny.

They are out there though... you just have to look ;).

I miss the fresh pine smells and driving on the nice windy roads through lush greenery too.

17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Can someone explain how street rods are street legal? And using that context, can I 'make' a race car in my garage and say it is a street rod and make it street legal? I am just wondering out loud....

18. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I dont want to look hard to see beautiful women. Here in CA, and other places like NY and Florida, hot women are dime a dozen, and that cannot be said about the Pacific NW. They have to have one of the uglier breed of women. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but making a generalization here. Go to a bar on 1st street on friday/sat night and you can see the type of women versus Sunset blvd in So Cal.

Go to Bellevue/Redmond malls during the day, and the MILFS there are not half as good as the ones on Rodeo and Brentwood or Riveroaks in Houston.

If you don't believe me, I will give you a personal tour of Northwest and of Southwest, and we can compare women.

Though the NW women like colored guys, and if you are non white you have much easier chance of getting lucky, since you are considered an exotic. Sort of like a toyota corolla in Alabama. :D

No doubt! THat is my fav about WA/OR area. Then I realized I can have all that in Northern Ca..look at the posts by Riverflyer, who has a 550 and lives in the northern CA. Not much diff than seattle at all.

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Different states have diff rules. CA has one of the most stringest rules when it comes to emisson. However I had my turbo crx for a few years and it didn't give me smog problems, though it could never pass inspection. ;)

Its about who you know, how much $$ u want to spend, and how much patience you have.

RHD cars that are illegal to drive on the roads, are registered dime a dozen. Trust me, as that is what I do for a living.

So everything in the world can be accomplished.

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    For open wheeled cars there is a 'fair weather' law in Washington. If it is dry out you are allowed to run without fenders but only on a special purpose/built car. Usually these are considered collector/custom/exotic types. Seat belts are encouraged though not necessarily required if the vehicle never had them in it's original incarnation.

You can make a race car in your garage and call it a race car, license it for the street as long as it conforms to the usual DOT restrictions; belts, mirrors, mufflers, lights and turn signals. Before licensing it must go through an inspection by the State Patrol after which a data plate is riveted to the car showing DOT aceptance.

There was a tubbed 55 Chevy there with a 900 HP blown big block with DOT slicks and uncorked headers (for the show). It had plates with current tabs. Again, there are usually use restrictions for these type of vehicles.
    I think the restrictions are at the discretion of law enforcement when they come across one of these cars and how they are being used..

I have a friend with a 36 Dodge pickup, channeled and lowered with a 440 six pack. No fenders and he has never been harrassed.

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I live 65 miles north of Seattle in a 'rural' area and I'll have to agree the pickings are slim. I lived in the Bellevue/Kirland area for 10 years and it was better. Just have to know where to look. Going to a bar isn't it.

My last girl friend was from SanDiego and I spent many weekends on the beach there. Can't beat the beaches and the pretty woman but I was taken aback by the attitude that the world revolved around California, that and the feeling that I was talking to a party balloon.:p (not by all, just the few that I talked to)

22. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Well in 4 years in Seattle, I didn't see much, thats all I was saying. I spent some time in Everett/Bellingham area as well.

San Diego women are hot no doubt. Los Angeles IS the capital of the world ;)

I dont mind talking to a party balloon as long as its a good looking one ;)
    Men need brains, women need looks :D

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I'm sorry.............................I HATE Everett, I just work there. I am currently employed by the 'Flying Aluminum Tube Company', (Boeing) so I stay fairly local,(Arlington).
    You really know what I mean about slim pickings then................................................!

Yeah but I run out of one and two syllable words after a few minutes..........................................:p:D

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I do know about the slim pickings. I certainly am not one to come online and generalize. I usually only open my mouth when I have lived through something, and sadly I have lived through quite a few of the slim pickings. :D Funny, I know a few people who work with you ;)

You gotta increase your night time activities to more than a few mintues ;) :D

25. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Yeah yeah, I know..................................................:(