St. Louis Oct 1 | FerrariChat

St. Louis Oct 1

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Boxer12, Sep 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    I might be in St. L this weekend checking out a PCA event and Roland Linder's F40LM. Any other Fcar owners around, who might be willing to show me some fun roads to drive while I am there? I am totally unfamiliar with St. L. Maybe just a one or two hour drive. Maybe a nice b&b at the end of the day to entice my wife. Any suggestions, info would be appreciated. Jim

2. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I will be there with my F40....

3. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Chris,
    I was checking the PCA website and registration limited to P, BMW and Audi only...whats up with that? Are you a member of one of those clubs? I guess I would have to renew my PCA membership...But then again, registration is closed, so I guess I am relegated to the sidelines. Are you in the DE? What is happenning on Sunday? Will you guys have time to go for a jaunt after the program is over on one of the days? Is there going to be anything going on Sat eve? Lodging recommendations? Thx. Jim

4. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Oh crap! I was planning on going and Jim, I could show you some really great drives. HOWEVER, Chris, as you come this way, I will be going your way! My daughter has a basketball tourney in Overland Park Saturday and Sunday. I forgot all about the dates! I hope somebody posts some pics (Matt?). Will arrive-and-drive Johnny be coming again this year? You guys are going to scare those Porsches off the track!

Have fun and be safe. Maybe next year.
    Jim

5. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    #5 Boxer12, Oct 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow...my first intro to F40LM with Roland at the wheel on this course, with its combo of banked turns and tight circuit...that machine (and driver) is so smooth and powerful. It sent chills down my spine! The first time we hit the banking with speed, it was hair raising! Holy ****! It was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life, and one I will never forget! One that several others got to share too thanks to Roland's talent, passion and generosity. Thanks Roland! You and your machine definately MADE this event one to remember!! A++++++ Forza Ferrari! Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Jim, sorry I did not get a chance to spend any time with you this weekend....

with the death of my gearbox I decided to go home early....

I appreciate your offer on your TR, it was too nice to let me thrash it!

Were you there when the 993 crashed and burned?

I hope to see you again, I was truly disapointed I did get to spend time with you!

Chris

7. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    #7 Boxer12, Oct 2, 2005
    Chris,

Hey, I understand! Your car is a beautiful, clean example of one of the finest machines ever built! I hope that repair goes smooth and quick, and not too painful to the wallet. If you want a high res copy of that pic, I can email it to you. Here is one more you might like.

No, I missed the 993 crash. When was that? I did see the Vette (was it a Z06?) spin out, hit the tire barrier this morning.

We will have to get back out there next year. The group was pretty friendly, although as a Tifosi at a PCA party I felt a little like a wedding crasher. When Roland said there would be his LM, another F40 (yours) and a 355C I couldn't resist the show. :) Jim

8. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    The crash happened shorty after you left..

I will post pics soon..

ohh so dont even mention me !!! :)

haha

-a

9. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    HI Aaron!

I had a great time with you this weekend, but that guy you hang around drives way too slow!

Chris

10. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Aaron, from what I could tell, you just had another nice weekend of fast driving, hard drinking and chasing hot ladies...it must be that car (355C shown in the pix) and rig you drive! Glad you made it back safely (I presume). I enjoyed chatting with you and seeing you in action! Jim

11. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    #11 Boxer12, Oct 3, 2005
  12. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

Nothing on this over on the Rennlist, any details ? I considered this event, but I was having work done on mine. Good turnout.....worth the trip, I have heard its pretty tight ?

13. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    Jim,
    I too could not make it. I was spending the weekend with my family as my Neice had her 3rd Birthday party. Johnny did not come fly in either and nope that was not his F40 that was Chris'. I talked to John and Roland about going, but things got crazy and John could not come and I had to do the B-Day thing anyway. It looks like people were having fun on the track, but I am pretty sure it would have been better if we all got together again. keep me posted for next year!!!

-Matt

14. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

:)

Hahaha

Thanks boss... you are welcome for a ride anytime...

-A

15. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks for your visit Jim, cool TR that you got there, carbon copy of mine..
    To bad that Chris gear box went out, maybe he shouldn't try so hard to keep up with the LM hahaha!!!
    Amazing week end for the LM and with the new turbo/ waste gate, it's an easier car to drive. I did 157 miles and din't open the hood once.
    Aaron 355 went very well and he took his time to get back in the groove, but by Sunday late, I couldn't get him back in the pits to load. he had FUN !!! and gace rides to all.
    To bad for my good friend Jim and his 993 !! Amazing that he walked away!! Credit to Porsche for a good car in a kissing wall situation\. Wait to see the pics.
    Got the LM in pieces and should be ready and so will the 355 by Friday PPIR event.
    Roland
    F40LM

16. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Roland,

mmmmmmmmmm keep up with the LM? Oh I forgot your trouble with your english....

you meant "let up" so I could see the LM in my mirrors!

I had a fun time, even with my little gearbox issue....

I hope to see you and Aaron in November!

17. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Tom, it looked like every garage was filled and there were another 10-20 cars running out of the lot. Mainly street version Pcars, with a dozen or so club trackers. It was a DE. Nice course, with tight spots and about 3/4 mile fast section with banked turns leading to the straight. Worth the drive, and time, for sure. The Fcars were like wedding crashers...really stole the show!

18. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Hey buddy....

We will be there.. I will see if I can get the Rig completed by then :)

Had a great time with you, and hope you enjoyed driving the 355C :p

-a

19. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    The 355C was great! I guess you do not need a parking brake after I squared off the right front tire!

Thanks again Aaron!

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #20 Roland E Linder, Oct 4, 2005
  21. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

hahaha

well you know what they say about having big ones!!

brakes that is..

hah

-a

22. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    Hey Roland,
    glad to hear that your car is finally running!!
    I must have forgot to tell you, but the Turbo guys showed up right after you left at PPIR. HE HE HE.

Looks like everybody had a good time, Sorry i could not make it, but I am sure you will be back in my neighborhood sometime soon.

What do you have planned for your trip to New Orleans? I assume that is not going to happen this year.

-Matt

23. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello matt, we missed you at gateway but we sure did have a great time.
    Johnny will be with us at PPIR and we plan to do some good racing.
    N.O is cancelled and I might do a gig for Speed at that time..
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

24. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Roland, I can't wait to see the pix of the Posha. Did you ever see the rear of the Vette that kissed the tire wall? It was scraped up pretty good, but I didn't get any pix. What all do you have to do to the LM to prep for PPIR? The car seemed perfect. I did notice an unusual sound from time to time as we were getting up to speed on the corners...tire rub maybe but it sounded more like something shifting or moving (not gearbox). I am sure you know what I am referring to and its not a prob, just a quirk of some sort maybe. Jim

25. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello Jim, please send me an e-mail so I can get you the pics. I don't want to put them on the chat..My PC went bad and I lost your e-mail..
    The LM needed an oil service, check the shafts, drain catch cans, bleed brakes, etc.. routine to stay safe..same deal on Aaron 355. I hate to work at the track, I liked the way we drove 157 miles at speed without touching the hood.
    Roland
    F40Lm