Kudos to Zahir and his guys at ZR! | FerrariChat

Kudos to Zahir and his guys at ZR!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by racer17, Aug 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I would like to take this opportunity to send some praise out to Zahir and the team at ZR Auto in Calgary. I am very new to the exotic car world, and my experience with Zahir and his staff has been nothing but fantastic!

I started hanging around ZR Auto about a year and a half ago, learning and understanding the cars and what it would be like to own one of these magnificant machines. Zahir was always very patient and forthcoming with me about the cars and the questions I had (and I had many).

I recently bought from ZR the 1997 F355 Berlinetta with 6500km's on it. What a work of art. In my opinion, the F355 is the sexiest Ferrari to date, and unquestionably the best sounding engine Ferrari has ever produced. To find this quality of car in Zahir's showroom was no surprise to me, as all of the iron on display is the best I've ever seen. My experience over the last week has been nothing short of stupendous!!!

Zahir - thank you so much for your time and commitment to me on this deal, and introducing me to the world of exotic cars here in Canada! It is obvious that you are building a client base of true exotic lovers, and your approach to this is more than just getting guys in the driver's seat. You provide a truely rich environment to enjoy these cars on many different levels. I admire you for that Zahir. As a business owner myself, I know that it is not easy to do what you have done!

Al - you da man!! You had my car ready for delivery 3 days AHEAD of schedule. You have no idea what that meant to me, as I've been dreaming about this for several years!! Your professionalism and calmness was very much appreciated through the prep and delivery process. Everything was ready as promised.

Ellery - you are one cool guy. I know that you are absolutely swamped with work (Zahir showed me the back lot of cars waiting for service work), yet you stopped what you were doing while my car was on the hoist, and spent time going over what you were doing, what you were looking for, to ensure that the car was tight! Your explanations, your genuine love for these cars was evident and truly appreciate your knowledge and experience. On delivery day, again, was after hours, but still you went through every detail of the car with me.....this was 200% better than any treatment I've ever recieved, even when picking up any of my "new" cars at a dealership.

Job well done ZR! My neighbors have been out on our driveway all week admiring the car. I've been passing out your cards to the guys who are thinking about getting into an exotic. You are my #1 recommendation to anyone who asks about the car. Fantastic!!!!

I'd love to get out and meet some of the other fellow exotic car owners here in Calgary. PM me if there are dates/times to get together for an evening cruise and a coffee. I'll be there!

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Welocme to the brotherhood.

Now shut up and post some pics of this car....lol !!!

Enjoy in good health my freind, may you have many many years of headach free enjoyment.

Cheers.

3. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #3 racer17, Aug 17, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    That does look amazing. Congrats on the purchase.

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato

Sweet, but i wanna close up shots . Those seats dont look stock ? is it a CDN car ? you have tubi ? details, details.....we eagerly await.

6. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian
    HAHAHA.....

Car is a Canadian car born in '97. Seats currently in it are the stock seats. The picture was taken with the CF seats installed. CF seats are going back in this fall (long story...another day).

Car is rock-stock with the exception of CF steering wheel, Tubi and Hyperflow cats.

It is a dream to drive. I will get some up close and personal shots of the car loaded in the next day or so. Getting a new computer set up at home, hence the delay in downloading from the camera.

Any cruise days/nights scheduled in YYC in the next few days? Weather is looking great!

7. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Awesome car, enjoy !!!

8. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.

9. TorontoR

TorontoR Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    congrats and I agree 100%, stock F355 engine is the best sounding engine ferrari has ever put out, with tubi, it is out of this world!

BTW, was Zahir's Enzo on display there?

10. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian
    No Enzo this time...

11. lager99

lager99 Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    Red Deer, AB
    Full Name:
    Jason
  12. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #12 racer17, Aug 17, 2006
  13. lager99

lager99 Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    Red Deer, AB
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great pics. It should be a nice weekend for you to get out & run it too...

14. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian
    You bet. Planning a run on Sunday out to K-country if anyone is interested.

15. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey congrats

The 3rd shot there is pure sex. 355 is just awesome.

16. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Stunning car Brain, the tb 355 6 speed is a great ferrari. Love the CF inside the car, looks truly breath taking. If you can take a few shots of those seats I would be interested to see what they look like. Never seen CF seats on a 355 before. If you dont mind posting when you have a chance I would be honored.
    Thanks.

17. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #17 ToddB, Aug 18, 2006
  18. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian

Those are the ones! Should be back in the car this fall, or over the winter. Apparently the seats were sold to another customer just before I purchased the car. Too bad, but anticipation is the sweetest!

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I know the first owner of that car (he was ultra anal about his cars)...............I could have bought it 18 months ago when I purchased the guy's GT3 from him.................the CF sport seats are ultra rare in a 355 to begin with, whatever you do don't sell them.

Are you still taking delivery of a 430 in the spring or going to stay with the 355 for now ?

20. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I know the first owner of that car (he was ultra anal about his cars)...............I could have bought it 18 months ago when I purchased the guy's GT3 from him.................the CF sport seats are ultra rare in a 355 to begin with, whatever you do don't sell them.

Are you still taking delivery of a 430 in the spring or going to stay with the 355 for now ?

21. racer17

racer17 Karting

Jun 19, 2006
    Calgary
    Full Name:
    Brian

I am going to pass on the 430 for now, seeing as I could get into a practically new F355. This is my first F-car, so I am going to take it a step at a time. 430 one day! :)

22. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    congrats! and welcome to the board.

6,500km's is amazingly low mileage, their loss is your gain - she looks amazing.

23. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    What do you mean by loss? While I don't know what Racer paid for the car, I do know the price it was listed for. At anywhere near that price, there was VERY little depreciation from MSRP considering the car is 10 years old.

24. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004

It's a figure of speech. The implication is that their loss of the vehicle is the purchaser's gain. The statement has nothing to do with cost.

25. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Yep Brims on the right track.