PREMIERE MOBILE GROUP IN FREMONT | FerrariChat

PREMIERE MOBILE GROUP IN FREMONT

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bird Man, Jan 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    #1 Bird Man, Jan 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would have to say that these guys do quality work.
    If you are looking for an outfit that will do good the first time around then this should be your stop. They are professional and courteous. My only complaint is that I asked if they could film my tricycle and they just laughed at me.

I opted for the full front end protection plus hood, rocker panels,wheel arches (front and rear) and door latch (both). Too bad there was no full coverage for the front fenders. I would have gone for it. What is really nice is the wrap around. The film is not readily visible with the exception of the areas that did not receive full coverage. My black intakes are no longer matte but I do not mind. The protection is what matters most. Salutations to these guys!!!!!

Now I can go and get behind a bunch dump trucks full of gravel. Oh, and I wont forget, I'll be sure their rear tires are full of dirt and rocks too!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pransingh Horse

Pransingh Horse Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    nice car...

do you see a cut line on the hood where the film ends? -- how visible is it? --I'd be interested in seeing a pic of it...

Cheers

3. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area

The 430 hood has full area coverage.
    However, at this time, they do not have film large enough to cover a porsche hood. I had them do my 997 and the line where the film ends is about 1.5 inches away from the hood two vertices/vertexes. I can show you that.

4. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I would think that with a handle as "Birdman" you'd want that film on the vehicle to protect against other things as well!

Beautiful car.

I don't think anyone could say a bad word about Sam and his gang!

5. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    LOL LOL !!! !!!!

6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Hey Bird....dont forget that stone chips hit windsheilds also ;) Before you go tailgating dump trucks i thought you should be reminded..lol
    Looks great !

7. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    "Bird Man" about to dump a "Big Red" one as he flys by!!!!!!!
    Kidding aside, too bad Premiere does not have anything for windshields.
    Like a drive and peel. I guess I could leave it in the garage and wear a face shield.

8. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I thought Sam had posted a short time ago that they did offer a W/S clear covering.

What happened with that?

9. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Formula 3

May 7, 2006
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Michael
    actually Sam did post something about the windshield.........its a bit thicker film and takes a bit longer to form to the windshield, but it can be done.

he did it on a few cars already although i'm not sure how it looks now......requires a bit of maintenance from what sam told me (i.e. wiping down the windshield wipers occassionally to prevent scratches)

10. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Sam and crew rocks!

11. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Wait a minute.

Is he not putting on film to prevent rocks?

12. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    haha.. let me rephrase. Sam and Crew are awesome. :)

13. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Much better!!

14. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    Me thinks they way it should read is that Sam and Crew do such an awesome job that you could throw rocks at it no problem. And to prove it just offer your car for targeting.

15. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo

Only if you are one of the Rolling Stones!

16. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Great pictures! At least you could drive it around and not worry about tiny dings on the front end. :) Paint protection film installation is not a science, but an art we have come to love, which is why we are constantly improving on our installation skill....and the end result! For those looking into paint protection film installs, quality of installation trumps the film in many ways....do not be swayed into thinking that the "best" film is all you need. The "best" installer accessible to you (the customer) is really what it's about. :)

17. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Sam,

What about that MC-12 you just did? How much of it did you do?

I'll see it Sunday. I am doing carpets for it.

18. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    he recently did the same job on my car and did a fantastic and professional job. I still need to get him to do some additional work on the front end. My car is black and I have a hard time finding the film lines. "A" quality work and a great guy.

Chris

19. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Your car looks great. Did you put the coating on the stainless door sills where you feet might scuff the metal "Ferrari" door sill plate?

I have stainless door sills on my Porsche 993 embossed with "Carrera" and I wish I had done those as they are scuffed a bit now from sand or dirt on my shoes (I had all front exterior surfaces done several years ago and they still look great). I am getting a 360 shipped to me now and may have this done if it is not already. I also like the door haldle area idea as my Porsche is scuffed there a bit too.

20. Bird Man

Bird Man Karting

Jul 11, 2004
    N.cal./bay area
    The alummmmm sills are hidden within so there is no coverage. However, I have in place my own version.

http://www.floormask.com/carpet_mask.shtml

I find this stuff at the hardware store. It may not be the same brand but to me they all serve the end. I slice sheets of it to size and have it covering the sills. It is not opaque so you can see thru it. I have already covered all carpets in all of my cars. I have a 06 997 and it does not stick to the black plastic with a rough surface . The CARRERA lettering is in brushed alummmm so it does stick well to that. Stuff works well. I shall make the effort to post pics of this.

21. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    aaah...yes, the MC12. That was quite a machine to work on. Greg, what do you think? :) The entire car was covered...yes, it was not the typical front nose coverage, but the entire vehicle like we normally perform on the Carrera GTs, Murcies, Enzos...

22. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I am going to see it today, Sam.

Have to meet them at their home around 2:30.

I'll let you know.

23. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Sam,

I am amazed at the job you did on that MC-12! It's fabulous, and if the convoluted part of the hood had not been pointed out to me, I would never have seen that line.

Absolutely fantastic!

Great work.

24. Premier Protective Films

BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay
    Yours is next Greg!!!!

25. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    This is very true.

I have to get SoftwareDrone to help me correct the few paint chips with the Lanka kit, and then I'll bring it to you.