Looking for Glen Machado | FerrariChat

Looking for Glen Machado

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by SoftwareDrone, Feb 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I lost his phone number and cannot find it. If anyone knows him, could you please PM me?
    Thank you.
    :)
    Mike

2. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He's the guy who does the touch up work for Ferrari of Silicon Valley, if this helps.

3. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Got it. He also owns "Finish line painting" here in the bay area. I found this out by searching for his name on linkedin. Subsequently, searching for his name AND his business name on Google results in his business address and phone number.

4. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Mike, I thought you did your own touchup work?

5. def

def Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Mike, I'll have to ask you about him next SR meet... I still think I need professional work done with so many rock hits.

I wrote a lengthy and detailed email to Premier Mobile Group to see about replacing the clear bra and to see what they thought about touchups (do it myself vs professional), but didn't get a response. Guess they don't want my business :confused:

6. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    I spoke with Sam at Premier recently and they've been swamped with work. He told me they had to turn down a CGT because they've been so busy. His words "I never thought I'd ever say no to a CGT".

I'd ping Sam again.

7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I do. And I did. Everything that can be touched up, IS touched up, and the car is perfect. Except for the fact that there are hundreds and hundreds of touched up rock chips on the front bumper. The front bumper is the only thing that does not look factory new. Now, I know that a body shop can easily strip and repaint the front bumper. But I was just wondering if Greg would be able to redo the bumper if I handed it to him. In fact, when I spoke with him on the phone last year, he said he didn't do small stuff like rock chips, he only did "substantial" touchup work. So I called him and asked him today. He said he would not do something that big, to take it to a body shop.
    Having said all that, I'm now trying to figure out where I should take it. I know that Premier in L.A. is tops, but they take FOR-EVER from what I am hearing. My second choice is Brian Hoyt at Perfect Reflections in Hayward. I have seen his work and he is phenomenal. It's just that he's so busy. He won't even be back in town until mid next week. And I have a car show coming up March 10th. Trouble is, every bay area body shop I have ever dealt with in my life has not been worth going to again in my opinion.

Anyone else have a different opinion? Anyone have some really good experiences at bay area body shops?
    :)

8. Murciii

Murciii Karting

Jun 12, 2006
    Orange County, CA

The Works auto body in santa clara. They do a great job and work on a lot of ferraris.

9. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Wait a minute, isn't Ping Sam's last name?

10. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Body shops! You are making me nervous man.

You are the Langka expert. What gives now?

You give up on that?

11. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    After I was finally able to make a color match by mixing touch up paints, I was able to get those two fingernail sized chips to absolutely vanish under my exhaust tips using the Langka system. I went back over a couple of rock chips near the front that I had previously done, and they too have completely vanished [using the right color, and not the base coat].
    Not to sound like I'm reiterating, but the problem with rock chips on the front bumper is that you do not only have paint missing; you have a "crater" effect on the ridges of the chip itself. So, multiply this by maybe 400+ and you'll realize why all the Langka in the world is not going to make the front bumper look like it came from the factory. Remember that I bought the car after someone had already owned and drove it for six years without any protection on the front bumper. So do not worry. I did not secretly smash the front bumper. I just want it to look new, like the rest of the car.

12. Premier Protective Films

Premier Protective Films Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 20, 2004
    San Francisco Bay

Apologize, but we return all emails within 24hrs....that is if we received it. Our server's going on and offline quite often for the past few months and in the process of switching hosting companies. If you could please (and for all who have emailed us and did not get a responsne) contact us by phone - 510-623-1308 if you have not heard back from us by email. Thank you.

13. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I went down there this morning and liked what I saw and heard. So I'll be dropping my bumper off to them next Monday morning and picking it up on Friday. Just in time for Santana Row!

14. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Skid plates arrived.
    F355 horn arrived.
    Dropped bumper off at the body shop this morning.
    Front challenge grills, frames, gaskets and screws scheduled to arrive on Wednesday.
    Bumper should be done Friday.