daytona spyder 14487 on ebay real or no? | FerrariChat

daytona spyder 14487 on ebay real or no?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by bighitter2, Apr 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    the last tread is gone, so i am opening another, 4 emails to this seller and i can still get no proof that this car is one of the factory built spyders, sell claims it is stating it is well documented in Rouch's 'daytona book' all i find is this"type a spyder conversion" same description in hilary raabs id number book. i have requested the documentation mentioned but so far only talk BUYER BE WARE

2. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    To the best of my knowledge, this car was originally a European 365 GTB/4A with Aluminum doors (USA Coupes, factory Spyders and later Euro cars came with steel doors).

Also, non-USA factory Spyders were called 365 GTS/4 from the factory. Factory USA Daytona Spyders, except the first one (14383), were called 365 GTB/4. The first was called both depending where you look on the car. I guess I should state (in general) for the above sentences since with Ferrari, they probably have examples didn't follow their own norms.

Buyer beware.

Steve

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The thread you refer to is still here :-http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185751

It would be interesting to see what the chassis plate plate has on it maybe someone should ask him for a pic. should read GTS. [guees thats easy to change though]

I have also read this book he refers to and have come to the same conclusion, it just says type A conversion. The only thing that looks like it in the book is the coupe that has been badly rolled and then made into a spyder but there is no chassis number shown in the book for that.
    It now has 45 bids and is up to $650,000+

4. billb

billb Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    According to the Braden & Roush book, the car is: Type A Conversion to Spyder.

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Speaking of *14383* what is happening with that particular Daytona these days???
    CH

6. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    14383 is currently listed for sale in the Ferrari market letter for $ 1,595,000.00.

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Glad to see the price of conversions are high, looks like i may get my money back if i ever have to sell!!!! Or could it be the case that it is being sold as a real Spyder, as it's real Spyder money?

8. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Must be the latter. I just saw a lovely looking black/black conversion advertised by Berlinetta on LI for ~$400K, and it was a price reduction.