Car guys paradise | FerrariChat

Car guys paradise

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by turbos7903, Aug 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #1 turbos7903, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ran across this property for sale a few weeks ago. I would own it but its too far north for me. It belongs to a friends parents who are moving to a
    senior living community. That is all the affiliation I have with the property. Thought someone else might like to know about it.

CAR COLLECTORS DREAM
    Keep up to 12 cars under cover right at home! This property has a four-bay garage, a heated and insulated barn with three-phase electric and pneumatics that parks another 6-7 cars, and a drive-down basement bay at the house that opens to a large open shop area with high ceilings and three-phase electric. Large graveled areas behind the house and barn can accept your trailer or semi, with ample additional parking. Some of the 3.6 acres are lawn and garden, while the rear section is meadow, going back to a permanently protected wooded area. The property is well off the road and quite private, but close to route 611 and a few minutes from Doylestown.
    The residence was built by a cabinet-maker for his own use about 1965, and features beautiful floors and cherry cabinets and closets, a paneled living room with stone fireplace, four bedrooms, one and a half baths, and a blue-stone patio reached through French doors. A glassed-in front porch makes flowers in winter a real option. A huge attic provides storage. There is also a spacious "in law" or office area with bedroom, bath, greatroom, office, sunporch, and hot-tub room, with a small patio of its own. To view this gem, call Barbara Gerber, a Fox and Roach Prudential realtor, at 215-805-3767
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. AJTozzi

AJTozzi Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2006
    Mine Hill, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony Tozzi
    What's the asking price?

3. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Dont remember asking...Too far north for me.call the Realtor please.

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    $699,000.00

5. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Thats a lot less than I would have thought considering the location and having seen the property personally. Good deal for someone who needs it. Jon in Delaware

7. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    A house and property like that would be $3MM++ in this neck of the woods.

8. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    What is Doylestown PA...two hours from NYC?

9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Yea and another 2 million in taxes. Check out the yearly property tax. Now you know why we don't live in NY, NJ or CT.

10. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Hour to Hour half max.

11. AJTozzi

AJTozzi Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2006
    Mine Hill, NJ
    Full Name:
    Anthony Tozzi
    It's more like two hours. My girl's parents live just outside Doylestown. From my store (Lodi, NJ) to their house (10 mins south of Doylestown) it takes an 1 hr 45 min with no traffic.

From Doylestown to Mid-town Manhattan is about 90 miles -- 30 of it which is on a 35-45 MPH road with traffic lights. It would not be a pretty commute.

12. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    "It's north of Doylestown, so probably more like 1.5 hours from NY. Because of the in-law suite, there's the potential to put a tenant in to watch the place and pay rent in half the house, and use the other side as a weekend retreat yourself, with your garages and cars right there."
    from the owner of the property