Ferrari-friendly Parking Restaurants in SF Bay Area? | FerrariChat

Ferrari-friendly Parking Restaurants in SF Bay Area?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Need4Spd, Jan 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    What with Valentine's Day approaching, my wife and I were thinking we'd take a nice drive and then have dinner. OK, so it's not a unique concept.

But then we got to thinking - which restaurant could we go to that has all the desirable qualities of a restaurant (good food, atmosphere, service, etc.) AND has Ferrari-friendly parking (ample space for self-parking, valets or managers that let you self-park out front, etc.) either at the restaurant or closeby? Most places have one or the other, but not both.

Jason's in Greenbrae, where we had our holiday party, probably makes the list. Buckeye Roadhouse in Sausalito? Are there any in SF, or is that hopeless (and yes, if parking on public streets there, you risk a front license plate ticket)? Places up or down the coast (FOG drive restaurants?)? Others?

Let's list our favorites here all around the SF Bay Area, including Napa, Sonoma, East and South Bay (and not be too critical on the restaurant part, since individual tastes vary; the important thing is to have a place to go where we are not worrying about our cavallinos outside while we dine!). I'll start with Jason's, but let's list as many as we can think of and add any useful comments.

1. Jason's in Greenbrae/Larkspur

2. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    2. The Village Pub - Woodside, CA (ample self-parking in a lot, away from the street)

DJP likes this.
  3. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    #3 nizam, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wouldn't call the city Ferrari friendly. While I personally have never had an issue, I've read enough that I'd avoid it if the intent is to spend a romantic evening with your wife :). You can't be genuinely romantic while quietly be worried about your car!

Two places that immediately come to mind that have good parking and a decent restaurant attached to it are:

3. Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
    4. Rosewood San Hill
    http://www.rosewoodsandhill.com/

If you absolutely need to be in the city, carry this along in the trunk "just in case".
    http://dynamtechgroup.com/ferrari-license-plate-holder.php

Since Feb 14th is a Monday, you could do an overnighter in the north bay near Tomales or Marshall. Most B&B's there offer private parking with your worst enemy being tree sap.

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/marshall-california.html

For V-Day brunch, you could drive up to Nick's (they have great parking). Alternately Tony's just down the road has that rustic flair to it that could work as well. Parking is a non issue ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Poggio and Murray Circle in Sausalito
    French Laundry, Bouchon, Redd, Bistro Jeanty, and all the other restaurants in Yountville
    Cyrus in Healdsburg
    Meadowood Restaurant in St. Helena
    Manresa in Los Gatos
    Many of the nicer hotels in SF will keep cars parked out in front like the Intercontinental hotel (Top of the Mark), not the best restaurant but amazing views of the city.
    Aziza and Chaya Brasserie in SF. Call ahead of time to check if they can keep the car parked in front of the restaurant while dining.

Have a great dinner!

5. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Thanks, guys! This is becoming the tifosi version of the Zagat guide. So far we have:

2. The Village Pub - Woodside, CA (ample self-parking in a lot, away from the street)
    4. Rosewood San Hill http://www.rosewoodsandhill.com/
    5. Nick's Cove in Marshall
    6. Tony's in Marshall/Tomales Bay
    7. Poggio in Sausalito
    8. Murray Circle in Sausalito
    9. French Laundry in Yountville
    10. Bouchon in Yountville
    11. Redd in Yountville
    12. Bistro Jeanty in Yountville
    13. All the other restaurants in Yountville
    14. Cyrus in Healdsburg
    15. Meadowood Restaurant in St. Helena
    16. Manresa in Los Gatos
    17. Many of the nicer hotels in SF will keep cars parked out in front like the Intercontinental hotel (Top of the Mark), not the best restaurant but amazing views of the city.
    18. Aziza in SF (NB: And remember that front plate in SF!)
    19. Chaya Brasserie in SF (Call ahead of time to check if they can keep the car parked in front of the restaurant while dining.) (NB: And remember that front plate in SF!)
    And I'll add another with the same advice:
    20. F'ior d'Italia in SF (Call ahead of time to check if they can keep the car parked in front of the restaurant while dining.) (NB: And remember that front plate in SF!)

6. mod4b

mod4b Karting

Sep 21, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    K
    wish they hadnt put in those speed bumps on East Road in Sausalito to get to Murray Circle...

7. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Pretty much anywhere but a restaurant in San Francisco. They just make it harder and harder for their patrons, so I only go into the city when I absolutely have to. Front plate tickets, 4% healthy food tax, potholes, valet or street parking almost everywhere. No thanks. When I go into the city, I take the ferry.

Here are some close to me that I would drive my Ferrari to:

San Rafael-Il Davide or Sabor of Spain
    San Anselmo-Cucina
    Ross-Marché Aux Fleurs

8. Moogle

Moogle Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yountville.

9. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Have you also considered driving in the other direction? Some places in the Monterey/Carmel region may meet your criteria.

10. carlcvw7

carlcvw7 Rookie

Sep 8, 2009
    Palo Alto, CA, USA
    Full Name:
    Carl Van Wey
    Marche and Carpaccio and others on Santa Cruz ave in Menlo Park have plenty of good parking in the evenings in the lots just north of the avenue, but very tight around Su Hong closer to El Camino.

11. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    If it's gotta be the city, The Ritz Carlton will take great care of your car. Chances are they will keep it right up front in the portico, safe and sound.

12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    List updated:

7. Poggio in Sausalito
    11. Redd in Yountville
    14. Cyrus in Healdsburg
    15. Meadowood Restaurant in St. Helena
    16. Manresa in Los Gatos
    17. Many of the nicer hotels in SF will keep cars parked out in front like the Intercontinental hotel (Top of the Mark), not the best restaurant but amazing views of the city.
    19. Chaya Brasserie in SF (Call ahead of time to check if they can keep the car parked in front of the restaurant while dining.) (NB: And remember that front plate in SF!)
    20. F'ior d'Italia in SF (Call ahead of time to check if they can keep the car parked in front of the restaurant while dining.) (NB: And remember that front plate in SF!)
    21. Il Davide - San Rafael
    22. Sabor of Spain - San Rafael
    23. Cucina - San Anselmo
    24. Marché Aux Fleurs - Ross
    25. Marche - Menlo Park
    26. Carpaccio - Menlo Park
    27. Ritz Carlton - San Francisco

Keep them coming!

13. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    isn't fairmont a car friendly place that hosts gumball? but it's near some steep hills though.

bella vista in woodside on skyline is fairly easy to park. it's in the woods and a good drive there. food is decent and has great view (hence the name).

14. angli890501

angli890501 Rookie

Jan 18, 2011
    Santana Row has some high quality food and service restaurants that have friendly parking on the street, in regular parking/valet parking, and small number of parking spaces in front of restaurants and stores. great atmosphere too.

15. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Actually, this is probably the best bet for a restaurant in the city. The Dining Room in the Ritz Carlton will not dissapoint you and your wife. Excellent choice!

16. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    All but the busiest hotels in SF (Hyatt Regency, Hilton, Marriott, St. Francis) with a driveway will probably let you park your Ferrari out front...especially if you let them know how important it is to you in a significant way ;) Branching out, a group of us went to the Claremont and had no trouble parking. You could also probably park in front of Scott's in Jack London Square. Exotics are in Walnut Creek all the time, especially in front of Prima.

17. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Any restaurant in North Beach will protect your Italian car, just tip the valet and keep the keys.

18. Silver Lusso

Silver Lusso Karting

Dec 5, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    James
    The city is much more complicated than the rest of the Bay Area, and I'm thrilled you started this thread. Personally, my favorite "Classic San Francisco" restaurant is the Big Four atop Nob Hill, and it would be perfect for a romantic Valentine's Dinner. The attendant has been known to allow you to leave your car in the loading zone if they aren't too busy and you ask him politely (tips appreciated, of course), but if need be you can self park your Italian at Grace Cathedral.

As for wine country, Bistro Jeanty is a great choice in Yountville and you may be lucky enough to park in front on Washington (no valet necessary!). If you're heading up-valley, Press or Meadowood (even the downstairs grille) will be a romantic atmosphere, and sure to impress.

19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    List updated:

7. Poggio in Sausalito
    11. Redd in Yountville
    14. Cyrus in Healdsburg
    15. Meadowood Restaurant (at Meadowood Resort in St. Helena)
    16. Manresa in Los Gatos
    23. Cucina - San Anselmo
    25. Marche - Menlo Park
    28. Fairmont Hotel - San Francisco
    29. Bella Vista - Woodside (Skyline Drive)
    30. Santana Row restaurants (could somebody be more specific?)
    31. Scott's - Jack London Square
    32. Prima - Walnut Creek

Keep them coming!

Note: Please remember that these have to be Ferrari-friendly, including 360s, 430s and 458s. That means among other things, no steep or narrow driveways, or parking lots with only narrow spaces (taking up two is a no-no and an invitation to be keyed). IIRC, the garage at Grace Cathedral has steep narrow entrance and exit driveways, almost sure to scrape a 360/430/458, though perhaps not a problem for a California or Daytona. The nearby garage at Masonic Auditorium has very, very tight spaces as well as a steep driveway. The third garage at the top of Nob Hill is valet only, and cars are taken down a curved ramp out of sight. That leaves you to the goodwill ($$ helps) of the valets/attendants at the hotels, hoping they will keep your car in the portico or passenger drop-off area. I drove past the Ritz in SF today, and the portico parking area is very small, though do-able. There is room on the parking aprons of the Fairmont and Mark Hopkins if not already filled with cars.

20. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Benu - the best new restaurant in SF - the decor is plebian but the food is inspiring. One of the best restaurants in the city. They will park your car in a very private and secured alcove adjacent to the restaurant but only have space for 4 cars. If you come for first seating you will not have a problem securing one of these spots.

21. verdegrrl

verdegrrl Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2008
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    April
    Thanks for this thread no matter brand. While my Alfa doesn't require gentle driveways, speed mountains can knock out the exhaust, valet jockeys can burn out clutches by not releasing the parking brake, and long steep driveways cause clutch distress due to tall gears. That doesn't bring door dings or keying into consideration (which it is). Anyone who loves their car is often best served by not entering the city.

22. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula 3

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    #22 xs10shl, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
    Cafe des Amis in San Francisco keeps 4-5 cars out front, sometimes you may have to compete with other exotics. There were 3 Aston Martins out front tonight, not sure if that's usual or not.

23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Since we've now spilled over to a second page, I've updated the list again:

7. Poggio in Sausalito
    11. Redd in Yountville
    14. Cyrus in Healdsburg
    16. Manresa in Los Gatos
    23. Cucina - San Anselmo
    25. Marche - Menlo Park
    32. Prima - Walnut Creek
    33. Benu - San Francisco (according to 4RE886: "the best new restaurant in SF - the decor is plebian but the food is inspiring. One of the best restaurants in the city. They will park your car in a very private and secured alcove adjacent to the restaurant but only have space for 4 cars. If you come for first seating you will not have a problem securing one of these spots." NB: And don't forget that front plate!)
    34. Cafe des Amis - San Francisco (keeps 4-5 cars out front, sometimes you may have to compete with other exotics)

Keep them coming!

Note: Please remember that these have to be Ferrari-friendly, including the lower and wider cars (e.g. 360s, 430s and 458s). That means among other things, no steep or narrow driveways, parking lots with only narrow spaces (and taking up two is a no-no and an invitation to be keyed) or uncooperative valets/attendants who won't let you keep your car out front. Of course, good food is a must!

24. Silver Lusso

Silver Lusso Karting

Dec 5, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    James
    Good point - no issues with my 3x8, but may be an issue for lower clearance. Maybe that's why i have it all to myself!

25. Mogulaire

Mogulaire Karting

Jun 27, 2008
    7. Poggio in Sausalito
    11. Redd in Yountville
    14. Cyrus in Healdsburg
    16. Manresa in Los Gatos
    23. Cucina - San Anselmo
    25. Marche - Menlo Park
    32. Prima - Walnut Creek
    33. Benu - San Francisco (according to 4RE886: "the best new restaurant in SF - the decor is plebian but the food is inspiring. One of the best restaurants in the city. They will park your car in a very private and secured alcove adjacent to the restaurant but only have space for 4 cars. If you come for first seating you will not have a problem securing one of these spots." NB: And don't forget that front plate!)
    34. Cafe des Amis - San Francisco (keeps 4-5 cars out front, sometimes you may have to compete with other exotics)
    35. Bridges - Danville

Keep them coming!

Note: Please remember that these have to be Ferrari-friendly, including the lower and wider cars (e.g. 360s, 430s and 458s). That means among other things, no steep or narrow driveways, parking lots with only narrow spaces (and taking up two is a no-no and an invitation to be keyed) or uncooperative valets/attendants who won't let you keep your car out front. Of course, good food is a must!