F430Addict - The Madness has begun...again (Scuderization) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

F430Addict - The Madness has begun...again (Scuderization)

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430addict, Sep 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Mate. You are dead right!

I've my Fabspeed headers and test pipes on now connected to a stock 430 muffler. My twin sound unit has gone to its next happy owner.

I drove the car for 2 hours yesterday and had absolutely no droning at 3000K revs. So YES, TESTPIPES DO NOT CAUSE DRONING!

I was absolutely frustrated driving the car yesterday as the stock muffler supplied by the tech had faulty valves. The valves just refused to open at high revs so it felt like I was driving a constipated Ferrari. The valves open now and then, randomly so I was making all the wrong noises. Mannnn....I wanted to just dump the car and fill her with holes with a shot gun. Ok, violence aside.

But the good thing was I finally got to experience what it was like to have some back pressure in the exhaust system. The low end was so much more responsive. Potting her around the city streets was so much more relaxing and fun. The high end was absolute crap on the other hand with the valves refusing the open. I guess I've got to pull off the golf tee mod just to keep me happy over the next couple of days before the parcel from Vivid Racing arrives.

Thanks once again mate for sharing the wisdom.

2. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    More drama. Just realised that my factory speakers have gone kapoot!

All I hear is PIAK PIAK PIAK PIAK sounds. LOL.

I've arranged for new speakers an an active sub to be fitted later this week. Nothing fancy, just sufficient to play some tunes and give me some kick with the bass. Subs will be fitted under the factory seats. Speakers will be covered with the same factory netting so everything looks neat and out of sight.

3. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    #78 F430addict, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did a quick photoshop of the possible outcome when the 430 goes in for the exhaust works and lowering end of the week.

Not too shabby eh? I like it. Lowered but not slammed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    This is gorgeous! Your car looks great with these wheels and just lowered enough. Great work to be done soon! Ask for a good geometric alignment once the car has been lowered. This is really the most important. Your car will handle like a go-kart after ;)

5. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    #80 F430GT, Sep 19, 2011
  6. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I will keep that in mind for the alignment. It is crucial once any car is lowered, and happens to be one of the most commonly ignored to-do item.

7. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Mate, those are awesome looking racing wheels. Are they 19 in size?

Ok, screen colour temperature aside, yours do look to be on the pale side of gold. Mine is a custom mix. I uses the gold found on STi factory wheels and added 15% silver with metallic dust to give it some lustre. Hope this helps.

8. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    They are 18"x10" front and 18"x12" rear. The front ones don't work, I need to downsize the brakes to F430 CCB rotors and calipers (380mm and 6-piston). 18" wheels reduce ride height with affecting geometry, and they increase suspension travel which is a limitation in all teh 360/430.

9. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Yeah...at 18s you'd probably need smaller calipers.

Status update: fedex package tracking shows it's in transit as of 21st. Should be on the ground right in front of my two feet in 2 days. Damn...I hate waiting

10. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Looks like it got delivered today.....lets see some pictures of that sexy exhaust.

11. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Rob, I love you man.

Lol. Thd exhaust has been fitted. It arrived at 12pm yesterday and by 5.30pm it has already been shoehorned into my 430. This morning thd techs will be lowering the springs. I'll pick her up in a couple of hours. Should be good.

The Capristo sports cats are huge!!!

12. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    She's back! Lowered, scuderia Capristo exhaust...just short of stereo which goes in kn Monday.

A quick review. Car is alot quieter. I am kind of disappointed. No more sharp metallic high rpm shriek. But definitely more power due to now-present back pressure. Low end improved alot and much quicker off the line and making half as much noise as she used to. Valves closed the car sounds like a regular sports car with sports exhaust...very deep baritone but still prim and proper. Very tame and decent. Valves open on highway sound is a bit too soft for my liking compared to my previous exhaust. Not as much kick. Loudness would be 75% of before, sharpness suffers a major loss. Heard a mate's scuderia on larini muffler and cats and that screams!

But still she makes the right noises, crack and pop. With the heat wrap blanket, engine bay temperature significantly lower. This is no bull. The blanket works!

I'll post pix tomorrow. Just returned from an hour long test drive, need an iced cold beer.

13. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Very very well done buddy! I'm glad you got everything back. That's an impressive mod all together !

Just keep in mind one thing : before, your engine was screaming in a very unhealthy way. Test pipes or small sport cats is really not the best choice for the engine without reconsidering many other things. Now, you have a very healthy sounding car which I'm convinced is still much much louder than any stock F430. After some driving, you'll find out the very subtile metallic sound of the Capristo exhaust, especially the headers make a fantastic sound. It's far from just screaming ;)

Ask a buddy to drive your F430 and drive behind your car with another car, windows open...you'll be very impressed by the new sound ;)

14. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Thanks mate. I agree. It is definitely screaming in a healthy way now. This must be the real sound of a Capristo. And not the metallic high pitched scream which Larini or Kreisseg offers. One thing I found out though, with the test pipes, you'll get a pitch that high it'd make Scuderia owners throw out their stock exhausts. That's what happened to a mate of mine who went on a long highway drive with me in his Scud. He was so pissed that he couldn't hear his own car at all.

Loudness aside, the car really suffered at the low end. There was absolutely no torque at all. Backing the car into the porch was kinda like gunning the 430 down a long empty street. It's that loud.

Now with the Capristo Scuderia Cats and the Capristo Scuderia muffler from the complete system, the torque is back in heaps at the low end and mid range. She really pulls and pulls and pulls. With the valves closed, she pulls really hard without making a hell lot of noise. Which is perfect. When the valves are open, she bellows...with a slight F1 bark that is 25% down from my previous setup. At idle, she burbles with a really nice deep...and I do mean DEEP tune. Previously, she sounded like a beat up truck with loose valves clackering away and metal plates smashing against each other. It was sharp and painful to the ear.

I'd say I'm 95% satisfied with the outcome of this project. 5% due to me missing the sound of my previous setup. I'm sure the 5% will be gained back eventually.

Now some pix as promised.

15. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    #90 F430addict, Sep 25, 2011
  16. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    #91 F430addict, Sep 25, 2011
  17. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    #92 F430addict, Sep 25, 2011
  18. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Fantastic work man! That's a real great looking F430!

19. UH-Matt

UH-Matt Karting

Mar 31, 2011
    Front looks a little high?

20. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Does it? I'll need to check again. More updated pictures soon.

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You have done a fabulous job, just terrific.

22. UH-Matt

UH-Matt Karting

Mar 31, 2011
    BTW don't let my last post detract from just how awsome this is now looking, really cool job. Was just an observation as I spent a lot of time working on my ride height a couple of months ago. Im probably a little bit low if anything but it does the job :)

23. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    #98 F430addict, Sep 28, 2011
  24. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    I know the bumper gap looks a tad bit wide, it's just the camera angle, rest assured. Haha...before the critics zoom in on that.

The original exhaust arches have been covered with a similar net used by Ferrari. I want to keep the rear bumper this way instead of swapping it over to a Scuderia rear. I find it unique this way.

Now if only I can get some shots of blue flames gushing out the Scuderia end pipes....

25. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Looks good I like that you did the wheels in a custom color, very sharp.