348 Rear Bumper Removal | FerrariChat

348 Rear Bumper Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Jim Riggs, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    I need a little help here. I have removed the main rear nuts that secure the bumper to the rear part of the frame but it is not exactly clear to me how to remove the side brackets. Do you have to remove the wheel well to get at them? Thanks for the help. Jim

2. Peppi

Peppi Karting

Mar 15, 2004
    UK Wales Cardiff
    Hi Jim, I have recently removed the rear bumber off my mondial t 1993 cab,perhaps yours is the same I am not sure, but with mine in addition too removing the main large bolts I needed to remove the small panels which on other cars would be in the area of the rear mud gaurds ,remove both sides that then allows you to slide the bumber towards the back of the vehicle realising it off the side locating rails on both sides ,these rails have slots in them which correspond with plastic dowels on the bumber ends ,can be a bit stiff due to never needing to be moved ,I hope that this helps you Jim, many regards Peppi.

3. ShanB

ShanB Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Tejas/Europe/Desert
    Full Name:
    shanb
    Exactly what Peppi said - remove the rear inner fender wells then the four nuts (two on each side) that hold the bumper to the body and slide off.