FCA AT VIR!! Let the good times roll! | FerrariChat

FCA AT VIR!! Let the good times roll!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Apr 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Just a quick reminder to the fellow FCA tifosi... our annual track weekend at VIR is quickly approaching. Make your reservations, get the car tech'd, and come have a BLAST of a weekend.

Whether you've never been on track before, or you drive like a Pizza Baron from Argentina, this is the event to attend! Plenty of instructors, extremely controlled environment, good friends, great accomodations, food, prizes, etc. etc.

From the glossy presentation:
    April 28-30. Seventh annual track event at VIR, including Berry Hill Mansion. This year we have the outstanding North Course at VIR for two full days of track time and our host hotel is the fabulous Berry Hill Mansion Resort (http://www.berryhillplantationresort.com) and Spa for two days of luxurious relaxation. This is great as a stand-alone event or as a test & tune opportunity for the National Meet! Send in the downloadable registration form for a weekend to remember. For all the details, contact Bob Snow at [email protected] or 336.227.1037.

Be there, or be square.

2. NeuroSpeed

NeuroSpeed Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam Whitener
    I'll be there! And I won't be so terrible this year as I was last year... I'm really looking forward to it without all of my... uhh... misjudgements (understatement) that I made last year.

3. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Daughter's 7th birthday. If I show, I will come home to a locked garage, and it's hard to sleep in a Ferrari. Next time.

4. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Daughter's birthday = 1 day

VIR = 2 days

A good excuse, but not a great one. Special rate available for just one day on track.

5. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Jack Russell,

Berry Hill does not have a room reserved in your name. Are you using an alias?

6. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

7. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    I will be there with wife and sons. What better place to celebrate, not just birthdays, but any special event. Our registration is going in tomorrow and I hope there are still rooms at Berry Hill. Hopefully, they won't kick me out for bringing other cars as well as the 360 Spider.

8. Bigpinekey

Bigpinekey Rookie

Oct 20, 2005
    Big Pine Key, NC
    Full Name:
    Jody Austin
    They'd be well advised to check your passport and other vital documents!

9. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    We've got a TdeF, a 250GT SWB and a Tipo 61 Birdcage RACING on the South Course the same weekend. Come by and visit, y'all are wlecome!

-Peter (sorry the VSCCA deal got to be on top of the FCA date WAY back when...)

10. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

OK, Bob... just made the reservation at Berry Hill. Can't wait!

11. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Peter,

I passed your rigorous K&E inspection routine today but forgot my notebook - again. I sent you an envelope today. Liked that Esprit in your shop this morning. Is it local?

I'll definitely let our group know that something pre-308 can still be tracked and you will prove it on the 29th. Let's consider something revolutionary next year as far as this weekend at VIR goes.

Bob

12. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
  13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

WTF?!?! THAT IS COOL!!!! I didn't know the camera in my car was rolling. :)

14. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

15. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    I've watched it three times already. Who is it? I think I know, maybe.

16. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Not a problem, the palms have been appropriately greazzzed. Was that your buddy Freefall's video? The motor sounded rather Chevy like to me. Cough, cough! Really cool video.

17. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    Definite not Italian as RPMs never got above 6500.

18. Bigpinekey

Bigpinekey Rookie

Oct 20, 2005
    Big Pine Key, NC
    Full Name:
    Jody Austin
    Yea, that was Freefall. That is an '03 Z06. He just installed the data overlay. It plugs into the OBDII port and gets the info from there and then interfaces with the camera. Pretty slick setup.

19. eclipse185

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Can you show me how to do that to a 360. Great video, but just think how much better it would be from a Ferrari. Of course I would have to edit out the RUF P-car passing me. Can't have anything pass a Ferrari. In fact, I can't even remember when I was passed on the track. Do you think that may have been due to the fact there was no passing in that run group?:)

20. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

A local F-car driver is looking at a more sophisticated telemetry system that combines these two technologies:

http://www.g2xtreme.com/

and

http://www.trackvision.net/

WAY beyond my track skillz, but sure seems like a nice setup.

VIR should be great fun again. I'm anxiously awaiting my exhaust components arrival (should be here tomorrow morning) :)

21. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    So is everybody staying @ Berryhill? How much of VIR will be open at night? Restraunt? Seems very nice to wake up and walk to the track. If I can figure out how to get them there may I bring more than one car?

Ken

22. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

The advantage of VIR lodge is proximity to the track. The advantage to Berry Hill is that we're having the banquet there, everyone else is staying there, and we'll talk about you (behind your back) if you're not there.

23. DMClark

DMClark Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dean Clark
    I've sent some e-mails about coming out to watch on Saturday and what not. Haven't heard anything back though.

24. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I will be out on Saturday to watch a little bit and im also bringing along my friend Jadie too since she wanted to see the cars.

25. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    I will not be there.