Tubi or Not Tubi - that is the question | FerrariChat

Tubi or Not Tubi - that is the question

Discussion in '360/430' started by Silverbullet, May 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Rookie
    BANNED

May 23, 2006
    Long story short - my wife is getting her F430 spider in the next few days and she has the option of getting a Tubi "GTC" system installed -

Her past experience with aftermarket exhausts (especially on convertibles) has been poor (i.e., lots of resonance, too loud, etc.)

The F430 exhaust has been touted as great and she is well aware of this.

The Tubi tips are beautiful as is the engine bay jewelry (so to speak).

But she has said flat out "NO!"

Thoughts?

2. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Don't listen to women when it comes to cars!

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I have to honestly say that you should drive the car first before you do anything . I believe the stock 430 exhaust is great sounding as is . If after driving yours you still think you need a tubi , then have at it . I haven't heard a 430 tubi , but i'm confident it also sounds great . There was a review in the 8/15/05 Autocar that spoke glowingly about the exhaust note of the 430 spider . You may want to reference that ,fwiw.

4. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Rookie
    BANNED

May 23, 2006
    Too funny - BUT it is HER car - so if I don't listen now (or have a compelling reason why not to) you know I will hear it ALL THE TIME going forward

5. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It seems like you like the tips? The tips are available seperately from what I remember. Perhaps a compromise that shall keep the man and woman happy. Imagine that ;)

6. Silverbullet

Silverbullet Rookie
    BANNED

May 23, 2006
    I like the way you think, but I think Tubi has it set up that it is either the whole system or nothing.

7. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have a Tubi exhaust system on my 360 spider. I listened to the standard, Capristo and Tubi - the Tubi was by far the best. I am also surprised at the lack of resonance while driving with the top down, however, you will continually hear (and enjoy) the engine sounds.

I have no experience with the sounds on the 430, so they may be completely different. The solution is really to listen to all of your options first and than make your decision.

Robert

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Tubi does make just the exit valves and tips, thinking getting them myself.

9. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    Tell her to get the tubi, if she doesnt like it, ill take the car off your hands.

10. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I pulled up some old invoices and we've sold just the Tips with valves and without valves.

The price is $3,100 for the tips with the valve.

$1,985 for the tips without the valve.

Availability:1-2 weeks.

Note that these are authentic Tubi, we buy all our Tubi from authorized dealers only.

Regards,
    Kevin

11. F430SilverArrow

F430SilverArrow Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    #11 F430SilverArrow, May 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Is this current pricing and availability?
    You know Fathers Day is coming!

13. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I highly highly recommend you having the dealer disconnect the valves and fix the secondaries open 100% of the time.
    I'm 52 and do not like obnixous loud, loved my 360 Tubi and love the OEM 430 exhaust. THey got it right out of the box!!
    The tips (visual) are another issue however.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Silverbullet - out of idle curiosity, do you know anyone by the username of deeroff?

deeroff also just happens to be waiting for a yet-to-arrive 430.

Did you just happen to have joined because you
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106079&page=3

Yeah, well, hey - methinks Clive nailed it. After all,

YOU BOTH JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE THE SAME IP ADDRESS.

15. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Oh God.. here we go again!

16. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'm getting the loud one they make and hope to have it right after June 1st. The stock exhaust sound is really a lot better than the 355 or 360 stock. The low idle is too quiet for me but running down the road at speed is good. I hate the cheap look of the tips on the stock unit. The tubi will be a big visual improvement and I like the loud sound. When I want a ride in a MB that is quiet I will take out the 600sl if the thing will start and run.
    My vote is do want the wife wants since it's her car.

17. deeroff

deeroff Karting
    BANNED

Jan 19, 2004
    Silverbullet is my brother - not surprising we share a name. Gotta give your brother some support, no?

Fact is the other guys are way off base. Interestingly, they won't take the challenge but keep digging and spinning. Seems they have a bunch of time on their hands to flame him, but won't stand up to the challenge. We are both passionate about cars - and he has access I don't have and vice versa.

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I see, so your brother's wife is getting a 430, and so are you.

And you all live together, just like on DALLAS.

Makes perfect sense now.

BTW, YOU were the one getting "flamed."

I'm off to bed, have fun, kids!

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practise to deceive! Sir Walter Scott

19. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    Wow, I love the muffler box too.
    Could you kindly estimate how much louder your tubis are over stock at idle, cruising and WOT?

20. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob

Good night Jimbob :D

21. spidermanUK

spidermanUK Formula 3

Feb 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Clive
    So you collectively have a Porsche Carrera GT, a Range Rover and 2 430s but you can't afford a 2nd computer? Or maybe you don't have enough power sockets in the trailer you all share?

It's interesting that your post starts in the 1st person, and continues in the 3rd person, are you writing these responses together? I suggest you ask Silverbullet to get off your lap as I understand that level of intimacy between siblings is only tolerated in the more rural parts of "The Deep South"!

I've enjoyed reading your posts Deeroff, both here and on 6speed, I particularly enjoyed these 2:

I can see why you're so important to the dealer with a buying history like yours!

And here's the other gem you posted, but this time on 6speed:
    Maybe you could share your "buying experiences" when purchasing executive jets, super-yachts and Caribbean Islands, as I know many of us can't wait to be educated as to what life is like in "the fast lane", or is it "life under the bridge with all the other Trolls"?

22. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    Come on Clive, let it go. You've totally decimated this guy's credibility before. Now you're stomping on an already squashed pile of worms :D.

Cheers!

23. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    #23 noahlh, May 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just picked up my 430 yesterday and had the dealer install the GTC exhaust....to be perfectly honest, I'm still mixed on the sound.

It's all so different from the 360 that I'm not sure if I just need to get used to the 430, the Tubi, or both, but it's VERY bassy....doesn't have that screech that our 360 with Tubi+test pipes has, and certainly sounds nothing like the classic Ferrari 355 sound that I love. We'll see.....I need to hear a stock exhaust and a regular tubi before i pass final judgement.

Either way, the system & tips look hot....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    You would prefer to have deeroff still telling of his "experiences" with F430's, etc?

As far as I'm concerned if deeroff continues to post unsupported claims he deserves what he gets.

Bravo Clive!

25. icon

icon Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    longboat key
    Full Name:
    jeff
    if you know they are one on the same how come both user names are still active?
    is it OK for one user to have multiple accounts?
    are the ip addresses he has used for access going to be monitored in the future?

did you see the emoticon he used? i think you are in agreement.