308 GTO for sale - EBAY | FerrariChat

308 GTO for sale - EBAY

Discussion in '308/328' started by spiderseeker, Jul 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donald

donald Karting

Aug 11, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Don
    Looks awesome on the outside, but that interior is sure ugly in my opinion. I am getting more and more tempted to put aftermarket wheels on my 328!

2. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
  3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That does that new Sears Battery seals the deal for me. Where is my checkbook? :)

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Price is way too high. Doesn't have the complete 288 conversion (Rear end, side, mirrors, etc) and no engine work. All it has is a new front spoiler and some new leather on the seats.

5. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    Read some of the questios at the bottom of the listing...seems he is trying to pass it off as a factory built " one off"

hmm...I smell fish

Steve

6. dfrace

dfrace Karting

May 6, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Darren
  7. icantdrv55

icantdrv55 Karting

Aug 13, 2005
    Hartfordish, CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #8 icantdrv55, Jul 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The auction claims that there's only 22,400 miles on the car, and if you go to his website: www.unclebach.com he also claims that there are ~22,000 miles on the car, but in the text on the website goes on to explain that he arrived at this figure by converting the odomoter reading (in kilometers) to miles.

Problem is, the speedo gauge is marked in MILES per hour, (the kilometers per hour reading is in small print in orange), so that makes the odomoter reading in MILES, no?

large, detailed pic at link, smaller pic attached.

http://unclebach.com/photogallery/ferrari/DSC_0163.JPG

So, either he's trying to pull a fast one, or he's just misguided. Hmmmm.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah
    Good catch!

That car needs a turbo and it would be sweet.

9. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    His optimism knows no bounds!

Isn't it interestng how selective reasoning seems always to work in the favor of the proponent?

The GTO is one of my favorite Fcars, and I actually like the 288/GTO kits. I read somewhere in another thread, "Has anyone tried this with a GT4?", and added that they thought the dimensions (wheel base, length, etc) were the close enough to work.

Anyone care to comment on that? It's an interesting idea, when you consider the current low cost of a GT4.

10. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    He has a bid of $50k on it. That's serious money for a 308 with a few GTO panels on it.

Ken

11. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    is this the same one that was in the ferrari parking across the street from Indy at usgp? if not, it's similar.

12. TURBOQV

TURBOQV Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2003
    NV and Utah

could be a phontom bid, ya never know?

13. SPEEDMAN WITHOUT LICENCE

SPEEDMAN WITHOUT LICENCE Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2006
    Charleroi Belgium
    Full Name:
    Stefaan Wauters
    Big chance it is...I don't see anybody paying that money for a modified 308...
    When I red the ad,I felt(personally spoken)that there is to many darkness and ignorance(or lies!!)in it....You can take a risk for an office chair at 30$,but not for a,well,288 without a roof lookalike,or whatsoever...I have driven one in my life a perfectly built 288 on a 308 GTB '76 base,all was there,exept the engine.Wheels,hubs,engine lid like the real ones,seats etc....I have pic's of it,but no digitals...When I find them back,I will post them....Maybe one day,I'll buy it....?
    Speedman