Purple it is! | FerrariChat

Purple it is!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by RumorDude, Jul 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    I have been thinking about this one for awhile now, what color to get for the 430. So today i went down to put in the order, and... with all the different car colors I've gone through -- green, yellow, blue, black, silver, white, red -- and was pretty keen on purple this go 'round. Actually that nice husky purple (no i didnt go to uw ever and dont care about their sports teams). But i like the color. For those who had seen my f355c, i'm talking the color the wheels were.

Of course the whole discussion about potential resale ability and all that came up shortly thereafter and then the infamous pushes towards various purply-blues, which just dont quite cut the mustard. In the end, the coin flip indicated that indeed purple fcars will be coming to seattle -- but what do you all think? This isn't some lambo vomit green or pumpkin orange, but a playfully rich color imho. Obviously the proof will have to be in one's own eyes, but anyway I'm excited which ultimately is all that matters i suppose. Until I decide to do away with it, in which case that'll be all that doesn't matter... So, speak up! What do you think?

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'm with you Kevin, do what pleases you, I find it interesting and fun to see Ferraris in various colors. Not sure what this purple will truly look like, but hats off to you for giving it a go!

My favorite color after red, is all the shades of blue that Ferrari offers.

Dave
    PS: My modest income requires me to stick with "resale red"... ;-)

3. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Excellent! Screw the advice about resale, and do what makes you happy now. Then go out and have fun in it.

But then, why would anyone take the advice of a nitwit who puts 20K miles on a Ferrari in a year? :)

4. Hammer

Hammer Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2006
    Portland - Seattle
    Full Name:
    RK
    Nothing wrong with purple, infact for some strange reason I'm a little partial towards it... Great Choice!

Hammer

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    It would be interesting to see how purple plays on the 430 shape. Nice to have another F-car in town that's not resale red.

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats on picking Enzo Ferrari's favorite color.

Very correct for the marque. Enzo's signature is authenticated by the purple ink, as he used that color exclusively. If you were in attendance at Ron Tonkin's collection earlier this year, you would have seen the actual Dino GTS that Enzo owned, and the color was purple.

7. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    #7 Willis360, Jul 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a picture of the Dino taken 2 years ago:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    holy crap that looks awesome. I dont have any pictures handy of the wheels on the 355, but i think it might be a bit darker or less sparkly. Anyway, i'm pretty excited. woot woot

9. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Wow, 20,000 miles in a year!!! That is AWESOME!!! Hey if you want to look at em it's a hell of a lot cheaper to buy a 1:18 scale model baby....... 20k is just HUGE!!!

And I like the idea of the Purple 430... Purple is the "color of Kings"...

10. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I had to brighten the picture a bit since the lighting at the Tonkin Collection was rather poor. It's a deeper purple in person.

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    YES YES YES get what makes you happy, hell you may not be alive when it comes time to sell it, live for now.

By the way that color is pretty darn close to the "PUKE" Lamborghini 1994 Diablo SE, only 9 ever made, one just sold for over $200K in the SE, so a LAMBO like color is not that bad a choice........

NOW if only the color made it go as fast as the LAMBOS........LOL LOL

JUST KIDDING, Have fun with it!!

12. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    Oh, i meant the vomit green color, not that lambos are all vomit. I'm referring to a specific green pastel color.

Now if they only made ferrari's I could plow the fields with!

13. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kevin, my first thought was "what the he!! are you thinking?!".

But then, the idea of an F430 that Enzo would approve of, well that's kinda cool. Then, seeing the Dino pic sold me. Go for it!

I think the Barney-Mobile will be a real statement of individuality.

BTW, no one knows why Enzo used purple ink -- one has to assume it was simply his favorite color...

14. Carluvr

Carluvr Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    USA all the way
    Do it if you like it, since "don't take life too seriously, since you won't live through it anyway".

15. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Good One...Cheers :)

Mike

16. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    my kids like it :) I'll pass on the polka dots though.

17. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    PRUGNA 308s look fantastic!
    not sure if you refer to that purple shade

I admire and respect people who go for UNRED Ferraris

18. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Roy has commisioned sales to the artist Lassen to paint Dolphins along the full length of a Lambo

Hats off on the bold venture

Like this one over in the 246 forum?

[​IMG]

19. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    There is an article in the recent Forza magazine about a 250 Lusso that was painted a deep purple. It looks pretty cool. I think purple would be a fitting color for the 430. It probably would show it off better than some of the standard colors.

20. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Barney HAS to be nearly here!!! Can't wait to see the pics -- you and the kids must be stoked!

You are going to definitely going to have one of the most original and unique F430's out there....

Oh, and BTW -- you are going to LOVE how the F430 drives compared to the 360....

21. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    actually i was told probably not until like february! So that means april... which i just in time for nice weather again! Apparently the extremely cool custom coloring (as opposed to stickers!) adds a bit of time.

Well, I've had an interesting assortment of drives of different F-cars, and there are two things I have noticed:
    1) each car drives really differently.
    2) the newer ones are a lot less finicky than the older ones.

I mean, not that spending ten minutes fighting the 328 transmission isn't pleasurable in it's own distinctive way, but they've been definitely improving. Besides, it's a ferrari - that's all part of the experience, isn't it?

22. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    True dat!

Can't wait to see the new ride when it gets here -- I'm surprised that it's taking so long though. Anyway, as long as it's here in time for spring/summer ... that'll be when you'll enjoy it most...

23. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Oooohhhh good one. Touche'

24. RumorDude

RumorDude Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Woodinville, WA
    i just got the paint sample. it is really really nice. If you can envision the 355 wheels, again it is that color purple (!), so it is pretty heavy on the blue side. But there's 'something special' about it when you give it a lot of light. It is wicked cool. Don't worry, it will be okay to be jealous when it gets here. ;)

25. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Cool -- post up a pic!!!!!