SOLD! | FerrariChat

SOLD!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Aug 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Did not get one serious call from Ferrari Market letter classified or Ferrari ads.com, Got over 10 calls the first week when listed in Autoweek.Had offers at $125,000, $130,000...declined them...on tuesday this week I got a call from North Carolina.and accepted an offer of $150,000.
    Its an emotional thing , like letting go of a friend forever, However! I am consolidating and getting ready for my next F car....Hopefully an F40 or 288 GTO or a 550 Barchetta.I guess I will be changing my avatar soon.....
    This Boxer was my 10th Ferrari in the past 20 years so I go on knowing that I will have another soon, However I will miss this rare example forever.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Congrats on the sell.Your Boxer must be in concours condition to bring that kind of price!

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

we will miss you michael. please have the new owner update tour owners list so that we can keep it as current as possible.

btw, resist the 550 as i really don't think it will do what you need. mid engine machines just have a special feel...especially those of an older vintage.

a goat or f-40 would be the choice. or go muira or ct if you would consider a lambo.

congrats and best to you!!!

peter

4. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

5. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Thats a good price for a BBi, good luck with whatever you buy next.

Wonder if the next owner will drive the car but I doubt it to keep the miles down.

FWIW I wouldn't take $150k for my BB as to what could I replace it with for the same amount of $$

6. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

I am the Antzy type....I brought that car up to the highest level I could, there was nothing left to do to it...1/2 of the enjoyment I recieve from ownership is actually working on a car, improving it,Locating parts etc... I drove it, I showed it, and now I turned a buck on it....,Wish I could keep it and get another,no can do.....To me its like a Hobby Business as all the other F cars I had I did the same...I look foward to a new challenge.

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Michael,

I hate to see it go, but what a great job you did on marketing and getting the top $$ for your wonderful Boxer.

You should report your sale to FML and Cavallino. That will help bump their Boxer pricing charts up for the rest of us.

Best of luck finding your next toy! I would love to own an F40 or 288 GTO too.

Gary

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I noticed your ad in Autoweek as well!!!

Congrats on getting Top Money!

But as they say, time may prove it an excellent buy for the new owner, as well!!!

Good hunting on the new one!

Alan

9. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    It was only a matter of time as your heart is/was with the 288GTO! Congratulations Michael, and keep me updated and we'll plan a run around your new car..

10. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Congratulations Michael, and keep me updated and we'll plan a run around your new car..[/QUOTE]

Now we're talking!

11. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Well Michael I'll be the first to say it.....I am a monkey's uncle !!!

12. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Comment Date: August 7, 2006

$155K....LOL !!!

------------------------------
    We must outright reject the idea that every time a law is broken, that society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

Thats what U B....

13. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have set the stage for all you Boxer owners, for now you can reference my sale as the fair Market, I would appreciate a commision check from the next 5 guys that sell their Boxers above $150,000.00

14. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Well done Michael, I guess there is more upside in the US market as they can no longer be imported, however prices are rising here too for well maintained cars with reasonable miles. A 78 512BB has just appeared for sale in the UK at 77k sterling, and the ex King Hussein 512BB sold at auction for over 150k sterling.
    Steve

15. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    A couple of corrections: Boxers can be imported into the US. Also the ex- King Hussein Boxer was a 365 BB.

16. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Excuse my ignorance, with regard to the ex-King Hussein car, it was a boxer and and here in Europe all models of the BB are fairly closely aligned, with condition and mileage having the greatest effect on value. If anything the 365BB is less saleable than the 512 in Europe.
    I was under the impression that a BB that was never registered in the US could not now be imported. Is this not the case?
    Steve

17. SLOT RACER

SLOT RACER Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Full Name:
    Rich A.
    MICHAEL,

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR FUTURE FINDINGS OF A 288 GTO. WHEN YOU GET IT
    THEN YOU COULD MAKE A RUN WITH THE BOXER GUYS. YOUR SALE COULD
    VERY WELL BE LOOKED BACK ON AS THE TURN POINT FOR FUTURE UPSIDE
    OF BOXERS PRICE IN NEAR FUTURE HERE IN THE STATES.

RICH A.

18. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    I should probably make one clarification. Any car that is 25 or more years old can be legally imported into the US without DOT and EPA modifications. Therefore, the 1982 through 1984 Boxers are not yet importable unless they have been previously imported with DOT and EPA releases. However, by 2009 all Boxers will qualify.

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    For that reason I was able to score my boxer being an 82, it was between myself and an american that wanted the car. He couldnt import it until jan07 so I got it. Canada doesnt give a crap and mine has never been DOT modified as well. Im glad Michael got $150K, thats fantastic for all boxer owners. Now the question in my mind is what effect does the DOT mod's have on price? I personally only wanted a Euro unmodified version and is more valuable to me than a converted one.

P