Argento | FerrariChat

Argento

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by steve f, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Been watching this new member for a while he is the famous STEVE 275 and also SEB KING the doctor who was dragging people out of the tube when the bombs went off whats he doing back on here

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  3. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Steve / Tony

There is an ip match between argento and the old seb king accounts it resolved to the IP address of a large corporation's web proxy, we (the moderators) asked for an explanation from argento and recieved a plausable one which was backed up by the email address the response was sent from (loony hoaxers don't tend to have access to the email of the person their pretending to be), we also asked for a picture of his 550's chassis plate, a current publication (paper magazine etc) and something with the days date on it...........we received the pic within 30 mins of asking for it!

If you have any further info that Argento - Steve is somebody else please forward it onto Tom, Andy or Myself :)

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i have read all his posts everthing reads the same as steve 275 posted in the old days

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hmmm...Argento has been hanging in Boxer Section...he has a big list of engine and VINs......

Don't remember much about that other cat.....Steve275

I've had to piggyback thru a big proxy server at work...is that where the IP number comes from? I have another computer at Lady Valeria's house....

'Morning gents!

6. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I drew this to the attention of the FChat mods some while back. Argento/Steve275/Boxer512/Seb King/Steven Pickering was trying to join the Ferrari historian group I belong to. He claimed to own a Daytona that I happened to know belonged to someone else and a 330 GTC (ex-Pete Waterman) that I happened to have seen only a short time before at Goodwood Breakfast Club. Since Argento/Steven Pickering gave his address as near Nottingham it seemed unlikely he would drive down to Goodwood for breakfast. I contacted Graham who gave me an IP address for Seb King and then contacted the UK FChat mods. While they were investigating I watched Argento edit his profile and remove the Daytona from his profile (which shows the/a 330 GTC as previously owned). AndrewG asked Argento to provide a pic of his 550 with proof of the date and I understand he sent him a pic of a 550 VIN plate with date in shot (not too hard if you're handy to a Ferrari dealer or know someone that owns one) along with a story about how one of his disgruntled employees had been Steve275/Boxer512 etc. (why you would post on a Ferrari forum in that way because you were a disgruntled ex-employee, I'm not entirely clear).

Having said that, of course, I have seen some of the evidence (claim to own Daytona etc.) that Andrew and co. did not see. They also, I suspect, were not around at the time of the Steve275/Boxer512 goings on and so will not recognize the style of the 'I've got a very large database' posts. All this is a great shame because the poster in question clearly has a great deal of knowledge and if they would only come clean and be honest would be a welcome addition to the forum.

Jonathan

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    mr tremlett has posted a very interesting post on club scuderia hope he posts it on here

looks like he has

8. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Jonathan, yes I do remember the steve 275 boxer 512 thing, although I really don't take notes - mental or otherwise of peoples writing style

As I'm sure you'll agree given the email I received from Steve Pickering (from his corporate email account...... I even traced it to his corporate mail servers.....so not a spoofed account) whilst it is all a bit odd he has provided what we asked for as proof. have you asked for further proof....maybe a scanned copy of his V5, and is the argument that argento isnt Steve Pickering? or that Steve Pickering is "seb""boxer" et al

Should we be banning people because we have an inkling they are going to cause trouble? if so there would be a number of people banned from Fchat already ;)

The problem as I see it is do we ban a knowledgeable productive member of this forum based on information gained from a secrative forum only a few people have access to, due to comments and posts on yet another forum?

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    he pretended to be a doctor and everybody praising him for going over after the tsuami thing he also reckoned he was treating people at the london tube station bombing we dont need sicko's on here it is a ferrari site

10. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Innocent until proven guilty Mr F

Jonathan, could you find out via the FOC who owns Ferrari 550 Maranello Chassis number 108775.....if it's not Steve Pickering I'll ban argento ASAP

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    dont worry the american fchat lot will suss him out they did the fist time when he lost half a million quid on a deal

12. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Andrew,

I accept your point of view. To me, whether or not he actually owns a 550 (which I very much doubt) is irrelevant. The question is whether or not this is an alter ego of a user that has been twice permanently banned from FChat. If so, then clearly that should be deemed unacceptable and he should be banned again, regardless that the posts under Argento have been a little lower profile than previously and have not thus far, as far as I know, included claims to be treating terror victims etc. and arranging meets in the USA to which he hasn't turned up.

Telaio is no more a secretive forum than the mods forum on here. It is just that not everyone has access :). I accept that I had more information in reaching the conclusion I did than you have had available to you.

Should you be banning people because you have an inkling they are going to cause trouble? No. Should you be banning someone because the evidence suggests they are a previously banned user? Yes. Whether you think that this case is the latter or not is, of course, down to your interpretation of the evidence. You know my view!

Jonathan

13. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Unfortunately, I don't have anything on that car, but I have been keeping an eye out!

Jonathan

14. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Jonathan

I'll happily ban if anybody can come up with something more conclusive than the use of a corporate proxy (with hundreds of users)

15. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    How about if I get Peter to pm you a copy of the details he provided to Telaio which include claimed ownership of the other two cars (Daytona and 330 GTC) which have been conclusively disproved? You can add to that that SteveF has independently recognized his posting style and consider also Argento's claim to you that someone from his company was impersonating him previously etc. etc.

Jonathan

16. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG

Good idea, I've sent you a pm already :)

Just don't want to ban somebody without conclusive evidence

17. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Who? never heard of him? where does he post?

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  19. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Mostly in the vintage and boxer sections.....very rarely in the UK section

20. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
  21. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    OK thanks mate so is he that other Steve?

22. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Steve, Tony and Jonathan seem to think so, I'm still undecided as he sent me the pics of his car and it chassis plate so he obviously either does have a 550 or has easy access to one (pic came back 30 mins after I asked for it!)

If he is dodgy steve and admits it I think we should leave him alone as he does seem to know his stuff

23. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Sounds OK to me.

24. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

Guys, the fact that he provided the pictures of the chassis plate of the 550. is that not good enough just to let him be?

25. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Matty personaly it is for me, but as one of the UK's mods I've got to hear both sides of the argument.