Old family Ferrari photos | FerrariChat

Old family Ferrari photos

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by pgb67, Nov 7, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    Hi Everyone,
    Anybody interested in seeing some old family photos? My Dad owned 250 Monza 0442M in 1964 Which I've got some pictures of back then. He also owned a 250 SWB 1741 GT in 1969 which I have lots of pictures. The SWB when he bought it had been flipped at I think Limerock. He and a friend put it back together over a year or two with lots of interesting stories. Here's the problem, I'm new at this and don't know how to post the pictures. If anyone cares to see the pics how about some posting tips. Thanks.

2. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    Yes please!

3. MJarrettR

MJarrettR Formula 3

Apr 14, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jarrett Rothmeier
    I assume that this is the son of Peter Burroughs. I know that many of us would be interested in seeing the photos. If you want, I would be happy to post them on your behalf just email them to me :

[email protected]

Or if when you go to create a new post, just below the text box when you enter you message is a secion called "Additional Options". Here you hit the "Manage Attachments" button. A window will pop up and you can upload each photo. However, to post the photos on FChat each photo will need to be 800x800 pixels or smaller, so if they are big files that you've scanned in they will need to be resized. If that sounds like its way over your head, please feel free to email me. All the best

-Jarrett

www.scuderia.cc

4. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    I guess that makes your dad John Delamater then. And agreed, that is one very significant car

5. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    The Monza my dad owned when he was about 18 or 19 years old. He's got lots of great stories bombing around NY. He sold the car for $2800.00 because he said that my sister and I liked eating. Oh well. The funny part is the last time it was restored the engine came though our shop in Long Island and I built the engine.

6. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    You guys are good.
    Peter Jr.

7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Thats about as cool as it can get.

8. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    I guess in 1964 it was.

9. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Well it is today too. Your dad did what he had to do for his family. It's easy today to put a monetary value on that decision. If I were you I wouldn't.
    Your right in the middle of some very cool Ferrari history.

10. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    Just for the record I could care less about the money. I've been fortunate enough to grow up around these cars so they are in my blood. I have been lucky enough to do tons of machine work and engine assembly work on lots of vintage v12s. We currently own and drive a 330GTC and a 246GT. The GTC is on its way back together from a complete restoration. When I figure out how to post the pics I would be happy to share them.

11. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I was lucky enough to be present when Bill Serri showed up at the 97 FCA National meet in DC in this car. He drove it down from New Jersey early the morning of the Concours wearing a beret and goggles. I have pictures somehwere - it had the some of the biggest carbs I've ever seen.

12. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    #13 pgb67, Nov 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    I guess I got it out thanks more to come soon. This was taken in Manhasset, NY 1964. Thats Peter Burrows Sr.

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Hey

Great photo!! Thanks for sharing.

Best

15. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Peter,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful slice of history and the picture of a very beautiful car. I look forward to hearing more of your and your father's stories and seeing more pictures.

Regards,

Art S.

16. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    #17 pgb67, Nov 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    Yours Truly

18. pgb67

pgb67 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2006
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    PGB
    Lots more to come I'm having trouble resizing the pics and keeping them on the screen complete, any advice?

19. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    Best way to resize - at least that I know of - is to use MS Outlook to do it.

Right-click on the pictures, and select Send To --> Mail Recepient. Then a menu pops up and asks if you want to resize or keep the same size.

Once you choose resize - a new email message pops up - just copy the pictures from there and paste them somewhere else like a new folder.

20. R33

R33 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    Kent,UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Creed
    Fantastic photo's. Thanks for sharing the history. I particularly like the one with Mr B Sr standing proudly by the car. Great shot and vivid colour too.

Ps. You can also resize photos in "Paint". Just click on image in the top bar, then sketch/skew and adjust size % equally height and width. Normally about right for web pages when the image takes up about 3/4 of the page in paint in full view.

21. C'one

C'one Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    France
    Ditto! :)

22. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
  23. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003