Sports Cars of Atlanta | FerrariChat

Sports Cars of Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jeffng65, Nov 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffng65

jeffng65 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Anybody ever use Sports Cars of Atlanta, 1195 Menlo Drive, for service? I need to get my '93 348 ts SS major service done soon and was exploring options other than the dealer. So far though they are not that impressive; never answer the phone and they never called me back after several messages. Thanks!

http://www.sportscarsofatlanta.com/

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Try Evan Ross,

He is the best mechanic I have had with the 9 Ferraris I owned including 3 348's. PM for his number. He works in Duluth.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

3. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    My understanding is that Ron Reineke the head of the service department and maybe the only chief mechanic has left and gone to Shelton.

He is very good.

Ron told me that he would be doing a limited amount of work for Sports cars of Atlanta.

If they do not respond I would use the other recommendations you get like Terry Girome, Jim Weed and Evan Ross.

4. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    I highly recommend Evan Ross. He has been working on my Ferraris, my previous 308GTBi and my current 355B, for over 6 years. Excellent!

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ron is now in Florida, working on Maserati's... I think he has been gone for about a month or so.... not sure whats happening with SCA....

6. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    crap.. Ron was the guy I trusted on my Bosch K tronic injection system . he was the only one I knew who could get it to pass emissions..

darn.

Now, who can I get to pay off the emission guys to manipulate the emission system to get my car to pass while I adjust the mixture while my car is on the dyno ?

any ideas ?

does Evan know old Bosch systems ?

Brian

7. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Brian,

Evan knows a lot, I would call him if I were you.

Stephane

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If Ron has indeed left town, I need to find a new mechanic to work on my 328.

Do any of the three men mentioned have more 328 experience than the others? How does their availability compare? The rate they charge for service? And what parts of town do they work in? I've got a 60,000 mile service (minus the timing belt/tensioner job) coming due very shortly.

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Jim,

Evan is $80 an hour, but well worth the money. Call him he will give you a straight up quote on your 60K service, much cheaper than FOA"s or any other I am sure. He knows about all the older Ferraris, and he is in Norcross on Peachtree Ind BLVD.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I liked Ron too. I hate that he is gone but I guess that's good news for Evan. I guess I'll be seeing him in the next year or so for the 100,000 mile service with belts.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thanks for the advice, Stephane. So how would I get in touch with him?

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Here it is Jim,

Evan Ross (404) 610-3744 Cell

Stephane

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Try Jim Weed at Dr Hondaa in Tucker,Ga. He was once the service manager at FAF and has a couple of the old timer FAF mechanics working for him. They have worked on my Boxer, 348, 330,TR,400 and 328 before and I have always been pleased. Jim is also an A&P aircraft mechanic and really knows his stuff...For older cars, try Mike Gorley of Contenital Coachworks in Conyers,Ga. He only works on older carburated cars for the most part, although he does work on several race cars including a couple of BB512LMs. He always has a neat old Ferrari or two in his shop. In the old days he used to host FCA technical Saturdays where he would point out service,tunning and repair procedures...

14. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    Tommy, do you really have near 100 k miles on that car of yours ?

Brian

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    98,000+ right now.
    How about that