Ferrari shop in Tuscon | FerrariChat

Ferrari shop in Tuscon

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by de993, Nov 8, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Does anybody know of a reputable Ferrari service shop in the Tuscon area?

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Not to my knowledge. Many cars get trucked up to the Phoenix area for service.

BTW, it is T U C S O N

3. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If the car go's to Phoenix call Jeff Leblond.

4. Roklobster

Roklobster Rookie

Oct 7, 2006
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I havn't used them but

Dearing Automotive is on Ft. Lowell. They work on exotics and Ferrari's ...I just picked up a 1979 308 and went to them for advice.. they recommended a full service on the car 7500 plus....so I am getting it dialed in myself with the help of some friends who have shops here.

What year is your ferrari... I have a friend with a new 360 and he takes it to Phx. only. to the Ferrari dealer in Scottsdale.

I met Robert Dearing yesterday at his shop and he was very helpful and knowledgeable. They got me on the defensive when they suggested an 8k major but said they could do a belt service for 2500.. Going to do that when I get the distributors dialed in and a few other items up to speed.

Only downside is long wait times.. He said it would be mid feb. before I could get the belt service done.

Would love to know some other F'car owners in Tucson

Rok

5. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    It is actually not for myself, we just sold our 1978 308 GTS to a gentleman who lives in Tucson :( I thought I would try to help him out. Thanks for the recommendations. I will pass them along.

6. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Bob Dearing serviced my 355 and he is currently working on my 993 Porsche. Good guy with integrity. Ferrari Service ain't cheap so know this going in. He is very competitive and works on cars from CA and New Mexico so he must be doing something right.

7. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    I had the engine light come on in my F430 and instead of taking it all the way up to Scottsdale, I called up Dearing Automotive. When I got there, Bob Dearing came out and we had a nice chat about his business, cars, etc. He personally checked out the engine light and reset the computer while I waited. Nice guy with a good business in Tucson. For non-warranty work, I'd definitely give Bob a call.

8. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    FYI, thanks guys! My brother-in-law is looking for a Tucson shop to service the mint 1987 Porsche 930 which has been in our family for about 12 years.

9. AronAZ

AronAZ Karting

Jul 13, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    nerd - for Porsche service, I have a friend that will only take his Porsches to Chuck at Redline in Tucson. Has used him for years with various 911's and 944.

$0.03

10. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Thanks for the reference, I'll pass it along!