599 Interior Advice | FerrariChat

599 Interior Advice

Discussion in '612/599' started by Fred32097, Nov 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #1 Fred32097, Nov 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am ordering a 599 in black. I am thinking of doing the interior in tan with black piping, stitching and inserts. The carpet, dash, and steering wheel would be black. This is a great combination in a 430 but I haven't seen enough 599 interiors to know how this would look in the new car. I would appreciate input from those who have seen the 599 in various combinations.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    That looks great, I think you would be very happy with that set-up.

My dream Ferrari however would be black exterior with Burgandy (dark red) seats with black stitching/piping/inserts. Black Carpet and steering wheel, and the dash would we black on the top and Burgandy on the bottom and the red tach.... ;)

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  4. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    #4 AEHaas, Nov 19, 2006
  5. truman bond

truman bond Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2006
    Some might say that when in doubt on such a long lasting choice, erring in the side of understated always tends to have the longest appeal - that may of course contradict the prancing horse's essence, but perhaps the 599 can handle that aspect all on it's own, so to speak...

Bottom line 'trust your gut'.

6. fun-meter

fun-meter Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis
    Im not sure on having the Black piping and inserts, but i think thats personal taste. Black exterior with Cream / Tan interior, Black sitching, Black dash board, Black wheel, Carbon Fiber extras and Black carpets is quite a nice combination. Suttle colours (compared to Rosso), but looks excellent.

The demo car this year at Goodwood Festival of Speed was like that. Below is the only picture i have of the interior (but with me in the car). If you search for photos from that event you might find some more.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/fun-meter21/Goodwood%20FOS%2006/good3.jpg

I've got a few other pictures of 599s in Black with Cream, / Tan interiors, but you can only see that from the outside. The only other Black exterior combination i have seen is with a Red interior. All the other 599s I have seen myself and on the internet are in different exterior colours (Corsa, Grigio, TDF...), with a mixture of interior colours.

Hope this helps :)

7. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    My 599 is rosso scuderia with tan interior. I think the combination you have in mind will look great if you don't mind it being a bit busy. For my personal taste, I am glad to have plain tan interior as there is more than enough black in the carbon, dash, sports seats etc.

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't think piping is a good fit on the racing seats.

You should special order the diamond quilt pattern for the seat inserts, rear bench, and headliner, and do reverse stitching (black on beige, beige on black). That would look awesome.

9. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    With such a light colored dash, how was the glare in the windshield?

10. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Dan, when we order mine, it will have the diamond stitch. Black with yellow stitching. Full Carbon. Can we do the diamond on the sports seats?

Chris

11. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    It's special order, but absolutely.

The racing seats are the only seat available in the 599, which can be ordered with Daytona trim on them.

12. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As the owner of the car in your pic, I obviously am rather fond of that particular combination. I don't think it would work as well on the 599 simply because I don't think it'll work well with the racing seats (I think the piping will look odd on the racing seats, but I think the stitching/inserts will look great). If I could do the car again, I would probably order sabbia instead of the tan -- it really complements the black (nero daytona in my case) much better.

13. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I visited the dealer today and their advice was the same as yours with regard to black piping. They also recomended only stitching and inserts. They had a car on the floor in rosso corsa with tan, no inserts, stitching, or piping. It was fantastic. The people who like red have nothing to fear ordering this car in their favorite color. The car is a knock out in red. The standard wheels also look much better than they show in pictures. Your advice on sabbia is appreciated.

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    At night time there is no glare.
    During the day just wear polarized sunglass and the glare disappears

15. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    #15 tx246, Nov 21, 2006

i have sabbia interior with black piping, etc and love it. i was a bit worried that it would show marks and scrathes but hasn't. only a few minor scuffs that aren't color related.