No Reserve 355 Spyder on eBay... | FerrariChat

No Reserve 355 Spyder on eBay...

Discussion in '348/355' started by jmiff348, Jan 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Damn!!! Where were these 355's when I was looking for one??? All it needs so far are three lug bolts (two right side, one left side). ;)

2. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    Good eyes Goth. Kinda makes you wonder how many "other" bolts it might be missing! :D:D Although the pics aren't the greatest, the car really doesn't look bad. If it goes anywhere near that opening bid, it could be a steal for someone...

3. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    You're right! That opening price is in 348 territory. If I had not already bought mine, I would definately be looking into this one. :cool:

4. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    With you on that. Can't have 'em all though I suppose. :(

5. rabenoja

rabenoja Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Romeo
    I think he has wheel locks. One on each wheel.

6. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    When I was looking I didn't look too closely at personal ads on Ebay. Too many unknowns that need to be answered before the auction close. Can you place a bid contingent on passing PPI? And then would still need to qualify what 'passing' means. It is good to make contact with someone who's selling a car, then take time to do the background check right.

7. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    No they are missing....just look at the "supersize" pics. One would think he would need more than three wheel locks! :eek:

8. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    You'd definitely want to do a thorough background check and ask a million questions. It's my understanding that once you place a bid on ebay, you are bound by it "legally" (of course it's up to the seller to enforce it). I believe most (especially licensed dealers) selling this type of car would help coordinate a PPI before the auction close.

9. rabenoja

rabenoja Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Romeo
    Yeah, just looked at it again...I didn't see the pic of the rim with all of the bolts in place. oops...

Wonder if someone was trying to take his rims or something...