Which Interior Is Best | FerrariChat

Which Interior Is Best

Discussion in '612/599' started by Fred32097, Jan 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I am about to finalize an order for a 599 and was ordering it in bright silver. An Italian gentleman in the F display at the Detroit Auto Show recomended Nero Daytona with Couio which sounds sharp and I imagine he's seen a lot more 599's than I have. I would appreciate any opinions on these color choices and the best interior colors for each. Pictures would also be appreciated.

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Mine (March completion) is Nero D with Burgundy...

3. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I would highly recommend cuio. I would get Nero with Cuio and sport seats, but thats just me.

4. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    #4 410SA, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If you are getting it in Silver, then id recommend getting Bordeaux leather.

6. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I'll second the bordeux that or nero.

7. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    #7 TheBigEasy, Jan 20, 2007
  8. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I know this is OT, but does the 599 come with the RPM shift lights in the top of the steering wheel like the Enzo has?

9. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Yes

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #10 WCH, Jan 20, 2007
    The shift lights are an option, and the lights - of course - only work at the high end of the rev range.

This is grigio silverstone over black and couio. 410s car looks like it has a slightly lighter tan? Couio by another name would be "saddle." I have to say that I have seen quite a few 599s in grigio silverstone and nero - bright silver might be a welcome change! Good luck, you'll love the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I also thought silver might be good for a change. I have had two cars in Nero but it is an excellent choice and a safe one. If I used silver with burgundy should the carpets be burgundy or black? I had considered black or dark blue interiors with silver. Is there a tan that goes with it? Thanks for all the suggestions and photos.

12. fun-meter

fun-meter Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis
  13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  14. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Do you have a picture of the piping on the seat back and the headrest?

15. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    As for the carpet color, I prefer black for practical reasons. I also like to have the top of the dash black, to reduce glare.

I seriously considered burgundy instead of tan for my interior; I think the combination would look great.

Before ordering this car, I felt that the combination of piping and inserts was too busy; I like the way it turned out here, though.

16. quattro

quattro Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Daniel Kelly
    Easiest way to answer this thread is simply, whichever one you enjoy the most. If you are buying the car for yourself than who cares if its the most off the wall combination that everyone else hates. Its your money, its your taste, and it will be your beautiful car. Get what you love!!!

17. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    #18 furmano, Jan 20, 2007
    Have you seen Narsharty's F430? Check it out below. Grigio Silverstone w/ Cuoio.

If you squint you can see how it would look in a darker color a la Nero. Personally I think Cuoio is a richer color for leather than tan, but unfortunately I'm not the one making that decision.

Don't forget your caliper color.

-F

18. RedBarchetta

RedBarchetta Karting

Nov 3, 2006
    SF, CA.
    agree

with nero carpets that should look very nice. Bordeaux shouldn't be paired with to many exterior colors, but silver or a gray works nice imho.

599 is such a beautiful car. I am sure you are excited :)

19. paardekracht

paardekracht Rookie

Nov 3, 2005
    That's it. The black 599 with the beige interior is the most beautiful car ever.

20. Fred32097

Fred32097 Karting

Apr 6, 2005
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Your pictures of the interior raise very important issues for people ordering a 599. At least they were a big help to me. Thanks for posting them. What you do with color on the A and B pillars, windshield frame, rear shelf, and the wall behind the seats makes a huge difference in the car. I assume if the buyer opts for couio on the pillars and frame the door goes all couio and loses the black accent. Of course, the dash and wheel are also important but a little more obvious. Your car would have a very different look if these parts of the interior were Couio instead of black. Both choices would be great but very different looks. Thanks for helping me see the choices more clearly. Your car if fantastic and I appreciate you taking time to share it with the rest of us.

21. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Your car would have a very different look if these parts of the interior were Couio instead of black."

Fred, exactly right, and that's a critical point. To get it just right, you have to know where each section of leather begins and ends. We ended up faxing a sketch of the interior to FNA - my dealer had a line drawing of the interior, and we drew arrows on it to show which bits were to be tan, and which were to be black. Ferrari delivered exactly what I ordered, everyone was very helpful, especially (here comes the plug) my salesman Ralph Cestero, and the always wonderful Mary Curtis, both of FoW. The extra charges were about $1000, as I recall. Glad I could help - good luck with your car.

22. kx5fast

kx5fast Karting

Jul 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    RP
    #23 kx5fast, Jan 21, 2007
    We also were in a quandary as to what combo's of what pieces would work. I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop (which you can tell if you look close that I am rookie to the n'th degree) and then sent the final versions to the dealer with our 599 order last month.

I assume there will be no question as to what the interior should look like, at least the cannot screw up a picture.

Right?

Right?

(sigh, can you tell the headliner is supposed to be Sabine, or will it end up Bordeaux)

Rod (BTW, the car will be Rubino)

23. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    RP - nice detail touches on the center console.

24. fun-meter

fun-meter Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis
    I use photoshop for enchancing images etc..., but I've never used it like an airbrush / design sort of style - how did you do that (out of curisoity)?

Cheers