NEW MECHANIC IN TOWN for L.A. & valley area! | FerrariChat

NEW MECHANIC IN TOWN for L.A. & valley area!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Steve R, Jan 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    #1 Steve R, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guys,

Some many month ago I had posted yet another one of my typical rants whereby I encouraged owners to report bad mechanics/shops openly on the forum...together we can help eachother avoid bad shops AND reward good shops. Like a Better Business Bureau of our own. Accountability is a big thing.

Since that time I have met and come to know a gentlemen mechanic by the name of Damian Forbes, he owns/runs Fusion Motor Sports and I feel it's high time we expose this incredible guy for what he is: an honest, hard-working, eager-to-please talented mechanic!!! :)

First-off, Damian did not ask me to post this nor did he give me any special break in exchange for word-of-mouth, hardly; I had to practically beg him to let me take his picture and he was nervous & uncertain about me posting this, but we SoCaler's are a tight group and I feel he deserves some kind words.

Damian is a factory-trained technician and has worked on cars his entire life, he is equally familiar and at home with a modern Ferrari or well working on Craig's 400 (or whatever the hell that ancient beast is:)). I've seen him turning wrenches on million-dollar rare Ferrari's as well. He's also subcontracted by Auto Gallery as well, so who knows....perhaps he's worked on your car already!

When Damian found a broken component in my top's frame, he didn't buy the new part (at $2,000 + mark-up), he instead had a fabrication shop weld it using stronger metal & welding techniques...that alone saved me a couple thousand dollars. He talked me out of changing a slightly worn mount and a few other things: he's not about sell-sell-sell, he's about customer satisfaction and doing people right! If you're not happy, he's devastated.

When he worked on my car, it was masked with special tape and well protected by several thick tarps. All cars remain in the shop at night with a night guardsman...not out in the lot or tightly packed with other cars nearby.

Damian also took care of a lot of other things, most of which he tinkered with at no charge. He returns all phone calls, gives you updates and even sends email pictures. He has racing experience and really brings a lot to the table. I also enjoy his attitude, he's happy to answer questions, explain how things work and offer alternatives and ideas...no arrogance or attitude like some of the other shops.

You will never be told the part was replaced when it wasn't. You will never be sold more services then you need.....he's not a sales-manager looking to produce & harvest you. I sincerely feel Damian genuinely wants his customers to be happy, satisfied and drive away with a sense of confidence that he worked on your car with the same care & attention that you yourself would do (if we had the skills).

Accordingly, I FULLY endorse this man and can whole-heartedly put my vote of confidence in his service. Over the course of the last couple months Damian has more then earned this thread. Integrity, honestly and skill...enjoy!! :)

Damian Forbes
    Fusion Motor Sports
    20715 Dearborn St.
    Chatsworth, Ca, 91311
    Ph.818-773-9636. Cell 818-521-2332

Oh....his English accent is included at no additional charge!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    It's nice to find someone who actually takes pride in their work and goes the extra mile to build their clientbase.

Sounds like a keeper! :)

3. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I think it's a great idea to post great mechanics on this board! I am glad you found an honest one, they are truly few and far between. The word spreads quick. He will busier than heck very soon.

One question.....

Who knows more about/who has installed/uninstalled more exhaust systems, you or damian? :D

PS: can't wait to hear your car when it's all done. Heck, maybe the exhaust will stay on the car for more than a month or two.

..................?Are you familiar with X-OST? :)

4. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Damien has also supported all of the charity events..... from the CHP Events to the Motor4toys events. Thanks Damien.

D

5. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Who would have thought that one man's obsession with finding the right exhaust would also be another man's means to fund his daughters college tuition? :) :) :)

Yeah, Damian took off the Capristo and then installed the CS exhaust, then took off the CS exhaust and just put on the Larini.

It's cool, I had Damian install quick-disconnects on all the rear components so that we can swap exhaust almost as easy as.....CHANGING YOUR FAVORITE WATCH DEALER. ;)

6. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

Did you already order the X-OST system Since your car is now plugNPlay ? ;)

7. KraigG

KraigG Formula 3

May 25, 2006
    Willow Springs
    Full Name:
    Kraig
    Yeah, Damian's a great guy. My so-called "ancient beast" is running better now than ever-and I'm still putting an average of 1000 miles a month on it!

8. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    I dunno....I'll have to spin the "wheel of exhaust" to see which flavor comes up for this month.

9. team360

team360 Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bell Canyon, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott Platt
    Diffinitely give him a try, he has done a great job helping me upgrade and setup my new 430. (lowering & alignment, hyperflow cats, capristo exhaust, and trimming rear fender arches 1/8" for larger wheels)

10. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    Something wrong with Steve's camera. I am much taller, better looking and have more hair. Thanks for the kind words,but you forgot to mention about me walking on water in my spare time !!!
    Just hoping to treat every one as I would want to be treated.
    Thanks

11. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Well how about opening a shop in LA?

12. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'm impressed by what I've heard so far, but what about older models, say 1989 328 GTS? Much experience with these older 308/328 models?

Jeff

13. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    PM me with your info, I will sent a truck to pick up the car for you. We transport cars from all over so LA is no problem.

14. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    When I started on F-cars 308QV's where in production, Just finnished a 67 275GTB/4, have 2 1956 250GT Boano's in the shop now, got a 365GTC/4 coming Monday, had 250 GTO's and an F430 yesterday. How old new can we get. Happy to help anyone I can.

15. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thank you, I'll keep you in mind then.

Jeff