Houston Exotic Car Night?? | FerrariChat

Houston Exotic Car Night??

Discussion in 'Texas' started by roro, Mar 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Seems like DFW crew has Exotic Car Nights and meets more than the Houston folks. Is there a Houston Exotic Car Night anywhere in town...ever?

I know every Saturday evening, there is a muscle car/hot rod/classic car meet on FM 1960 in Humble (24 Hour Fitness parking lot). It gets pretty packed.

What about exotic cars? If not, we should make one!

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'd check with the various FChat members in Houston & just plan some sort of dinner & get-together.

3. vrracr

vrracr Karting

Jan 14, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    i'm down!

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

The Dallas ECNs are the result of Jim Schad putting together the first one years ago. link Just find a place with decent parking and a good environment, and just start having them every few months.

One elements that's been important to our ECN success is that the venue we use has a seating that overlooks the parking lot. That makes it more of a car thing and less of a "park and eat" event.

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Roro, the next thing up on the FCA calendar is this Saturday AM......

Where's Waterboy on here? Send him a PM and try to hook up with everyone there!!!!!!

6. Ferrari Rebel

Ferrari Rebel Karting

Dec 27, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Rebel
    Count me in for Exotic car night!

7. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    could be fun, someone PM me when there is a time/place

8. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Yeah, let's get a list of folks wanting to go on this page and also some suggestions on time/place. We can set something up and then have a nice drive afterwards.

9. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    I dont drive yet, but I'd get my parents to take me, even make my dad take his porsche turbo, and take pictures of your cars if yu guys dont car

10. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston
    I dont drive yet, but I'd get my parents to take me, even make my dad take his porsche turbo, and take pictures of your cars if yu guys dont car

11. Gonzalo92

Gonzalo92 Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Houston

12. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This would be cool. Would an exotic be a prerequisite or would we be welcome if we just drove something like a BMW?

13. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    For me, I don't discriminate. I think it's just getting to know everyone on this board, putting faces to names, and the appreciation for cars. Let's keep building this list until we get a good amount and then I'll put a list together/PM. In the meantime, think of dates, place, time.

14. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Its a great group of people so you could show up in a Pinto, if we discriminated not only would we lose alot of friends but we would be a tiny group. If this night comes together show up and meet some friends you already have.

15. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    I'm in! I was a regular for the Dallas ECN when I lived up there. Just tell me where and when. I'll do everything I can to be there.

(sorry, the most exotic vehicle....err....the only vehicle I own is a '94 Mazda pickup. :D)

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jim's great idea after the Cali crew was doing it a few times, but give me credit for reserving it and loosing hundreds of dollars when people left me and my cc short. Last time I ever put my cc down for a group like that, quick lesson learned. :D

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You ran the tab?

Salute padner!!!

Looks like they had a lil' trouble down Florida way with the brunch there....

Hey speaking of brunch, check the Houston FCA schedule of events.....;)

Of course if I make it onto the EmmyLou Harris Tour Bus tonight, maybe they'll hire me as a drummer, and all bets are off!

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great! I should have figured. We are in Texas, the nices mother ****ers around. :D

Put me on the list and as long as it doesn't conflict with previous plans I'm in.

Sounds like good times!

20. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    But no one pimps a Mazda like you Josh....

21. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Always a good time with this group:D

22. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    I'm getting my wheels put on early next week and ready to take it out.

23. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    HA! I appreciate the offer...and compliment (was that a compliment? I think so. I'll take it as such :) ).

I am still living up by Lambo. Richey Rd. and 45, essentially.

Any thoughts on times or places, yet? I'm quite new to the area, so unfortunately I don't have any decent suggestions.

24. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    There's a few places up north where you are. There's some plazas there with restaurants like Saltgrass, etc. next to Golfsmith. There's a Hooters on i45 and 1960 too. In fact, theres a car meet there on Fridays i think.

25. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Everyone would be welcome at our winery in Sugar Land.

Friday nights, Saturday nights, and all day Sunday there are only a few cars in the parking lot.

By the way, we're having our annual "Wine & Wheels" event Saturday June 2nd. A small car show and wine tasting event. If anyone wants a registration form PM me with your email address and I'll send you one.