techart shutdown | FerrariChat

techart shutdown

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Smurf, Jun 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smurf

Smurf Formula 3

#1 Smurf, Jun 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The demise of TECHART GMBH has been confirmed by German local newspapers and tuners. Techart has allegedly stole prototype 997 GT2 (exhaust, turbos) parts from Porsche. TechArt was raided by customs and the local police and Porsche is filing a lawsuit on TechArt for 45 million Euros, thus causing the demise of an once successful Porsche aftermarket tuner.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    don't bite the hand that feeds you

3. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    I'm shocked :eek:

4. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Having inquired I got this on another forum;

PRESS RELEASE

Comment on investigation in conjunction with thefts committed by Porsche AG employees Recently it has been reported that employees of the Porsche AG stole engines and parts from the Weissach development center and offered them on the open market.

Among others, TECHART has been part of an investigation and has become subject of numerous press reports.

TECHART comments on the facts as follows:

TECHART was offered one used Porsche 997 Turbo engine by a car dealer
    located in Leonberg. TECHART purchased this engine with an official bill from that dealer and in good faith.

However, on evaluation TECHART found out that the delivered engine was not identical with the offered product and therefore returned the engine to the vendor. That engine was confiscated by the German prosecution authorities at the facilities of that car dealer.

TECHART did not have any knowledge of the origin of this engine. Other information, which have been released in some press reports are not true. Throughout the media it has been reported that several engines were seized at the facilities of TECHART. This is also not true.

TECHART has been surprised by this occurrence. Of course, TECHART will fully contribute to clarify all facts in this matter and to resolve all suspicions.

TECHART Automobildesign GmbH
    Phone: +49 (0)7152 9339-0
    Fax: +49 (0)7152 9339-33
    www.techart.de

5. jmuriz

jmuriz Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I heard they bought some 997 turbo motors, 2 of them. One was a stock 997 turbo engine, the other was a secrete prototype engine (I guess it was a GT2 motor)...and they didn't return it. Whoops, bigtime!

Just beat me post, thanks for the update!

6. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Now that wasn't a smart move by TechArt.

7. kaisen

kaisen Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Minneapolis
    Old news, but it's legit.